Almost Human

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
They finally got back into the mythology of the show, bringing up John's ex-girlfriend and trying to get the captured guy to give up what the syndicate group was after. Looks like next week will deal with it as well. Ratings for the show has been slowing inching up the last couple weeks which is good.

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another good episode. I immediately thought of Golgo 13 with the Magic Bullet. Nice to see them reintroduce the main objective/ catalyst of the series. I liked the new technology showcased with the phone/ message system in her hand. Ol girl reminded me of Zooey Deschanel. Dead at Kennex saying "You're pulling my leg" and I swear that energy chew was shaped like a Swedish fish. It was nice to see Dorian take the backseat this episode.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Nice return episode for the show. They finally got back to some of the mythology of the show with introducing the creator of Dorian and having Gina Carrano guest star as the XRN on a rampage. They also set up the concept of The Wall which I don't think they have really mentioned before, if they did it was brief. Seems like over the wall is where all the outlaws, criminals are located.

Remy Danton

All Star
Daps
show is actually pretty dope. like the seen they had, where they discovered ol girl who was a stripper
was really a robot.

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dope episode. She kicked the shyt out of Dorian with that drop kick and Kennex hit her ass with one of these

cage.jpg

I liked the direction of this episode including the back history of the DRNs and why they were decommissioned. Is this "Wall" like crossing over in the Matrix? Very interesting stuff. I hope that Rudy gets a chance to shine with some new tech because this guy isn't some ordinary clown.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
that was the best episode of the series so far

looks like the mythology finally kicking in :blessed:

lets just hope its not too late

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Nice return episode for the show. They finally got back to some of the mythology of the show with introducing the creator of Dorian and having Gina Carrano guest star as the XRN on a rampage. They also set up the concept of The Wall which I don't think they have really mentioned before, if they did it was brief. Seems like over the wall is where all the outlaws, criminals are located.
yea i think they set up the rest of the season real nice with this episode

Im interested to see behind the wall and Dorians daddy did say he had a new batch of DRNs almost ready to go when they fired him and went with the RXs

looks like those processors and souls might be for them DRNs and dude is building a army

i hope they continue this storyline next episode and dont go back to procedural like Fringe did in season 1.I remember they teased us with a couple mythology episodes early but didnt go back to it until the last couple episodes of the season.I hope they dont make that same mistake again

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
The latest episode suffered because it was ran out of order, it was originally supposed to be the 4th episode shown but FOX waited until now to air it. The case of the week was just okay, and they really didn't do too much with female detective being a chrome.

There were flashbacks to the betrayal of Kennex's ex, but that hasn't really hit hard for me because we never saw them as a couple before.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I wasn't feeling the smarthouse getting hacked case that much.

Someone implanting Dorian with childhood memories, could be the creator they introduced.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
This show could be so much more. I wish it had a story arc and had gotten picked up by a premium network. That way they'd be able to develop the future world better. For example, last episode touched on smart houses which I thought was a dope concept but we'll probably never hear about it again. Had that been stretched out over 3 episodes we could've gotten a more in-depth look.

Maybe they don't wanna spoil the future. :heh:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
show is wack as fukk

on the one hand they have crazy futuristic technology like sentient robots with human emotions like Dorian (we're not even close to doing this)......and on the other they are still usings fukkin iPads :dahell:

show is supposed to be set in 2048. thats over 30 years in the future. who the hell is still usings computers from 30 years ago today? :dwillhuh:

plus the cars look exactly like cars today. i'm not saying they gotta have flying cars like every show about the future but at least make it look different. i mean cars 30 years ago looked noticeably different than cars today.

also found it funny that robots are intelligent enough to be cops yet aren't smart enough for there to be driverless cars in 2048 :what:

show really dropped the ball bigtime when it comes to the tech

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
im mad that the last 3 episodes have ended on lil cliffhangers and they just go to the next case in the next episode and dont even mention the shyt from last week :mindblown:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Oh, the irony. Dude did all that to fix his face only to find out the girl he was in love with was blind :beli:

Dorian clowning on Kennex is still funny, "I never heard his voice, only him grunting before he kicked your ass :lolbron:"

Preview said next week is the season finale, overall I would say the show hasn't lived up to the potential of its premise. The chemistry between the 2 main actors is really good, but they have bungled any serialized story elements for the most part.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Well last night was the season finale of the show, right now it is still on the bubble for FOX and has about a 50/50 chance of coming back from what I read.

I thought the case of the week was more interesting this time with dude jacking runaways and cloning them. The interactions with Dorian/Kennex remain really good. I know the producers have said the show is sometimes to be procedural, but if it does come back next year they really need to invest in some longer story arcs in order to make the show really good. Right now it hasn't lived up to its potential for me.