Am I the only one who hasn't watched Iron Fist?

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Man shut the fukk up!
You aint need no goddamn thread for this shyt! :what:

Coulda took your goofy ass into the Terry Cloth thread and all your little questions woulda been answered

I met my one a$$hole post quota for the month
:hahadrax:
So if it's so pointless why you wasting your time replying

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Thought it was just me...

It ain't based on reviews or hype though, I'm just not finished downloading it. I watched episode one and liked it though. But i've been waiting for it a min cause I grew up on the Matt Fraction run, and it deals with esoteric knowledge and symbolism which is enough to hold me over through the struggle execution...

A flaw I noticed from day one is that Marvel's taking the "grounded" approach too seriously with the netflix stuff. It makes aspects of the mythos of certain properties fall flat, esp as far as cinematography is concerned.. Gotta know when to be cinematic and when to dial back to the street level. Esp. with a daredevil or a iron fist. Agents of Shield learned that lesson this season. Hopefully the netflix shyt does as well.

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Watched every other marvel show on netflix but couldnt bring myself to watch this...concept looked too corny and reading the wiki summary doesnt sound much better.

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Like a real corny Batman Begins

Imagine if the majority of Batman Begins was board meetings when Bruce came back from training cause they didn't want him back in the company.

Sprinkled into that EXCITING drama is the occasional SyFy channel level fight scene.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Never watched this either.

Was :ld: when I seen the trailers then everybody said it's wack when it came out. Literally everybody. The internet, people I know, etc.

There's too much good shyt on TV to be wasting time with lame shyt.

Fred.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Imagine if the majority of Batman Begins was board meetings when Bruce came back from training cause they didn't want him back in the company.

Sprinkled into that EXCITING drama is the occasional SyFy channel level fight scene.

Yup the exact analogy I made. It's batman begins but instead of \worrying about Ra's, half of it is him going toe to toe with Rutger Hauer in the board room

Lýba'rhaésheýun

Tha Blaq Lýba'rhaésheýun Nhetwerqq
Daps
Reppin
Miami
I liked Ironfist the choreography is not as good as daredevil but danny did his thing. I dislike how he can't seem to do much without his sidekicks ninja girl & claire as usual. It had good moments:ld:

I just can't wait till the defenders

Matt is probably gonna represent Luke Cage in court. and Jessica might get sent to investigate Mr rand. Danny & Luke Cage suppose to homies too I can't wait to see that develop :Mightymos:

So Yeah... Iron Fist Was somewhat interesting and engaging as most of marvels netflix shows are but ultimately forgettable :yeshrug:we gone see what season 2 looking like and Give Him A Suit Next Time :CrazyCass:

Last edited:

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
A LOT of people haven't watched it, breh. :heh:

Before the reviews were coming in, I was planning on going through the motions and watching it because I had seen the other Marvel Netflix shows, but everyone is shytting on it so bad, I deleted it from my queue. Never cared about Iron Fist anyway. I'm waiting for The Defenders. :yeshrug:

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
i finally got around to watching it last week. jet lagged and with the flu.
to be honest i actually didn't hate the show. it wasn't terrible, it wasn't good......just consistently dull.

now..Danny. Danny i hated.

i know next to nothing about Ironfist but i knew he wasn't convincing and had zero charisma. he played it like an angry teen. surely now you're the Ironfist and what you went through to become the Ironfist would have knocked the whole spoiled child angry at the world bullshyt out of you no ?

you know your bad when the show improves when you're not on screen.

Ward and his pops were the best parts of the show.
i liked Coleen for the most part too.

you know a show is not good when the best scene in the whole show is the first time Ward goes to see Harold.
just him walking into a building, going in an elevator walking up some stairs down the hallway and into the apartment with the score playing.

thats it. that was my favorite scene.

Just came in to say that Luke Cage was AWFUL and mad people on here and on twitter said it was good but it was just a lamer version of Meteor Man with some pop culture references sprinkled on top

started off great...fell of a cliff.
those last few episodes were a struggle.