"Always Forward" - Official Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 2 Thread

mr x

Superstar
Daps
I don't think they'll go that route in the shows. People are just pushing for it because it happened in the comics, but they're ignoring all the shyt that happened during that first season of Jessica Jones.

Jessica stalked Luke, killed his wife, lied about it, and basically destroyed the new life he had built for himself. It's one thing to make it so that they're friendly, it's something else entirely to put him in a relationship after all that, it'd just make Luke Cage look like a shytty person IMO.

Plus is think the chemistry between Colter and Ritter is overrated. Colter has much better chemistry with Missick and Dawson IMO.

People are just letting their knowledge of the source material cloud their perception of things. Sort of like how everybody assumed Captain America was going to die at the end of Civil War because it happened in the comics.

they didnt really ignore it completely though. They brought it up twice towards the end.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Luke ends up with Jessica Jones eventually. Wouldn't shock me if Rosario gets killed off sometime in the near future.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You do realize they're married with kids in the comics?:sas1:

:what: I said in the second sentence of my post that they end up together in the he comics. The big difference is in the comics they're just fukk buddies that eventually end up in a relationship. In the MCU there's all this added baggage that wasn't there before. Jessica killed Luke's wife, she was under Killgraves control at the time but she still killed his wife, kept that information from him, stalked him, had sex with him knowing that information, then nearly let him kill an innocent person just save her own ass. I can see Luke being a big enough person to get past that and form a friendship with her after that, but not marry and have kids with her.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Saw that coming
full

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
They're clearly trying to have the Luke Cage show cater not just to black folks but black women specifically... which is why they improvised his character with the misdirection of having Misty come across like the target love interest and prominent woman for the first half of the season, then making up the backstory of him having a woc wife, then the okie doke of swapping out Misty with Claire (another woc) after making it clear that Misty was the one who "rejected" Luke. And of course all the black women he helped throughout the show.

They know who their target audience is and knew you can't have no show about repping the black community if the titular black male has a white wife, white best friend and pretty much hangs around no black people with barely a connection to any black women or black supporting cast... which is essentially what comic book Luke Cage has largely been for over a decade, up until a couple years ago.

He's pretty much been the castrated sitcom husband to Jessica's overbearing sitcom wife since like 2006 or some shyt. coupled with being the token black guy among white ppl for most of that run as well.

What will be interesting is if, how, or when will they try to integrate Danny and Jessica.. knowing that the target demographic doesn't care for either of those characters like that. at least I don't.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I don't think they'll go that route in the shows. People are just pushing for it because it happened in the comics, but they're ignoring all the shyt that happened during that first season of Jessica Jones.

Jessica stalked Luke, killed his wife, lied about it, and basically destroyed the new life he had built for himself. It's one thing to make it so that they're friendly, it's something else entirely to put him in a relationship after all that, it'd just make Luke Cage look like a shytty person IMO.

Plus is think the chemistry between Colter and Ritter is overrated. Colter has much better chemistry with Missick and Dawson IMO.

People are just letting their knowledge of the source material cloud their perception of things. Sort of like how everybody assumed Captain America was going to die at the end of Civil War because it happened in the comics.
I honestly think he has really good chemistry with Jessica. I liked his chemistry with Misty more than all of em. But I honestly think they gonna figure out a way to bring him and Jessica together. If u watched the Defenders they was flirting thru the whole shyt. I think u in denial broski. Lol. The people who I think AINT getting together is Misty and Danny. I'm not sure Daredevil and Karen getting together either.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
marvels-luke-cage.jpg

Danny Rand (Finn Jones) a.k.a. the Immortal Iron Fist a.k.a. Protector of K’un-Lun a.k.a. Sworn Enemy of the Hand a.k.a. the Defender the other Defenders kept picking on will appear in the second season of Marvel’s Luke Cage with Luke Cage (Mike Colter) himself.

Marvel is keeping details of Danny’s involvement under wraps, but when Luke’s standalone series returns on Netflix, the two comic-book partners will be seen together at least once. EW has the evidence with this exclusive first look at the pair in season 2:

The characters last worked alongside each other in Marvel’s The Defenders, which saw New York’s street-level heroes Daredevil (Charlie Cox), Jessica Jones (Krysten Ritter), Luke Cage, and Iron Fist begrudgingly unite to take down the Hand. (Spoilers ahead!) At the end of the team-up miniseries, they parted ways: Luke returned to Harlem, and Danny, finally sporting a green-and-yellow tracksuit, vowed to help protect the city at night. It’s a move that honors Daredevil, who appeared to die during the battle at Midland Circle. (Viewers, though, know that’s not the case.)

No word yet on what brings two of the four Defenders back in each other’s orbit — maybe Misty (Simone Missick) wants to thank Danny for her new arm? — but here’s hoping it’s to fight enemies, not each other. That’d be moving forward.

Marvel’s Luke Cage returns in 2018 on Netflix.

'Marvel's Luke Cage' first look: Iron Fist joins Luke in season 2