American Dad = GOAT

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I'm a big fan of the show, but it's been hit and miss since it went to TBS. One week, it's good, another week, it's okay, and then the next week, it's trash. When it was on Fox, it rarely ever had an okay or trash episode.

Mike Barker leaving really hurt the show. :mjcry:

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
I'm a big fan of the show, but it's been hit and miss since it went to TBS. One week, it's good, another week, it's okay, and then the next week, it's trash. When it was on Fox, it rarely ever had an okay or trash episode.

Mike Barker leaving really hurt the show. :mjcry:

It’s 1st season on TBS was awful, but they improved a lot on their 2nd season. Since then it’s been hit or miss like you said. The shows been on for so long it was bound to happen though. Still love it but it’s definitely not the same.

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
New season has major FOX vibes :win:

The Smiths turning Italian because of Franny's pasta sauce :pachaha:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Did he ever say why he left the show? Money? Creative Control?
I feel like TBS wanted them to make the show more marketable since it was really dark and surreal on FOX

All I heard was he left due to creative differences after they started production of the TBS episodes. I think you're right in that they wanted him to make changes to the show and have it be more "edgy," even though it was a lot edgier on network television with more people in their ears. I think Seth's clout there kept Fox from interfering with AD, but once the show moved to TBS, people were probably telling Mike how to do the same job he had been doing for eight years so he left.

He hasn't said anything about it since then. I think he was interviewed at his college about American Dad but why he left the show was never brought up at all.

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
this has to be the funniest recurring character on this show....

latest

:russ:

Last edited: