All Miss Universe Nigeria contestants promoting skin whitening product, most brehs either wanna pawg or lite brite these days, we losing to cacs

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
Phenotype is a term that refers to an organism's observable physical properties, including its appearance, development, and behavior. Skin color is one example of a phenotype

Who said that? Not me. I was responding to your rather simplistic understanding of historical mating trends amongst our people.

Here, let's do it like this. Both my grandfather and my brother, VERY light bm, married the darkest women they could find. Is that colorism? :lupe:

Already addressed. White supremacy infects the planet, WE been up under them the whole time, and yet, for some reason, we dont bleach. As shown by our traditional mating patterns, aside from a few pockets of weirdos, we don't value ls enough to actively cultivate it generation after generation.

Pretty women are always valued.
My anecdotal evidence aligns with this. My mother is on the very light side, my father was very dark, my step-father was also very dark. My grandmother was on the very dark side, my grandfather is very light, my step-grandfather is very light. My wife and I are somewhat an anomaly, since we are both the same complexion.

This is not to say colorism does not exist, but it does not always follow some predetermined light is right path in the Black American community. Though light-skinned girls do receive unwarranted bonus points in looks from some brothers I knew, I also knew just as many brothers who believed in the "Blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice" ideology too.

I personally have no preference in skin-tone. I would ask out sisters from all across the spectrum. From high yellow to deep dark brown. How fine she is has nothing to do with her skin-tone for me.