"Always Forward" - Official Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 2 Thread

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I just finished a rewatch of both seasons the other day. Season 1 reminded me of the excitement when it initially dropped. Season 2 was just flat out great. To me it's neck and neck with Daredevil Season 3 in terms of the distance they had to cover with the character. Luke went from hero to crime boss while Matt had to find himself again after the end of 'Defenders'.

Alfre Woodard was a menace all the way through :russ: just bars on bars. Luke's slipping all the way through until he is finally the new godfather at the end was well told. The only thing that bothers me about Disney plus rebooting the shows is that we won't get to pick up on that story again.

Also - how did Adrian Younge and Ali Shaheed Muhammad not get with Rakim to do a whole album after the song on the finale? shyt was fire, would have loved to see that chemistry play out over a whole project.

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I just finished a rewatch of both seasons the other day. Season 1 reminded me of the excitement when it initially dropped. Season 2 was just flat out great. To me it's neck and neck with Daredevil Season 3 in terms of the distance they had to cover with the character. Luke went from hero to crime boss while Matt had to find himself again after the end of 'Defenders'.

Alfre Woodard was a menace all the way through :russ: just bars on bars. Luke's slipping all the way through until he is finally the new godfather at the end was well told. The only thing that bothers me about Disney plus rebooting the shows is that we won't get to pick up on that story again.

Also - how did Adrian Younge and Ali Shaheed Muhammad not get with Rakim to do a whole album after the song on the finale? shyt was fire and would have loved to see that chemistry play out over a whole project.

Yea….. @Luke Cage became a piece of shyt and snake nicca to his own community and all his day ones.

I hope Misty takes him down

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Yea….. @Luke Cage became a piece of shyt and snake nicca to his own community and all his day ones.

I hope Misty takes him down

By herself? Her arm too short to box with God. :skip:

It's the 'Shadowland' story arc from the Daredevil comic done over, which means they would have probably brought in all the other characters.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
clunky oafish dude got outperformed by cotton mouth. that's it. nothing else was great about this. a very mild series. they tried with the hip hop homage and the soundtrack but damn was dude BORING.