"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

MrFirst2doit

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
one minor change I would've done editing-wise in that last ep....peep and give me your thoughts

so you have Marie and Skyler talking about Walt being in town...at this point we all know Walt is obstructed from the camera by the pillar...Marie tells her that the police are probably watching her too... at this point i would of cut to the school bus/cops scene where we see Walt looking at Flynn through the window... so the viewer thinks at this point that Walt was at least thinking about visiting them but probably got spooked by the cops....then i would of had the episode play out the same and at the end after the nazis are dead and walt nods to Jesse and he is walking around the lab dying...

at that point, I would of cut back to the behind skyler zoom in reveal of Walt behind the pillar..so then the viewer see's that he did in fact make it inside previously....that scene would of been so much more intense knowing Walt went out guns blazing...even when he says the cops will come to me.... so you know at that point that Walt is dead or dying in real-time....and is for sure last time he see's holly and skylar....Skylar even says "Flynn will be home soon" so even the dumbest viewer can figure out that Walt did see skylar... and we all know this was the most emotional scene of the whole finale...

.then you cue baby blue song & can do the zoom out of him dying to end the show....you also end the show with the most powerful scene also

same scenes just cut different

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
one minor change I would've done editing-wise in that last ep....peep and give me your thoughts

so you have Marie and Skyler talking about Walt being in town...at this point we all know Walt is obstructed from the camera by the pillar...Marie tells her that the police are probably watching her too... at this point i would of cut to the school bus/cops scene where we see Walt looking at Flynn through the window... so the viewer thinks at this point that Walt was at least thinking about visiting them but probably got spooked by the cops....then i would of had the episode play out the same and at the end after the nazis are dead and walt nods to Jesse and he is walking around the lab dying...

at that point, I would of cut back to the behind skyler zoom in reveal of Walt behind the pillar..so then the viewer see's that he did in fact make it inside previously....that scene would of been so much more intense knowing Walt went out guns blazing...even when he says the cops will come to me.... so you know at that point that Walt is dead or dying in real-time....and is for sure last time he see's holly and skylar....Skylar even says "Flynn will be home soon" so even the dumbest viewer can figure out that Walt did see skylar... and we all know this was the most emotional scene of the whole finale...

.then you cue baby blue song & can do the zoom out of him dying to end the show....you also end the show with the most powerful scene also

same scenes just cut different

I like that. That whole "5 minutes...." followed by the zoom out literally had me like :wow: :wow:

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
jSe2zcK.gif

kash10003

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i like the idea of walt dying in the car and the rest being just his dying imagination, or i like it being a possibility

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I did my share of WTF at the Lost ending. I still do. However, my beef isn't with the ending nor the theory behind it. It is with what was shown. Showing them in the special meeting place created by the most important time in their life was risky and daring as hell. It was definitely over my head at the time. Had he shown something, anything resolving questions dealing with the island, I would have shut up early.
The Breaking Bad hype train is in full effect with many bandwagon expansions. Lost accomplished classic television moments and people who don't know or have forgotten have some nerve to attempt and throw revisionist dirt on Lost. My chief complaint with Breaking Bad is that Walt has done terrible things many times over but received a sentimental send off in the eyes of the viewer. A "win" if you will. I am starting to dislike that more and more. It would have been better for Walt to "lose" not being able to do anything that he started out because he did it for himself. This ending is definitely for the fans especially with the hand holding throughout the last episode.

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater
Listening to a really good interview with a couple writers from the show on NPR Miami right now.

Apparently,

1. Tuco (Raymond Cruz) was supposed to have a larger role throughout season 2 as Walt's enemy, but due to Cruz being on another show he couldn't do any more episodes so they had to change their plans up.

2. Mike's character was created on a wimp because another actor was not available. Would've been a shame if he was never on the show.

3. They almost had the last scene of season 4 be the last scene of season 5A, where Hank finds the book. And they seriously played with the idea of Hank building evidence on Walt and going to the DEA first.

I'll post the link when they put it up.

edit: http://www.npr.org/2013/10/03/228813142/breaking-bad-writers-this-is-it-theres-no-more

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: hex

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
I did my share of WTF at the Lost ending. I still do. However, my beef isn't with the ending nor the theory behind it. It is with what was shown. Showing them in the special meeting place created by the most important time in their life was risky and daring as hell. It was definitely over my head at the time. Had he shown something, anything resolving questions dealing with the island, I would have shut up early.
The Breaking Bad hype train is in full effect with many bandwagon expansions. Lost accomplished classic television moments and people who don't know or have forgotten have some nerve to attempt and throw revisionist dirt on Lost. My chief complaint with Breaking Bad is that Walt has done terrible things many times over but received a sentimental send off in the eyes of the viewer. A "win" if you will. I am starting to dislike that more and more. It would have been better for Walt to "lose" not being able to do anything that he started out because he did it for himself. This ending is definitely for the fans especially with the hand holding throughout the last episode.
Lost fell off breh :whoa:

Lost was in my Top 2 with The Wire and it was holding down the spot heavy until that last season. it was just plain bad. that cgi submarine? :camby:

the ending being the shyt we joked around saying (purgatory) when we tried to guess the ending during the first season :camby:

Jack's hoe ass being a hero :camby:

its still my #3 :manny:

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everyone knows Lost fell off. He set a goal and mismanaged his time, goofed and fumbled the ball. However, it's a travesty to claim that Lost wasn't smashing television out of the gate and still had people's interest up until the last season. They didn't do a split final season with all the preparation time in the world to make sure that they were on their p's and q's. Falling off in the last season doesn't destroy 5 seasons of spectacular television.

Breaking Bad gave an ending that would appease the fans. The constant hand holding and on the nose direction is annoying. In no way was Hank and the Nazis a complete and competent baddy with the way it was handled in comparison to Gus. Gus' arc is leagues more interesting to the Hank/ Nazi one.

Also, the ending wasn't purgatory. And lest we forget a cancer ridden Walt turning into a combination of Sam Fisher and Solid Snake during the last episode. Like I said, it's easy to pile on to Lost because of its shortcomings but Breaking Bad has its share of "Cmon son" moments as well. This "good" ending is just one example.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Listening to a really good interview with a couple writers from the show on NPR Miami right now.

Apparently,

1. Tuco (Raymond Cruz) was supposed to have a larger role throughout season 2 as Walt's enemy, but due to Cruz being on another show he couldn't do any more episodes so they had to change their plans up.

2. Mike's character was created on a wimp because another actor was not available. Would've been a shame if he was never on the show.
3. They almost had the last scene of season 4 be the last scene of season 5A, where Hank finds the book. And they seriously played with the idea of Hank building evidence on Walt and going to the DEA first.

I'll post the link when they put it up.

wish they would've gone with that plan at Season 4, they could've built up the cat and mouse game between Walt and Hank more detailed

and Tuco needed to stay on the show longer the second episode of season 2 felt like a season finale