Daps
i own 3 companies. Ima invest in stocks soon. I own a label, three websites and I run two clubs in houston. Once i make a mill, ima rebuild africa
:comeon:

you going to rebuild the ENTIRE CONTINENT of Africa- 1) You assuming evry country needs "renovation" as if theres no civilized places there :martin:

2) You really think $1 mil will cover the costs? You realize Africas not one country right? :hubie:

PS- Stop lying nikka why would you own 2 labels??:dahell: Do you even have 2 artists? :comeon:

JBone4eva

All Star
Supporter
Daps
To my coli 1 percenters:
if you're gettin 6 figures or more, what is your career or what do you do to generate income?
whats your education level?
How many certs do you got outside of a diploma?

If u close to 6 figures but not quite there, whats your next move to get over the hill?

Speak on it :dame:

Pathologists' Assistant. Travel the country performing autopsies, and do surgical pathology for hospitals and pathology groups.
Masters degree.
ASCP Certification

I'm still looking for side hustles/investments to get involved in, 6 figures in the bay area isn't what its crack up to be. :francis:

Cool thread brehs :salute:

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
As far as roadblocks, man, major cities be sewn the hell up.

I'm from Houston and it's damn near impossible to book most popular rap artist if you aren't this Jewish couple that owns a company called Scoremore, or Rap-A-lot affiliated.

Dudes like Chance, Big Sean, Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole, Wiz don't book with anybody who isn't Scoremore.

Dudes like Drake, Meek Mill, Kevin Gates, Migos don't book anything in Houston that isn't sanctioned by Rap-A-lot.

So me and partner had to start going on the road to places like Arizona, Michigan, Ohio to find these markets that really got a lot of fans but people forget they exist.

Also, a lot of venues are  :mjpls: when it comes to rap shows. For the Migos show we just did, we originally had a venue that could hold 7000 people and we were pretty confident we could sell it out, but the venue found out that the Migos had a shooting at one of their concert in Vegas recently or something and was like :whoa:

They cancelled our booking, we had to scramble and get a new venue, the new venue was a public city-owned venue so they were on some stiff shyt too, but luckily the little white boy we fukk with in that town had a plug to another white boy, whose mom was in charge of that venue. :lawd: She was mad cool, we assured her that we were gonna pay for enough police presence and we were going for a college kid market not a market that will bring shooters. After the show, she was damn near gonna suck me and my bro dikks because she was so impressed with how we handled the shyt.

There are so many local jokers that fukk up the rep of hiphop shows, venues are scared to book them because they associate them with violence, chaos, and unprofessionalism. nikkas be getting starstruck in the midst of these rappers not checking them and making sure the keep it professional, they be chasing hoes during the shows when they supposed to be keeping people from getting backstage, not respecting the rules of the venue.

nikka I've been around these rapper since age 19, I'm 24 now, I damn near hate rappers. I have little tolerance for the bullshyt and I'm not a square nikka. Most these rappers will respect you if they know they can't punk you, they be punking these cacs and peons. Once they realize they aren't dealing with a hoe nikka or a male bop they or their managers will usually switch their whole tone. And the cacs that run these venues will fall in love with you because you bring them that rap money they lowkey want without the bullshyt that comes with it. I'm not saying that you gotta be a street nikka, but just remember that these rappers are entertainers, not the guys that they rap about. But, it doesn't hurt to be able to bring out nikkas that are gonna handle shyt in a worst case scenario. Hell, if you aren't from that cloth, hire an big ass off duty cop to act as your personal security and they'll calm down quick.

Speaking of cops, fukk the police, BUT THE POLICE ARE YOUR BIGGEST FRIENDS IN THIS BUSINESS. If you know that you might bring out a rowdy crowd do not skimp on paying for police presence. They love events like this because they be getting like 100+ an hour to secure these shows, we spent around 11-12k to have 20 off-duty cops to work for 6 hours. But it was worth it, they being taking orders like soldiers because they want you to call them again for your next show and they can make that easy money again. The whole dynamic changes when you're cutting their check. Treat them with respect and they'll usually reciprocate it.

I swear this shyt isn't that hard, nikkas just be holding the game for themselves on some greedy shyt like everybody can't eat off this shyt. A lot of the simple stuff I'm telling nikkas on here, nikkas would hold on to for dear life. Then again it's so easy to make money in it, they want to keep it from becoming common knowledge.

The show we just did was actually supposed to make me like 135-165k initially, but the venue switch fukked that up a bit, and to make things worst the cops and management started to get :mjpls: :whoa: when so many people showed up for a hip-hop show, we were supposed to be allowed to bring out 5500 people and they capped us at 4000. That was a disappointment. Then the show almost got shut down because too many local ass bops (male and female) were on the stage. Once the cops told me they were gonna shut it down if the stage didn't clear, I damn near started throwing nikkas off stage like Uncle Phil. That would have been a total disaster and a complete loss on my investment.

man thats a funny and insightful story. i can why your succesful. youve encountered challanges and was quick to absolve them. good shyt breh. i wish i was that motivated at your age.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Once I became autonomous and didn't need a manager at all, is when I started to progress further.
Low key a very important step to getting paid...i report directly to the director of operations in the company...she's forever saying these days that she doesn't know what to do without me because I absorbed a lot of she used to do with increased efficiency...so she lets me do what i think is right (barring something that may require her authorization)..so no micromanaging for me

xd21

Sohh Icey
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sohh icey
:comeon:

you going to rebuild the ENTIRE CONTINENT of Africa- 1) You assuming evry country needs "renovation" as if theres no civilized places there :martin:

2) You really think $1 mil will cover the costs? You realize Africas not one country right? :hubie:

PS- Stop lying nikka why would you own 2 labels??:dahell: Do you even have 2 artists? :comeon:
my fam stays in fogo, cape verde. I own los promotions. I own the name "Ballin los" and another company that I started when I was 13.
Virtualpetlist.com » Virtual Pets Forum - Virtualpetlist

I'm also backed by three labels, strict bizz, thug mafia and MILEHIGHMONEYENT

Bruce "Grim" Rhodes - Wikipedia is my producer and big bro
Bruce Isaac Rhodes (born November 29, 1971), better known as Bruce "Grim" Rhodes, is an American record producer, mixing engineer, and entrepreneur. He has produced albums for and overseen the careers of many Southern rappers. His contribution to rap dates back to DJ-ing on the legendary southern rappers 8Ball & MJG's debut album Comin' Out Hard, and the debut of Scarface.[1] He produced "Wanna Be A Baller" and the entire Sittin' Fat Down South album for Lil' Troy.[2] Grim has been the sound behind the underground south. He is credited as a key figure in the popularization of Third Coast (Gulf Coast) rap music, producing for artists like C-Note and the Botany Boyz,[3] Mass 187, Willie D, Yungstar, Fat Pat, Lil' Keke, and Big Hawk. Along with DJ Screw, he set the tone for Houston's underground rap music scene during the 1990s. He is ranked as one of the top selling producers in the South, having sales of over 1.9 million albums.[4]
:wow:

:yeshrug::yeshrug:

virtualpetlist.com was registered earlier 1 decade 2 years now having #118,632 alexa rank in the world. It is a domain having .com extension. This site has a Google PageRank of 3/10. It's estimated worth is $ 57,600.00 and daily income is around $ 96.00. As no active threats were reported recently, virtualpetlist.com is SAFE to browse.
:ohhh::ohhh:stop putting on a front sucker.
Interview with Carlos Andrade

I've been doing this shyt:stopitslime:
carlos andrade jr - Cpvr | LinkedIn
I'm an seo expert, content manager, content marketer and a certified savage. wtf you doing youngin?:mjlol:

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
If you looking to move. There is a SA role open right now 60-63 per hour
Move as in relocate, or as in move from my company? I'm definitely trying to move on from this company, so shoot me the details if you can. I'll happily be a systems analyst for 60+ per hour.

much appreciated

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
Can you go into detail about how you got into insurance? I don't really imagine someone going to school to work in insurance. Is your degree in business? When you say commercial I assume you sale to companies.

I'm ignorant of the insurance game. I had a school mate and a boss who were Aflac agents and talked about how they made their own hours. So I've always assumed that insurance involved you having a lead list and cold calling people all day. You have to pass tests to sell insurance right?

Stumbled into it actually. My BA is in Spanish so I could take that anywhere. The vast majority of people in the industry do stumble into it as well because there aren't that many universities that offer programs.

It is a sales job so you'll have to be careful with the cold calling aspect. Business insurance is different because there isn't a lot of automation like there is with personal cars and homes. Businesses are far too complex for that.

You would have to pass a licensing exam to sell it and it's highly regulated within the states you operate in. Sounds daunting but it's really not. Spend a lot of time going to network events, trade associations, chambers of commerce, etc. 90% of what I do is talking to and getting to know people.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
It is worth it if you want to change careers. If you can go back to school and study it, great. If not, take the CSCP it only requires a bachelor's or three years related experience and some tests. That will look awesome on your resume. Also, depending on where you are, start to go to the local chapter meetings of APICS or ISM or CSCMP to network. They have test prep classes too.

I'm in NYC. I remember the information dive I did said the Southwest US is where the most job growth is. Thanks for the information though, I'm definitely going to make use of it.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Created a promotion company
"rent out" nightclubs/venues (reputation for past few years carried me where I dont need to do deposits, my name alone is good enough deposit :hubie:at this point in time, most club owners contact me and not the other way around :hubie: still have to hit a bar minimum :manny: )
pay for everything from artists/talent, advertising, promoters/hosts, DJs, flyers, door girl, door guy to watch door girl and my money :birdman: , only thing I dont pay for is security/bartenders/bottle girls (even though I do help hire them) but new deals structured for new parties will involve splitting all costs with clubs down the middle including their staffing and alcohol costs and they get 50% of my door but I get 50% of their bar :hubie: them paychecks then will be ridiculous :hubie:

right now I collect 100% door and 15-25% of the bar depending on venue :hubie: ill let you do your calculations on a 500-600 person party @ average $30 a person entry (half in free via VIP/guestlist) and 25k bar, average budget $3500 currently so minus that from whatever number you get :hubie:

minimum 1 party per week, but looking to add another party during the week which will be the new deal mentioned above :hubie:

education:
high school: graduated with a 1.28 GPA
college: 2 associates (general education and computer science)
certs: 0
tumblr_ob6pmgJUzR1r94h9do1_400.gif

When my ratchet friends get enough bread, I'll get in touch with you so we can do it up.
Dem nikkaz gotta get it together though :francis:

Daps
You must not have read the last part of the OP.

He asked for dudes that aren't just quite there, what's your plan to get to six figs. That's the question I addressed.

also some people like me just wanted to chip in their 2 cents without all the flexing :manny: