Alright TSC, Lets attempt to have a level headed conversation about Austin Theory and his failed cash-in for a second...

Is it over for Austin Theory?

• Total voters

drifter

Superstar
Daps
The booking decision is still stupid as fukk. :camby: You're supposed to take him serious when he cashed in for the US title and not the world title :mjlol:. It still goes down as one of the dumbest things a wrestler has ever done. It's up there with Macho Man going for a pin in the Royal Rumble :russ:
Once you take into consideration Triple H didn't put the briefcase on him in the first place it makes a little more sense, Triple H was even talking shyt to folks like you in the scrum too lol

Hunter had him go out like that because in his world he's nowhere near ready to face Reigns and with story of Jey & Sami still developing and Cody healing up, I'd say he's right. So what's that leave Theory to actually do? Short term burial for long term growth works if they play it out well and they've done that having him snap and become his own man in the process

Vince would've drug Theory to being his own man and that main event with Roman and y'all would've complained he's getting shoved down your throat like you were doing before the allegations came down so you would've been unhappy either way

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The booking decision is still stupid as fukk. :camby: You're supposed to take him serious when he cashed in for the US title and not the world title :mjlol:. It still goes down as one of the dumbest things a wrestler has ever done. It's up there with Macho Man going for a pin in the Royal Rumble :russ:

Yeah It Is Still A Stupid Cash In

I Understand All They Really Wanted Was To Get Rid Of The BriefCase But If Youre Gonna Have Him FAIL At A Cash In Why Not Fail At Cashing In On The BIG Prize? You Can Excuse The Fail When A Bloodline Member Interrupts

It Can Also Give You A Glimpse At Any Future Theory Vs Roman Matches Years Down The Line If Theory Ends Up As Big As They Want, You Know, For Those Video Packages Everyone Loves

I Guess They Just Want To Keep Him Busy With A Storyline But Ehh

To Cash In, Fail, Then Win The IC Belt Anyway Is Weird

But Then Again, Us As Fans Like To See A Fun End Result To MITB And To The Company It’s Just A Little Piece Of Story Arch

ÆTHER

The Fifth Element
Daps
Reppin
93 million miles above these devils

He explained it logically. Roman's tied up the World titles and he benefits from constant interference by the Bloodline. He'd already done the "right" thing by trying to cash in on a vulnerable Roman twice and been thwarted twice there's too much traffic. So he did what any other heel would do and he chose the path of least resistance. Gunther has Imperium, Seth has nobody so he's the easiest target :manny: . Didn't anticipate Lashley stepping in because he had nothing to gain from that (beyond the satisfaction of beating Seth himself). You could say that he's stupid for not waiting but his whole character since he'd been called-up was how he was so much younger than everyone else, patience is not a quality associated with youth, especially when you're someone who's largely having his way.

Since then he's been in a feud with and came out on top against Lashley and Seth who (along with Brock and Drew) are the two guys closest to Roman in kayfabe and the top guys on Raw. He's higher up than he was when he won the Money In The Bank briefcase, is that not the point?

As an aside it's strange how online wrestling fans have beat WWE with a stick for about 20 years over how they've devalued the midcard titles but a guy with a ticket to the World title looks at that and says fukk that I'll make this MY World Title and he's called stupid for it. What's your plan exactly for elevating those belts, just having smark-bait matches at the end of the night with champions who never lose?

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
He explained it logically. Roman's tied up the World titles and he benefits from constant interference by the Bloodline. He'd already done the "right" thing by trying to cash in on a vulnerable Roman twice and been thwarted twice there's too much traffic. So he did what any other heel would do and he chose the path of least resistance. Gunther has Imperium, Seth has nobody so he's the easiest target :manny: . Didn't anticipate Lashley stepping in because he had nothing to gain from that (beyond the satisfaction of beating Seth himself). You could say that he's stupid for not waiting but his whole character since he'd been called-up was how he was so much younger than everyone else, patience is not a quality associated with youth, especially when you're someone who's largely having his way.

Since then he's been in a feud with and came out on top against Lashley and Seth who (along with Brock and Drew) are the two guys closest to Roman in kayfabe and the top guys on Raw. He's higher up than he was when he won the Money In The Bank briefcase, is that not the point?

As an aside it's strange how online wrestling fans have beat WWE with a stick for about 20 years over how they've devalued the midcard titles but a guy with a ticket to the World title looks at that and says fukk that I'll make this MY World Title and he's called stupid for it. What's your plan exactly for elevating those belts, just having smark-bait matches at the end of the night with champions who never lose?
No matter how much you elevate them, The US and IC titles will NEVER be world titles.

shyt was retarded then and still is now.

ÆTHER

The Fifth Element
Daps
Reppin
93 million miles above these devils
No matter how much you elevate them, The US and IC titles will NEVER be world titles.

shyt was retarded then and still is now.

I never said they would be but someone would have to treat them damn near like they are if you want them to matter anywhere near as much especially when you need them to matter because you have 1 World Champion split over 2 shows and 2 rosters.

But that still doesn't answer my question, what's the plan? Win 20 matches that go for 15 minutes, win belt, win another 20 matches that go for 20 minutes, lose belt to guy who just won 20 matches, challenge World champ, beat him in 30 minutes rinse and repeat?

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
So what's that leave Theory to actually do?

Cash in on Bron Breakker. It was teased before one of their PLE's and it would have made sense to let him cook with the top title on NXT until the titles are off of Reigns. Would have made a hell of a lot more sense than him cashing in for the US title only to lose it, but wind up winning it anyways a couple weeks later.

Silkk

Daps
I never said they would be but someone would have to treat them damn near like they are if you want them to matter anywhere near as much especially when you need them to matter because you have 1 World Champion split over 2 shows and 2 rosters.

But that still doesn't answer my question, what's the plan? Win 20 matches that go for 15 minutes, win belt, win another 20 matches that go for 20 minutes, lose belt to guy who just won 20 matches, challenge World champ, beat him in 30 minutes rinse and repeat?
The plan to elevate the midcard belts?

HHH has done a GREAT job at that, But no matter how much you elevate them they will NEVER be the top belt.

We literally sat through two years of Cody trying to do that shyt with the AEW TV title.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Cash in on Bron Breakker. It was teased before one of their PLE's and it would have made sense to let him cook with the top title on NXT until the titles are off of Reigns. Would have made a hell of a lot more sense than him cashing in for the US title only to lose it, but wind up winning it anyways a couple weeks later.
The top title on NXT is still NXT. He got clowned and obituaries written cashing in for the US title, the internet would've physically put him under the ground if he cashed for a NXT belt.

If that's the best option then the reality was he really was stuck with the briefcase. Which means they did the right thing having him lose it and then letting him eat cake. It was rocky getting here but nobody's going to give a shyt in the long run

taker597

Superstar
Daps
The plan to elevate the midcard belts?

HHH has done a GREAT job at that, But no matter how much you elevate them they will NEVER be the top belt.

We literally sat through two years of Cody trying to do that shyt with the AEW TV title.
You being completely tone deaf to the fact that Raw doesn't have a World title at the moment.

You can speak that shyt all you want, but untill they split those belts. The United States Title is the top title on Raw.

Silkk

Daps
You being completely tone deaf to the fact that Raw doesn't have a World title at the moment.

You can speak that shyt all you want, but untill they split those belts. The United States Title is the top title on Raw.
Its a silver medal, But ok pal.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps

Nah Breh, these nikkas wanted theory to create his own world title

His career may never rebound from this :troll:

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Theory's going to be fine.

His theme song should change to better reflect his new attitude, but he's going to be fine.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Nah Breh, these nikkas wanted theory to create his own world title

His career may never rebound from this :troll:

Not one person said that.

The cash in itself was terribly executed. If TK had booked something similar (for example MJF trying and failing to cashing on the All Atlantic Title only for him to win it a couple weeks later) there would be 35 pages of people shytting on it in the stinks thread. It was a lazy way to get out of a no-win situation for Theory. As I said earlier, he's young enough to overcome that terrible booking call.