All Eyez On Me (Official Thread)

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
Tupac: Resurrection was a pretty thorough and comprehensive documentary on Pac.

I'll still probably watch this movie, which I assume will be watered down, but once you see a definitive documentary on someone, a Hollywood version of it loses interest to me.

Daps
Yo I don't know if I'm late here about this but has anyone mentioned Dr. Dre being played by a molester?

‘Single Ladies’ actor guilty of molestation in Gwinnett

The actor, who’s also been on “Single Ladies,” “CSI” and Tyler Perry’s “House of Payne,” was convicted Friday of violating a 15-year-old girl in Gwinnett County.

Moore, who had reportedly been playing Dr. Dre in a forthcoming Tupac Shakur biopic, is facing five to 20 years in prison. The jury returned its verdict after more than nine hours of deliberation, finding him guilty of sneaking into the girl’s bedroom and touching her early in the morning on Nov. 25, 2012.."

“The victim stated the defendant had touched her on previous occasions that made her uncomfortable by tickling her on parts of her body and adjusting her bra strap,” Mayfield said."

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Me and my boy were just talking about this flick. Is it just me or does it not feel like this drops next week? The marketing, at least from what I've seen, feels sparse to non existent, and they just started doing their press stuff today with interviews in Vibe and billboard and uproxx. And it just feels like they're tossing this joint out and hoping it can swim

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
Me and my boy were just talking about this flick. Is it just me or does it not feel like this drops next week? The marketing, at least from what I've seen, feels sparse to non existent, and they just started doing their press stuff today with interviews in Vibe and billboard and uproxx. And it just feels like they're tossing this joint out and hoping it can swim

Once John Singleton (Shaft 2000, Boyz In The Hood, Baby Boy, Higher Learning ect)
wasn't able to produce the film, it left a lot of things in limbo for this movie.

John still hopes to one day produced his own Tupac movie, Aefni gave him her blessing to do so.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Once John Singleton (Shaft 2000, Boyz In The Hood, Baby Boy, Higher Learning ect)
wasn't able to produce the film, it left a lot of things in limbo for this movie.

John still hopes to one day produced his own Tupac movie, Aefni gave him her blessing to do so.

Breh did you really just feel like you had to tell me what John Singleton directed? :russ: I'm a little insulted

But anyway the fact they shot it with no distribution means they had to shop it around and i feel like a studio just took it for the cheap

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I don't think there's much passion behind the project. Felt like it was just rushed into production to capitalize on the success of Straight Outta Compton.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't think there's much passion behind the project. Felt like it was just rushed into production to capitalize on the success of Straight Outta Compton.

The exact opposite tho. They've been trying to make this Pac movie for yeeeeeears. But the directors kept falling off one by one and benny boom wanted to do it so he stepped up. And he did it with no studio attached so it was purely a passion project.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The exact opposite tho. They've been trying to make this Pac movie for yeeeeeears. But the directors kept falling off one by one and benny boom wanted to do it so he stepped up. And he did it with no studio attached so it was purely a passion project.

Wait, this is THAT Tupac biopic??!! I thought this was some new shyt that was just being rushed out. Damn shame it took years to make some shyt that looks so weak.