Amazon's new refunds policy will 'crush' us, outraged sellers say

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I tried to buy Nier Automata from a seller on ebay.

Dude I can't find that fukking game anywhere. Amazon.ca they ran out of stock and canceled my order, that was even after release.

That seller on ebay stopped shipping items to his other customers, so I was like her we go. Waited until the shipping window was over then called paypal to get my money back, and PP is like I have to wait 10 days. :francis:

Online, the buyer is right 75% of the time, fukk what these sellers talking about. They need to always favor the buyers when it comes to online because so much fukkery can be afoot.

Real talk tho, where do the lies end. Cuz now @Rekkapryde saying a bed for a 3yr old is somehow converted to a guest room bed?

This nikka got company sleeping on changing tables n shyt :wow:
:laff:Breh........breh:dead:
Sleeping on changin tables

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Amazon is strange to me. I bought shoes that never came and they literally told me :yeshrug: so I asked what their claims process is and it was basically nothing so I called up usps and was able to get more info from them than amazon. Nothing ever came of it, I never got the shoes and didn't get a refund. It wasn't worth continuing to call them about.

Also just because someone gets a refund doesn't mean the buyer loses money. Just like with Paypal seller protection a buyer can have an issue with a product or delivery and Paypal will payout the buyer and seller.

You might win once but it's not something you can continue to abuse.
Are you a prime member?

I've never heard of Amazon refusing to refund anything

shyt,I've gotten a bunch of free shyt from amazon abusing the return policy including a xbox one

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
:lolbron:How bout we ship it and just take a cut?

Damn, remember when ppl on here talk about Amazon like they were angels.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Am I the only reading that the returnless refunds are at the discretion of the seller and not the buyer?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Am I the only reading that the returnless refunds are at the discretion of the seller and not the buyer?
nope... people just want to be outraged without doing ANY reading

i don't think you read that right

Additionally, Amazon said that it's introducing "returnless refunds," a feature that the company said is "highly requested by sellers." The change enables sellers to offer a refund without taking back an item that may be expensive to ship and hard to resell.

only the seller of the merchandise can mark something returnless.. and you'd only do that if say, you are selling an item that costs way more to ship back and forth than the profit.. if you never wanted to use it, you never have to

also all of this only effects people who are buying and shipping by themselves.. so if you have an amazon store that is fulfilled by amazon, then none of this effects you.

i can't blame them.. they are competing against these sellers. you selling controllers for 20 and they selling for 29, and you're also using their platform, plus making up whatever return policy you want, which they have to deal with and makes them look bad......... hell fukking nah i'm not gonna let you run wild on my shyt... get down or lay down :ufdup:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Amazon is strange to me. I bought shoes that never came and they literally told me :yeshrug: so I asked what their claims process is and it was basically nothing so I called up usps and was able to get more info from them than amazon. Nothing ever came of it, I never got the shoes and didn't get a refund. It wasn't worth continuing to call them about.

Also just because someone gets a refund doesn't mean the buyer loses money. Just like with Paypal seller protection a buyer can have an issue with a product or delivery and Paypal will payout the buyer and seller.

You might win once but it's not something you can continue to abuse.
That's strange. I once received an empty box that looked like it was opened and retaped shut. I took some pictures and called Amazon and they sent me the item (a 180 dollar watch!) to me free of charge. The whole call lasted less than two minutes too, had me like :dwillhuh: how easily they sent me that shyt.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Are you a prime member?

I've never heard of Amazon refusing to refund anything

shyt,I've gotten a bunch of free shyt from amazon abusing the return policy including a xbox one

That's strange. I once received an empty box that looked like it was opened and retaped shut. I took some pictures and called Amazon and they sent me the item (a 180 dollar watch!) to me free of charge. The whole call lasted less than two minutes too, had me like :dwillhuh: how easily they sent me that shyt.

It was weird. The situation was dumb. Basically I ordered and went about my business then after like 11 days I didn't get the package so I called them and they said they would open a claim. They contacted me back said the package was given to usps and that's all they knew and that was really as far as they would check. I live within walking distance of my post office and I know my mail carrier so dude was more than accommodating they never got anything. It was only for some $25-30 cheap white shoes. Not a big deal. I don't really fukk with Amazon. I might order only a few times a year but I order from ebay like 4-5 times a month :yeshrug: to me it's better quality and always faster shipping but then again I dont have prime. I used to order from amazon when I wanted things from stores rather than individual sellers but you can get wholesale retail goods of eBay. I order gun Parts and video games and shyt so amazon isn't anything I need in my life.

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
Amazon is GOAT if you're a buyer.... I ordered an Audio Technica turntable for $80 and they had an option to upgrade it to a USB turntable for $129. Nice but I didn't need it. Ordered the $80 turntable and they upgraded me free of charge lol. Got the USB turntable two days later.

LiIZaneFan1978

2PAC BACK
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If sellers are upset then I'm inclined to not be

Can't figure a scenario where I, as the consumer, would be adversely affected by this