Am I the only one who can't stand superhero movies?

resurrection

By Way of Deception, Thou Shalt Do War
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Fully prepared to get hammered for this thread, but fukk it

I never get excited about the new ones and never go to see them because they just feel like over-produced hype machines without compelling stories or interesting characters. They are the embodiment of Hollywood's attempts to just keep cashing in on the creative leg work that has already been done by others in the past because they know people will keep coming to see them. They don't have to put any thought into it anymore. They just feel empty and soulless, relying on CGI and explosions and hype building up for the next sequel.

Okay rant over. Is anyone with me on this or is the general consensus to just stfu and enjoy them for what they are?

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
So youre not a proponent of mindless comic book/cinema fukkery huh? :wtb:

:camby:

:troll:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Meteor Man tho...he is that nikka.
enhanced-buzz-8850-1390702818-0.jpg

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
most of them are uninspired money-grabs. But surprisingly none of them are horrible movies. Just very formulaic and forgettable, there are a few standouts like Guardians, Cap 2, X-men 2, DOFP, Dark Knight, Batman Begins, Spiderman 2.....
one of these movies is not like the others and the omission of first class is egregious

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Do you feel movies based on books/novels are, "the embodiment of Hollywood's attempts to just keep cashing in on the creative leg work that has already been done by others in the past"? Just curious cause there are way more movies based on books compared to comics. .

This. nikkas keep creating threads with this similar topic like it's a new topic or something. I don't see anybody creating threads to disscus other movie genres their not into.

Quarterback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCOaI06zAvg
Daps
Reppin
Where many murders occur
Co-sign. After the GOAT Supes movie, Supes 2 was aigh, Supes 3 was :yeshrug: and Supes 4 was :dahell:

Batman was wack, the sequels were shytty, and errything after that was shyt. I don't fukk with anything after Batman Returns. My woman tried to get me to watch parts of Spiderman 2, but shyt was lame.