All Miss Universe Nigeria contestants promoting skin whitening product, most brehs either wanna pawg or lite brite these days, we losing to cacs

V Skyye

All Star
Daps
There is no such thing as 'evening' excess melanin, the chemicals can't tell the difference between hyperpigmentation from scarring and your natural melanin. Even people who use these creams for hyperpigmentation are also noticeably lighter (Charlemagne for example) in the affected area. It's just politically correct skin bleaching with a built in excuse. You can't treat scarring or hyperpigmentation in our skin without lightning.
Charlamagne is still a brown/darker skinned Black man. He just no longer has hyperpigmentation. He used the process as intended instead of using it to become as light as possible as the people in Nigeria and other places do.

timeless

All Star
Daps
There is no such thing as 'evening' excess melanin, the chemicals can't tell the difference between hyperpigmentation from scarring and your natural melanin. Even people who use these creams for hyperpigmentation are also noticeably lighter (Charlemagne for example) in the affected area. It's just politically correct skin bleaching with a built in excuse. You can't treat scarring or hyperpigmentation in our skin without lightning.

That's the whole point of hyperpigmentation products. To reduce excess melanin for people who have it. It's not made to lighten your skin as a whole, it's made to reduce the spots that are affected. Idk anything about CTG and his skin issues, but my mother used products for hyperpigmentation and her skin is the same ruddy brown it's always been. The only difference is the skin is now even rather than spotty.

People using bleach creams are deliberately trying to change their entire skin tone rather than people who are trying to correct a skin issue by bringing the darker spots into correct pigment with the rest of their skin.

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
Choosing a mate from within the normal range of phenotypes for your ethnicity is not colorism.

We have always sorted this way, lightskins with darkskins, both ways. Imo, that's how so many of us ended up that same medium brown Porsha aesthetic @Gloxina mentioned. You can see the trendline throughout your own family tree, I'm sure.

So, no. Like that voting thread from yesterday, ADOS once gain have to pushback against the bs. Compared to everybody else, we overcome a deficit with flying colors but are still shamed. No. Let's group all the bleachers together and discuss them.

Phenotypes is not skin color. Also since when did colorism stop existing black communities in America.

This problem is damn near a problem in all melanated communities.

You telling me light skin women are valued the same as dark skinned women all things the same?

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Phenotypes is not skin color
Phenotype is a term that refers to an organism's observable physical properties, including its appearance, development, and behavior. Skin color is one example of a phenotype

Also since when did colorism stop existing black communities in America.
Who said that? Not me. I was responding to your rather simplistic understanding of historical mating trends amongst our people.

Here, let's do it like this. Both my grandfather and my brother, VERY light bm, married the darkest women they could find. Is that colorism? :lupe:

This problem is damn near a problem in all melanated communities.
Already addressed. White supremacy infects the planet, WE been up under them the whole time, and yet, for some reason, we dont bleach. As shown by our traditional mating patterns, aside from a few pockets of weirdos, we don't value ls enough to actively cultivate it generation after generation.

You telling me light skin women are valued the same as dark skinned women all things the same?
Pretty women are always valued.

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
They have a really bad reputation. I’m not even entirely sure why but my dad was born in 1948 in Ghana and he hated them and my grandfather hated them and this was before Nigeria was even a country. So they(being general here) must've been doing some horrible shyt to surrounding tribes, that’s all I can think.
Ghana and Nigeria have a tumultuous history together. Back when I was a kid we used to call these big bags, "Ghana must go", it wasn't till I was an adult that I learned that those bags were called Ghana must go because Nigeria mass deported Ghanians back in the day. :francis:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
My Wife be watchin those SA reality shows on Netflix. First time I saw it, I asked, “why does their skin look like that?” I went from disbelief, to disgust, to shame, to outright laughter. Next generation going to see this and follow. Lil Kim and Serena are the blueprint.
:picard:
:scust:
:snoop:
:mjlol:
Here in Japan, they have skin whitening spas. That’s our future.
:what:
Asians are horrible with it. Especially Filipinos and Southeast Asians. We already know the caste system in India.

But those Jamaican and African videos are disgusting. Straight c00ns

The BasedFather

Task Force
Daps
Reppin
Bltch Mob
Combat melanin? :laff: Enjoy your cancer and looking like a vampire

Them fukked up crooked wigs too :dead:

Hell going on in Nigeria? Thought Africans knew themselves???

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
Phenotype is a term that refers to an organism's observable physical properties, including its appearance, development, and behavior. Skin color is one example of a phenotype

Who said that? Not me. I was responding to your rather simplistic understanding of historical mating trends amongst our people.

Here, let's do it like this. Both my grandfather and my brother, VERY light bm, married the darkest women they could find. Is that colorism? :lupe:

Already addressed. White supremacy infects the planet, WE been up under them the whole time, and yet, for some reason, we dont bleach. As shown by our traditional mating patterns, aside from a few pockets of weirdos, we don't value ls enough to actively cultivate it generation after generation.

Pretty women are always valued.

So colorism isn't an issue in black American society?

You basically dodged that question.

Your example wouldn't be colorism because colorism is preferring lighter tones

Are you light skinned?

Also, didn't say we bleached as in ADOS