Alright TSC, Lets attempt to have a level headed conversation about Austin Theory and his failed cash-in for a second...

Is it over for Austin Theory?

• Total voters

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Yeah, maybe he just wanted his way of pushing him further down to then build him back up.
Maybe…

Or maybe he getting his rocks off after how Vince gutted and killed his NXT, and buried Kross on the main roster :manny:

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
He could still very well have a great career and be a multi time champion.

Doesn't make last week's booking any less stupid.

I mean, I feel you..

but that's what I was asking in the opening post lol... How's his career going to play out? What's his trajectory after losing the MITB briefcase. My question wasn't if last weeks booking was stupid. We can't undo that. So whats next?

there's a shared sentiment that's he's completely buried and the project is over among a segment of fans on the IWC. Dudes truly believe his career is in mud and will never rebound in the WWE..

I personally don't see it that way and think it's an overreaction to something that literally won't matter a year from now ala Daniel Bryan losing in 17 seconds to Sheamus at Mania..

Hate to keep saying it, but its pro wrestling. Scripted drama. shyt can change for a nikka at the snap of a finger, good or bad. This notion that your career is done when you don't go over is hilariously stupid. Sami Zayn was getting beat up by Wee Man at mania, now he has fans begging for his eventual world title run.. Have ya'll not learned anything? its wrestling.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
What upper level-top heel did HHH book like this in NXT?
Is Austin Theory an organic upper level heel? He was forced into this position. He didn't do anything to deserve his spot.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The cash in on an open challenge is still the funniest thing to happen in wrestling this year, at least to me. It was so stupid.

He needed to lose that case. I just wish they went about it in a different way. I don't think that will hurt him too badly, though. He'll still have a spot the mid/upper-mid card.

Silkk

Daps
I mean, I feel you..

but that's what I was asking in the opening post lol... How's his career going to play out? What's his trajectory after losing the MITB briefcase. My question wasn't if last weeks booking was stupid. We can't undo that. So whats next?

there's a shared sentiment that's he's completely buried and the project is over among a segment of fans on the IWC. Dudes truly believe his career is in mud and will never rebound in the WWE..

I personally don't see it that way and think it's an overreaction to something that literally won't matter a year from now ala Daniel Bryan losing in 17 seconds to Sheamus at Mania..

Hate to keep saying it, but its pro wrestling. Scripted drama. shyt can change for a nikka at the snap of a finger, good or bad. This notion that your career is done when you don't go over is hilariously stupid. Sami Zayn was getting beat up by Wee Man at mania, now he has fans begging for his eventual world title run.. Have ya'll not learned anything? its wrestling.
I mean we’ve seen Jinder Mahal become a world champion. No one is ever completely done.

Silkk

Daps
Is Austin Theory an organic upper level heel? He was forced into this position. He didn't do anything to deserve his spot.
Literally got no idea what this even means. Name some so I can respond with a real answer.

Daps
Two things

1. This proves that having 2 world titles in the past created manufactured b level champions. Now that there is just one world champion and one classic reign, you can't just cash in on a B-level world title anymore. So many former MITB winners wouldn't have successfully cashed in if Cena 2005-2011 was the sole world champion at the time.

2. The storyline I would have gone with was have HHH backstage and Austin Theory cuts the goofiness and says "I want to give this back to you. I don't deserve this and I want to earn my spot the right way here in WWE" and have him walk away (HHH looks on with the briefcase a bit puzzled)

Then, he shows up in NXT and gets a babyface reaction, grabs a mic and says "I'm glad to be home. I have some unfinished business down here in NX...

Have Grayson Waller interrupt him and say

"you have to be the DUMBEST Superstar I've ever seen. You had a chance to become world champion and you just give it away. You are a pathetic man" etc

If done right, Theory becomes Cena Jr. And Grayson becomes Miz Jr.

Last edited:

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
Two things

1. This proves that having 2 world titles in the past created manufactured b level champions. Now that there is just one world champion and one classic reign, you can't just cash in on a B-level world title anymore. So many former MITB winners wouldn't have successfully cashed in if Cena 2005-2011 was the sole world champion at the time.

2. The storyline I would have gone with was have HHH backstage and Austin Theory cuts the goofiness and says "I want to give this back to you. I don't deserve this and I want to earn my spot the right way here in WWE" and have him walk away (HHH looks on with the briefcase a bit puzzled)

Then, he shows up in NXT and gets a babyface reaction, grabs a mic and says "I'm glad to be home. I have some unfinished business down here in NX...

Have Grayson Waller interrupt him and say

"you have to be the DUMBEST Superstar I've ever seen. You had a chance to become world champion and you just give it away. You are a pathetic man" etc

If done right, Theory becomes Cena Jr. And Grayson becomes Miz Jr.

With ideas that mid, HHH will be hiring you soon

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Never saw start potential in him, and there's nothing wrong with being a midcarder. Also, like others have said if he's able to overcome this then he was destined for top billing, but I don't think he's that guy