All Jokes Aside: LeBron Ruined the NBA: Update Stephen A Agrees

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
what's happening with the Nets is an embarrassment to the NBA... the seeds were planted by LeBron in 2010... no need for competition, lets just join forces and win manufactured rings.
Which one of LeBron's rings was won without competition? :gucci:

He needed a legendary performance to beat the Celtics in 7 in 2012, needed a legendary performance to beat the Spurs in 7 in 2013, and needed a legendary performance to beat the Warriors in 7 in 2016. His rings were some of the most competitive of all time. Even the easiest ring in 2020 only came after people were laughing at the Lakers' roster in preseason and weren't calling them the favorites until the regular season was almost over.

Yup he put all this in motion. You can't compete in the modern NBA without a superteam.
So this wasn't put into motion when Wilt forced his way out of teams with multiple HOF teammates twice to join Elgin Baylor and Jerry West?

This wasn't put into motion when Big O went to join forces with Kareem?

This wasn't put into motion when Lakers and Celtics had two of the most stacked teams ever and only teams with 3+ HOFers could win anything in the 1980s?

This wasn't put into motion when 32yo HOFer Clyde Drexler joined up with one of the GOATs Hakeem and the defending champs to win another title, or when 33yo Barkley and 34yo Pippen tried to jump onto the team to pick up on that wave?

This wasn't put into motion when the Bulls added HOFer Dennis Rodman to a 3x champ Bulls team that already had the greatest player, greatest coach, and greatest #2 ever?

This wasn't put into motion when prime Shaq/Kobe/Phil who had damn near gone through the playoffs undefeated in 2001 then added 20ppg HOF scorers Payton and Malone in 2004?

This wasn't put into motion when HOFers KG, Pierce, and Ray Allen joined forces to win a title and play 5 seasons together as serious title contenders?

This wasn't put into motion when MVP-contender Kevin Durant joined a Warriors team that had just set the record with 73 wins and proceeded to win back-to-back titles without ever needing Durant to play out of this world to win a series?

Nah....the fact that LeBron wanted to leave a shytty-ass Cavs team that couldn't put jack shyt around him to win is what set this in motion. :mjlol:

They were such a superteam that won 1 title
Most of Bron's supposed "superteams" have only won one title and that doesn't stop y'all from saying the same shyt. :mjlol:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not the three scumtics that teamed up because they was too wack to do it on their own. McFail basically did Ainge a solid sending KG there but collusion between cac GMs that used to be teammates is aight tho huh? Yeah, let’s totally absolve them from all this shyt.....:skip:

The Boston Celtics wasn’t a real Big 3. They were just a better version of the Detroit Pistons. Kobe beat them and honestly he should’ve beat them twice. You’d be reaching to say any were top five players whereas Wade and Bron were.

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
The Boston Celtics wasn’t a Big 3. They were just a better version of the Detroit Pistons. Kobe beat them and honestly he should’ve beat them twice. You’d be teaching to say any were top five players whereas Wade and Bron were.
Revisionist history. Foh with this shyt.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
My team has no shot of winning.

I’m an NBA fan. I love basketball. I also don’t give a fukk if the Nets win (or another team wins).

:comeon: If the nets win you gonna be juelzing all summer

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
The Boston Celtics wasn’t a Big 3. They were just a better version of the Detroit Pistons. Kobe beat them and honestly he should’ve beat them twice. You’d be teaching to say any were top five players whereas Wade and Bron were.

If we would’ve got Pau before the season instead of midway I think we would’ve won. Phil and Kobe would’ve been able to plan it out all summer

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I never saw the Celtics as a super team in real time

The Heat are the first team that comes to mind when I see that term .
That term came a few years later prob created by the media or Bron haters.

The Celtics were marketed as a Big 3. Wasn’t shyt “super” about Miami. They were top heavy and had injuries throughout their runs. We saw good competition.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
No, I don’t give a fukk lol.

They should win.

And no winning doesn’t mean Durant is better than LeBron All-Time.

All of this is about minimizing LeBron’s legacy for y’all we know that.

And every post you make about the Dubs and Nets being the best teams ever what is that about :unimpressed:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Not the three scumtics that teamed up because they was too wack to do it on their own. McFail basically did Ainge a solid sending KG there but collusion between cac GMs that used to be teammates is aight tho huh? Yeah, let’s totally absolve them from all this shyt.....:skip:

Your repeated attacks of #CelticsGang is grounds for a neg on site

But since you my main nikka on the trigga...

9e7bedb213862988640682bc54825d70.gif

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Deep down fans don't want the players to have any control of their careers. They talk a lot of shyt about owners they don't like treating players like cattle but that's exactly what the fans want as well.

It's like imagine you were playing chess, you reading the board and see you about 2 moves away from using your queen to put the opponent in checkmate and win the game, but before you can do that the queen decides it doesn't want to go where you want it, it decides to go somewhere else. That's the feeling fans have, they feel as though the good players can just up and do what they want and their organization is never fully in control.