All Miss Universe Nigeria contestants promoting skin whitening product, most brehs either wanna pawg or lite brite these days, we losing to cacs

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:francis:

it does say that they received considerable backlash tough. still, the fact that they even had the audacity to do this speaks to how normalized this hateful (yes, it is hateful to bleach your skin) practice is

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Lil Kim and Serena are the blueprint.
:patrice:

Kartel even dedicated a track to that Koon movement..

:jbhmm: Why is the reddit thread in OP about Nigerians, but OP's title and certain post trynna extrapolate this onto everybody? Noooooo. We not doing that. Wasn't nobody extrapolating about Nigerians being so fukking smart. Let's drill down on their dysfunction for a moment.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Ppl want to say colorism isn’t real and ppl are being sensitive, etc.

People REALLY DO get treated differently by our own race because of skin color.

I will admit, this shyt seems to be OD overseas because I can’t imagine ppl actually promoting skin bleaching products over here…but the fact remains, this shyt is an extreme reaction to something ppl experience in their everyday lives.

I remember when I was kicking it with some of my Nigerian girls they were talking about some guys who would like me because they prefer American looking girls— like brown skin girls/someone a little lighter (someone on here said the Porsha Williams aesthetic/complexion).

This shyt is so pervasive. And as someone noted, it happens in other cultures and countries—like Japan— as well.

Busted_Toes

Veteran
Daps
Ppl want to say colorism isn’t real and ppl are being sensitive, etc.

People REALLY DO get treated differently by our own race because of skin color.

I will admit, this shyt seems to be OD overseas because I can’t imagine ppl actually promoting skin bleaching products over here…but the fact remains, this shyt is an extreme reaction to something ppl experience in their everyday lives.

I remember when I was kicking it with some of my Nigerian girls they were talking about some guys who would like me because they prefer American looking girls— like brown skin girls/someone a little lighter (someone on here said the Porsha Williams aesthetic/complexion).

This shyt is so pervasive. And as someone noted, it happens in other cultures and countries—like Japan— as well.
Black American men or Nigerian men?

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Black American men or Nigerian men?
Nigerian men.

For Black American men it’s about the actual light skinned girls.

For Black men in other cultures it’s about Brown skin (I.e. their version of “light skinned” girls).

The African women you see who bleach aren’t necessarily trying to get to Rihanna’s complexion or something lol

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

:jbhmm: Why is the reddit thread in OP about Nigerians, but OP's title and certain post trynna extrapolate this onto everybody? Noooooo. We not doing that. Wasn't nobody extrapolating about Nigerians being so fukking smart. Let's drill down on their dysfunction for a moment.

They're brainiacs for the most part..but too clever for their own good or everyone elses..

A Nigerian friend I was close with told me Id meet throughout life all sorts of Nigerians, from professors to scientists and hustlers..and not to believe a single word any of them say if I know whats good for me.

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
My Wife be watchin those SA reality shows on Netflix. First time I saw it, I asked, “why does their skin look like that?” I went from disbelief, to disgust, to shame, to outright laughter. Next generation going to see this and follow. Lil Kim and Serena are the blueprint.
:picard:
:scust:
:snoop:
:mjlol:
Here in Japan, they have skin whitening spas. That’s our future.
:what:

My girl was watching a Korean reality dating show and the guys were enamored by paleness

Mind you this is coming from motherfukkers who are already white as cacs

Guys were basically fighting over a woman that looked like she was on her last pint of blood

So yeah, definitely not an only African thing, it's also pretty common in India

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline

The colorism applies to us, not the skin bleaching

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
SMH, They Parents need they ass beat...

Everybody sitting there cheesin looking STUPID!

Skim lightening has NEVER looked Good..they think they gonna look like Beyonce but they look Like Dark skinned women who are ILL.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
The colorism applies to us, not the skin bleaching
Choosing a mate from within the normal range of phenotypes for your ethnicity is not colorism.

We have always sorted this way, lightskins with darkskins, both ways. Imo, that's how so many of us ended up that same medium brown Porsha aesthetic @Gloxina mentioned. You can see the trendline throughout your own family tree, I'm sure.

So, no. Like that voting thread from yesterday, ADOS once gain have to pushback against the bs. Compared to everybody else, we overcome a deficit with flying colors but are still shamed. No. Let's group all the bleachers together and discuss them.

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
This is sad this ladies genuinely think being white makes them prettier, its why alot of them crave white validation

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
A Nigerian friend I was close with told me Id meet throughout life all sorts of Nigerians, from professors to scientists and hustlers..and not to believe a single word any of them say if I know whats good for me.
:mjlol: I had a Ghanaian friend tell me the same. "You can never trust a Nigerian"

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
"which continuously whitens the skin and combats melanin" :wow: