Bigtymer301

Mr. Roll-Up
Daps
Reppin
Lol. I manage finances for one of the divisions at my agency. Budgets/Salaries/Procurement/Payment/Reporting. Basically a couple excel spreadsheet with a few formulas, and these people think I'm a genius. I mean i do my work, but it's so easy i feel like I'm stealing.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
As far as roadblocks, man, major cities be sewn the hell up.

I'm from Houston and it's damn near impossible to book most popular rap artist if you aren't this Jewish couple that owns a company called Scoremore, or Rap-A-lot affiliated.

Dudes like Chance, Big Sean, Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole, Wiz don't book with anybody who isn't Scoremore.

Dudes like Drake, Meek Mill, Kevin Gates, Migos don't book anything in Houston that isn't sanctioned by Rap-A-lot.

So me and partner had to start going on the road to places like Arizona, Michigan, Ohio to find these markets that really got a lot of fans but people forget they exist.

Also, a lot of venues are  :mjpls: when it comes to rap shows. For the Migos show we just did, we originally had a venue that could hold 7000 people and we were pretty confident we could sell it out, but the venue found out that the Migos had a shooting at one of their concert in Vegas recently or something and was like :whoa:

They cancelled our booking, we had to scramble and get a new venue, the new venue was a public city-owned venue so they were on some stiff shyt too, but luckily the little white boy we fukk with in that town had a plug to another white boy, whose mom was in charge of that venue. :lawd: She was mad cool, we assured her that we were gonna pay for enough police presence and we were going for a college kid market not a market that will bring shooters. After the show, she was damn near gonna suck me and my bro dikks because she was so impressed with how we handled the shyt.

There are so many local jokers that fukk up the rep of hiphop shows, venues are scared to book them because they associate them with violence, chaos, and unprofessionalism. nikkas be getting starstruck in the midst of these rappers not checking them and making sure the keep it professional, they be chasing hoes during the shows when they supposed to be keeping people from getting backstage, not respecting the rules of the venue.

nikka I've been around these rapper since age 19, I'm 24 now, I damn near hate rappers. I have little tolerance for the bullshyt and I'm not a square nikka. Most these rappers will respect you if they know they can't punk you, they be punking these cacs and peons. Once they realize they aren't dealing with a hoe nikka or a male bop they or their managers will usually switch their whole tone. And the cacs that run these venues will fall in love with you because you bring them that rap money they lowkey want without the bullshyt that comes with it. I'm not saying that you gotta be a street nikka, but just remember that these rappers are entertainers, not the guys that they rap about. But, it doesn't hurt to be able to bring out nikkas that are gonna handle shyt in a worst case scenario. Hell, if you aren't from that cloth, hire an big ass off duty cop to act as your personal security and they'll calm down quick.

Speaking of cops, fukk the police, BUT THE POLICE ARE YOUR BIGGEST FRIENDS IN THIS BUSINESS. If you know that you might bring out a rowdy crowd do not skimp on paying for police presence. They love events like this because they be getting like 100+ an hour to secure these shows, we spent around 11-12k to have 20 off-duty cops to work for 6 hours. But it was worth it, they being taking orders like soldiers because they want you to call them again for your next show and they can make that easy money again. The whole dynamic changes when you're cutting their check. Treat them with respect and they'll usually reciprocate it.

I swear this shyt isn't that hard, nikkas just be holding the game for themselves on some greedy shyt like everybody can't eat off this shyt. A lot of the simple stuff I'm telling nikkas on here, nikkas would hold on to for dear life. Then again it's so easy to make money in it, they want to keep it from becoming common knowledge.

The show we just did was actually supposed to make me like 135-165k initially, but the venue switch fukked that up a bit, and to make things worst the cops and management started to get :mjpls: :whoa: when so many people showed up for a hip-hop show, we were supposed to be allowed to bring out 5500 people and they capped us at 4000. That was a disappointment. Then the show almost got shut down because too many local ass bops (male and female) were on the stage. Once the cops told me they were gonna shut it down if the stage didn't clear, I damn near started throwing nikkas off stage like Uncle Phil. That would have been a total disaster and a complete loss on my investment.

How do I get down dad?
:feedme:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I appreciate your hustle, but as a lawyer, I'll say I hope you have an umbrella policy and you're doing the show under an LLC. shyt go bad and you're going to be in a lawsuit like :mjcry:

most venues wont let you do concerts/big parties without at minimum million dollar insurance policy. Costs like $500+ for the night. If he gets that, he wont be liable for anything

OH SOHH TRILL

Trill OG
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Screwston
most venues wont let you do concerts/big parties without at minimum million dollar insurance policy. Costs like $500+ for the night. If he gets that, he wont be liable for anything

He'll be liable for everything over the 1mm. 1mm in coverage ain't shyt in a lawsuit.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I Have multiple sources of income, cleared 400k+ last year, what I'm currently focusing on getting this engineering degree and concert promotions with all the entertainment connections I have.

Just did a Migos concert in a flyover state, cleared a cool 97k, but it was a learning experience because shyt almost fukked up (fukking rap shows :francis:)
312z4as.jpg

My goal last year was a million, but shyt got sidetracked, really trying to hit atleast 750k this year though, and it seems like the stars are falling into place.

Brehs in smaller markets, y'all should look into starting investment groups for concert booking and promotions. Places like LA, NYC, Chicago, Houston are usually sewn up to the point nobody else can get in. But all those flyover states and smaller markets are licks if you know the market and recruit/build up a good promotion team.

I've seen cac doctors and lawyers that have never listened to a rap song in their lives making big money off rap shows, because their sons or nephew came to them with the business plan and proof it could work.
:wow: @88m3 you got competition.

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I work at the railroad. College dropout after 1 year...only graduated from hs. I have my license to drive trains but I got it from the company training classes. Made 135 last year. Its work, I dont reallly have weekends or holidays off like the educated hustlers but 135 at 26 isnt to bad

How did you get into the railroads?

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
I Have multiple sources of income, cleared 400k+ last year, what I'm currently focusing on getting this engineering degree and concert promotions with all the entertainment connections I have.

Just did a Migos concert in a flyover state, cleared a cool 97k, but it was a learning experience because shyt almost fukked up (fukking rap shows :francis:)
312z4as.jpg

My goal last year was a million, but shyt got sidetracked, really trying to hit atleast 750k this year though, and it seems like the stars are falling into place.

Brehs in smaller markets, y'all should look into starting investment groups for concert booking and promotions. Places like LA, NYC, Chicago, Houston are usually sewn up to the point nobody else can get in. But all those flyover states and smaller markets are licks if you know the market and recruit/build up a good promotion team.

I've seen cac doctors and lawyers that have never listened to a rap song in their lives making big money off rap shows, because their sons or nephew came to them with the business plan and proof it could work.

#goals :banderas:

live that lifestyle breh :wow::wow::wow:

I live in Michigan and been thinking about doing stuff like this. There are college campuses all around here with white kids that have DEEP pockets. If I could finesse my way into that market :banderas: Lowkey in so many markets the rust belt is a lick waiting to get hit:whew:

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
#goals :banderas:

live that lifestyle breh :wow::wow::wow:

I live in Michigan and been thinking about doing stuff like this. There are college campuses all around here with white kids that have DEEP pockets. If I could finesse my way into that market :banderas: Lowkey in so many markets the rust belt is a lick waiting to get hit:whew:

Lol Michigan the next big market we looking at, we might end up business partners or in competition :russ:

Go get that bag breh lol

You ain't lying about the white college crowd, that's why we excited about it.

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
Lol Michigan the next big market we looking at, we might end up business partners or in competition :russ:

Go get that bag breh lol

You ain't lying about the white college crowd, that's why we excited about it.

Ha, won't be anytime soon though cuz I just dropped out of college so my finances lookin like shyt :mjlol:

I got a friend that I go way back with that's a year away from graduating as an engineer. Once I get my life back in line and we both have some money to burn we're definitely going down that entrepreneur path. We're always talking about ways to get more money cuz neither of us wants to be working when we're 40:pachaha:

You dropped so many gems in this thread. I hope you keep doing well breh:salute:

Gonzo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
USA
$35k - call center manager :mjcry:

on the bright side- its in ATL, so i work with mostly fine, thick azz women, and my $35k gets me a lot of house, nice car, and decent spending money that I definitely wouldnt have in most other major cities :manny:

A lot of house? Where at? A lot of house will cost you like 300 in Atlanta brehs