All the guilt-trip marketing for “a wrinkle in time” failed

Beck.er.

All Star
Daps
“WRINKLE” IS BEING DISMISSED AS NOT AS RELEVANT OR IMPORTANT AS ONE THAT IS BEING MARKETED TO THE MASCULINE CINEMATIC GAZE.
:weirdo:
It's a kids movie.
Based on a 1960s kids' book.
Starring little kids. Boring hobbits.

There's no equivalence here before even touching content.

I wish Ava Duvernay nothing but success, I've supported other projects...
I'm not paying money to sit in a theater full of rugrats and watch a children's movie for hours on end.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I read this book and all the other books in the series when I was young. I was really into those books heavy, but honestly I don't care about the movie and I'm pretty meh on the characters being black.

What would have been nice if someone brought to the big screen sci fi/supernatural youth literature that actually had black characters to begin with like Virginia Hamiltons books.
Yeah I read the series as a kid too, it was dope

I doubt the movie will do it justice though. It doesn't even look appealing

I DEFINITELY will be seeing Pacific Rim 2 though

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
She had the opportunity to direct Black Panther. Her ego fukked up that opportunity. She thought she was bigger than Marvel Studios.

"DuVernay went on to say that the work her name is attached to is important to her and if she needed to compromise too much, a movie wouldn’t “be an Ava DuVernay film.” "

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/why-ava-duvernay-isnt-directing-black-panther/amp/

Well from the looks of the trailer looks like we collectively dodged a bullet :whew:

This is my first time hearing about this movie, I'm in Europe but I'm at the movies every other week...BP was being talked about months ago. Obviously a kid's movie tho.

Looks like trash tbh, and post-BP I doubt people want to see this...:manny:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you find Ava duvernay attractive?

951.gif

She fine yo

Benefited

Banned
Daps
From the trailers and everything I've read about it, it looked like a whole lotta:mjpls: and:smugfavre:nobody wanna see that bedwench wonderland bullshyt.

Thank you very much,thats what I noticed too.

But besides that why didnt she just make this movie for white people,in order to have the most success possible.She knows black people ain't trying to see a Wrinkle In Time by the droves:mjlol:

If you know you want to push a heavy black cast,make sure its something black people would want to see. If its not,cast accordingly for the demographic who will want to see it.

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Ain't this shyt about a black girl trying to find her white father? What the hell kinda nikka wanna sit up and watch some bullshyt like that:dahell:we get enough of that bullshyt from watching Clorox and tide commercials.
Exactly. I know damn well they didn't expect brothas to run out and see this.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’

"The movie’s main character, Meg Murray, is described in the novel as a redheaded girl, but DuVernay cast African-American actress Storm Reid. DuVernay’s Meg is supposed to be biracial, with a white father (played by “Star Trek” actor Chris Pine) and a black mother (played by “Black Mirror" actress Gugu Mbatha-Raw).

DuVernay, who directed the civil rights film "Selma," told the New York Times she selected Australian actor Levi Miller to play Meg’s friend “because that was so powerful, to show a white boy following a black girl” throughout the movie.

It doesn’t help that “A Wrinkle in Time” must compete with “Black Panther,” which in addition to being acclaimed for featuring an overwhelmingly black cast has also gotten stellar reviews just for being a great movie."