All the guilt-trip marketing for “a wrinkle in time” failed

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
just from reading the synopsis seems like it's geared toward kids, maybe young adults. that alone would make it smaller. if you're an adult with no kids, or a teen who DGAF about kids movies anymore, why would you see it? those comic movies do numbers because they're simple to digest (tho black panther had some levity) and appeal to all ages - most people want to/don't mind seeing a fight and explosions on the big screen.

There should be a far bigger space for black directed sci fi/fantasy films, i dont think this will be the one to get people to finally notice it, but seeing a story about how a child started a gofundme to a thousand black girls to see it seems kind of forced.

Most children, given the opportunity would probably want to see Black Panther instead of this.

lotteryplaya

Winning a big lottery jackpot is my dream.
Daps
nobody wanna see that bedwench wonderland bullshyt.
:deadmanny:
:deadrose:
:dead:

Me either. :manny: And the lead isn’t black. Neither is the actress playing the mother. Just saying...
Facts dot com
Truth dot com
Bedwenches getting promoted by feminists has nothing to do with Black Panther and they were delusional and conceited to think proud African Americans would fall for the okey doke and show up in big numbers for this bullshyt movie. Oprah and her ego assumed she could put our butts in the seat. Even the white movie critics complained about how hard they forced agendas into this movie.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Tried to read this book when I was younger and couldn't get into it. This movie seemed mainly concerned with throwing star power in your face instead of telling the story (based off the commercials)

Also not interested in seeing another interracial/swirler fantasy. I have no problem with interracial relationships/ "swirling" in real life at all, but the way the media portrays it and tries to ram it down our throats is really unappealing

Rack4K

Banned
Daps
Reppin
BK
I don’t know the first thing about the content of the movie but At the end of the day a black director was given a big budget to lead an ambitious project. Off GP it should be supported because black people winning today can open opportunities for tomorrow.

This movie isn’t Black Panther but if she fails with this project, she’s not gonna have the opportunity to make her own Black Panther in the future if she wanted to. Support her black ass.:yeshrug:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
There should be a far bigger space for black directed sci fi/fantasy films, i dont think this will be the one to get people to finally notice it, but seeing a story about how a child started a gofundme to a thousand black girls to see it seems kind of forced.

Most children, given the opportunity would probably want to see Black Panther instead of this.
Ehh, I'm not into the fundraisers to see movies period. Some breh, did the same to take kids to see black panther. Both get the :ld: from me, but being that the breh got lauded for doing it then she gets a pass too.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love