All the guilt-trip marketing for “a wrinkle in time” failed

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
why do people aspire to be stuck up bourgeoisie a$$holes

she takes more photos and does more photo shoots than actresses and actors...she's even got her own doll.

ava_duvernay_and_barbie.jpg

very rare for a director to be this vain and out in front of the camera

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
My takeaway from the trailer was first...wtf is this shyt, and Mindy gained way too much wait...also I wonder if she got some tail back there...:mjlol:

Other than that, the movie look trash :francis:

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
both her parents are AA but yeah the main plot is totally unrelatable and it got little promotion unlike BP. I hope miss Ava can bounce back from this.

You're right. I knew BP was coming out months ago.

I think i saw one promo for WIT on tv and now its out. Im thinking it was still being filmed until i saw the reviews

:francis:

Code

Banned
Daps
If a Wench in Time fails, this gives motivation for production companies to NOT support black female directors in future events. Notice that Disney is featuring both BP and Wench in Time back to back? They will always throw this movie as a litmus test to say “see, negroes won’t support this movie even though it’s made by one of your own” while ignoring the success of BP.

Should’ve had an all black family instead of half-Assing it and maybe your target audience would’ve support it more :manny:

They can't ignore it because unlike other Black movies, BP could end up in the top 5 biggest movies OF ALL TIME

basedlawd

Banned
Daps
It's really not that wild or as odd as the marketing and political associations for the movie have been, it's a sci-fi story made for children. It actually has some really solid themes around the idea of good and evil and conformity.

It's a book from the 60s which honestly has all-white protagonists, this bedwench aspect that people here associate it with is strictly because of the movie.