All Miss Universe Nigeria contestants promoting skin whitening product, most brehs either wanna pawg or lite brite these days, we losing to cacs

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
That's not the same at all. Wanting to correct hyperpigmentation is not the same as wanting to go a few shades whiter.

Bleaching, whitening and 'correcting hyperpigmentation' are all different forms of products aimed at reducing melanin, some are less chemically abrasive than others but it's all the same thing.

timeless

All Star
Daps
Bleaching, whitening and 'correcting hyperpigmentation' are all different forms of products aimed at reducing melanin, some are less chemically abrasive than others but it's all the same thing.

Not at all. People focusing on correcting pigmentation are evening out their tone due to excess melanin, not trying to reduce all their melanin. You're still going to have the same skin color at the end of the day, just more even.

ShadowBroker

Born of the Night
Daps
Reppin
KIC 8462852
:mjlol: I had a Ghanaian friend tell me the same. "You can never trust a Nigerian"

They have a really bad reputation. I’m not even entirely sure why but my dad was born in 1948 in Ghana and he hated them and my grandfather hated them and this was before Nigeria was even a country. So they(being general here) must've been doing some horrible shyt to surrounding tribes, that’s all I can think.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Not at all. People focusing on correcting pigmentation are evening out their tone due to excess melanin, not trying to reduce all their melanin. You're still going to have the same skin color at the end of the day, just more even.

There is no such thing as 'evening' excess melanin, the chemicals can't tell the difference between hyperpigmentation from scarring and your natural melanin. Even people who use these creams for hyperpigmentation are also noticeably lighter (Charlemagne for example) in the affected area. It's just politically correct skin bleaching with a built in excuse. You can't treat scarring or hyperpigmentation in our skin without lightning.