Alright TSC, Lets attempt to have a level headed conversation about Austin Theory and his failed cash-in for a second...

Is it over for Austin Theory?

• Total voters

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
OK I'm going to settle one thing right now. Raw has a world title, it's the WWE Championship and Roman Reigns has it. He can appear on both shows just like the Usos because they are double champs. How hard is that to understand?

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Not one person said that.

The cash in itself was terribly executed. If TK had booked something similar (for example MJF trying and failing to cashing on the All Atlantic Title only for him to win it a couple weeks later) there would be 35 pages of people shytting on it in the stinks thread. It was a lazy way to get out of a no-win situation for Theory. As I said earlier, he's young enough to overcome that terrible booking call.
It was a joke breh. I know no one wants them to create a new title. I’m just poking fun at the lack of acknowledging that the US title is the top RAW title. Roman isn’t dropping those belts. We know this. We’ve known this.

And as soon as I read “if TK booked..” I stopped reading your post. No offense, you a cool nikka…but this thread has absolutely nothing to do with Tony Khan or AEW. it’s too many of you basing y’all opinions around what the reaction would be towards the other company if completely made up scenarios happened. We had another guy saying “well when Wardlow..” and that shyts so annoying. Have a real opinion, stop trying to offset hypothetical hate spewed towards the other side with these counter posts. What’s wrong with y’all man?

Both AEW and WWE Stan’s do that way too much on this site. It’s always some underlying versus bullshyt behind y’all posts.

Last edited:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
He explained it logically. Roman's tied up the World titles and he benefits from constant interference by the Bloodline. He'd already done the "right" thing by trying to cash in on a vulnerable Roman twice and been thwarted twice there's too much traffic. So he did what any other heel would do and he chose the path of least resistance. Gunther has Imperium, Seth has nobody so he's the easiest target :manny: . Didn't anticipate Lashley stepping in because he had nothing to gain from that (beyond the satisfaction of beating Seth himself). You could say that he's stupid for not waiting but his whole character since he'd been called-up was how he was so much younger than everyone else, patience is not a quality associated with youth, especially when you're someone who's largely having his way.

Since then he's been in a feud with and came out on top against Lashley and Seth who (along with Brock and Drew) are the two guys closest to Roman in kayfabe and the top guys on Raw. He's higher up than he was when he won the Money In The Bank briefcase, is that not the point?

As an aside it's strange how online wrestling fans have beat WWE with a stick for about 20 years over how they've devalued the midcard titles but a guy with a ticket to the World title looks at that and says fukk that I'll make this MY World Title and he's called stupid for it. What's your plan exactly for elevating those belts, just having smark-bait matches at the end of the night with champions who never lose?
Man let these dudes die on their hill, they have been proven wrong but they have the need to be right about something. So now they are moving the goalposts to fit the argument that the MID card belts can’t be elevated.

HHH is doing everything they complained Vince wasn’t doing with those belts and these dudes are covering their eyes and saying if they can’t see it working, then it ain’t working.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
OK I'm going to settle one thing right now. Raw has a world title, it's the WWE Championship and Roman Reigns has it. He can appear on both shows just like the Usos because they are double champs. How hard is that to understand?
Where he at? When is the last time he defended it against a Raw talent? Hell.. when was the last time he had a program with a Raw wrestler?

RKO bro in freaking May.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Y’all really still arguing about this :mjlol:

There’s nobody in TSC who thought Theory deserved that MITB briefcase. Who gives a fukk how he lost it? I don’t care if he woulda lost it by rock paper scissors, he needed to lose that shyt asap and that’s what Hunter did while also managing to course correct his career.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
All of this stinks.

To me a failed cash in at Summerslam or Clash of the Castle would've been much better. There was already fukkery involved with the tease. Could've let Tyson Fury cost Theory his match, and it still opens up Solo Sikoa to come through and interfere since the match would've been a triple threat.

That being said, he will be fine. I don't believe that this is the end of the road for him. The idea that HHH is burying him is wild to me.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
Where he at? When is the last time he defended it against a Raw talent? Hell.. when was the last time he had a program with a Raw wrestler?

RKO bro in freaking May.
Is Logan Paul Raw? Maybe. He's likely more of a free agent like Brock (means he belongs to both shows) so technically he has. So there is your answer. Logan Paul at Crown Jewel was the program.

Vic Damone. Jr

Don't support the phonies, support the real
Daps
Reppin
Memphis TN
Should’ve had him cash-in on Bron after his upcoming match with Apollo then have him turn into serious Theory the following Tuesday.

This was the perfect teaser with no payoff :dry:

ÆTHER

The Fifth Element
Daps
Reppin
93 million miles above these devils
The plan to elevate the midcard belts?

HHH has done a GREAT job at that, But no matter how much you elevate them they will NEVER be the top belt.

We literally sat through two years of Cody trying to do that shyt with the AEW TV title.

Cody wasn't in a position to elevate anything the moment he lost and locked himself out of the World title scene. You can't elevate anything if you have a ceiling. Story wise he didn't have a choice, he was stuck. The Money in the Bank holder has all the choices, they hold all the cards and the audience knows it. They don't know when, where or how but the audience knows that this guy is probably going to be the next World Champion and they're a constant threat to the throne that's why the briefcase matters because of what comes next and he CHOSE the United States Championship.

There was NOTHING for Cody afterwards so the belt was just a treadmill and its been a treadmill for everyone else too Sammy's been champ 3 times and he's still a sidekick. The only out Cody would have had is if he wrestled the guys he would have wrestled as World champion like Mox and Omega or even Adam Page but he didn't he was either wrestling relative nobodies like Darby Allin and Sammy Guevara or doing Codyverse shyt with QT Marshall and complete nobodies so he was just a guy in hell beating up losers.

So no he wasn't trying to elevate the belt it was just idiocy, it's not enough to just say you want to make it prestigious then turn around and have unnecessarily competitive matches with losers because nobody who matters wants it.

Should’ve had him cash-in on Bron after his upcoming match with Apollo then have him turn into serious Theory the following Tuesday.

This was the perfect teaser with no payoff :dry:

Wrestling Seth and Lashley on RAW >>>>>>>>>>>>> wrestling Joe Gacy, Apollo Crews and Grayson WAHLUH in Orlando for 600k viewers.