"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:snoop:People are so happy the ending wasn't terrible that they think that makes it :ohlawd:

:wtf:

Nobody thought the ending would be terrible so assuming people are :ohlawd: that it wasn't makes no sense.

The sheer hype from "To'hajiilee", "Ozymandias", and "Granite State" made the finale damn near impossible to meet expectations, and it still met them. I have a couple problems with the finale, but the over all vibe across the internet from fans/critics is :ohlawd:

Fred.

Yessir_Araphat

takin money>>gettin money
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
N/S Long Beach
damn, daps to all my coli/BrBa brehs. its been great rockin wit ya'll in this thread, and the past ones. ya'll made me look like a gotdamn genius the way i be droppin knowledge i read from here, actin like i came up with them :russ:

co-workers: :ohhh:
me: :smugfavre:

:salute: have an A-1 day ya'll!!!!!

LostOne

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wtf:

Nobody thought the ending would be terrible so assuming people are :ohlawd: that it wasn't makes no sense.

The sheer hype from "To'hajiilee", "Ozymandias", and "Granite State" made the finale damn near impossible to meet expectations, and it still met them. I have a couple problems with the finale, but the over all vibe across the internet from fans/critics is :ohlawd:

Fred.

Ofcourse nobody thought the ending would be terrible but it was definitely a worry that it might be.If Sopranos, Lost, Seinfeld etc could have bad endings its a reasonable fear. Gilligan himself couldn't sleep for fear of giving it a bad ending. What I'm saying is the standard of those shows has set the bar so low that a non terrible ending is considered:ohlawd:.
Hex I have never seen a post of yours saying anything negative about BB. You're :cape: the whole thread on your own. Please voice your criticism.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Ofcourse nobody thought the ending would be terrible but it was definitely a worry that it might be. If Sopranos, Lost, Seinfeld etc could have bad endings its a reasonable fear. Gilligan himself couldn't sleep for fear of giving it a bad ending. What I'm saying is the standard of those shows has set the bar so low that a non terrible ending is considered:ohlawd:.
Hex I have never seen a post of yours saying anything negative about BB. You're :cape: the whole thread on your own. Please voice your criticism.

I listed 6-7 plot holes in the "BB plot holes" thread. More than any other person.

As far as this episode, I had 2 problems. Which were :wtf: because changing two things could've erased them.

1. Walt traveling around town while a nation-wide manhunt is under way. Granted, in real life Chris Dorner hid 5 minutes from, and within sight of, the FBI command center that was set up to look for him. And nobody even thought to check that house because they assumed he'd left the state. Still....was kinda odd seeing Walt walking freely around, even if it is technically possible.

This could have been easily avoided if Carol, the neighbor, hadn't seen Walt in the first ep. No Carol = nobody even realizes Walt is back in New Mexico.

2. This is another minor problem, I thought it was kinda odd how Jack wanted to prove to Walt that Jesse wasn't partnered up with him. But this isn't the real problem....the real problem is the goon randomly keeping Walt's keys and wallet. Which set up him needing a random excuse to live a little longer, which ended up being "oh, let's go get Jesse". If they wanted Jesse in the same room as Walt, he could've bumped into him as he was going into the club house.

Goon doesn't keep keys = Walt can let the M60 go whenever. No need for Jack to prove anything to Walt.

These are just weird story choices that I don't really understand. Not bad or anything....just wish somebody would ask Vince Gilligan why he went that route in those scenes.

Fred.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
a9cx.png
i was just scrolling through the thread and saw this quoted and i knew it was gonna be classic before i even read it :deadrose:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I read the New Yorker article yesterday or the day before and really wish it were true that it was all some sort of fever dream. Most people would have hated it, but I would have loved if the last shot of the series went from the shot we have now of the camera rising from Walt's dead body as cops walk past it to his body in the same position in the cabin and Saul's fixer standing over him. People would hate it, but for me I would have given Gilligan a ton of credit and held this show in even higher esteem than I really do. I think @gator_king had said how last episode was one of his favorite of the series and I share that sentiment. Walt using that money that he worked so hard for to pay a stranger for a little bit of his time was the best scene of the series to me. We saw him irreversibly broken in that cabin. People would hate it because they didn't get a finale that was tidy and full of resolution, but for a show that's tried to be emotionally impactful so many times, seeing that Walt died a weak, lonely old man that was never given a chance to right his wrongs would have been the most emotional thing this show has ever done. Gilligan would never escape questions about what happened to this character or that character but the answer to what happened to the only important character on the show would have been answered in a powerful way that few if any of his contemporaries would have had the balls to do.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm not watching a Colombian version of Breaking Bad, my dude
3l4d.png

Unless it's nothing but those weather girls off Telemundo on the cast
um1lw.png

:sadcam:, thought it was gonna be a Mexican version, was ready to see :dahell: with a heisenberg hat and a luchador mask

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I read the New Yorker article yesterday or the day before and really wish it were true that it was all some sort of fever dream. Most people would have hated it, but I would have loved if the last shot of the series went from the shot we have now of the camera rising from Walt's dead body as cops walk past it to his body in the same position in the cabin and Saul's fixer standing over him. People would hate it, but for me I would have given Gilligan a ton of credit and held this show in even higher esteem than I really do. I think @gator_king had said how last episode was one of his favorite of the series and I share that sentiment. Walt using that money that he worked so hard for to pay a stranger for a little bit of his time was the best scene of the series to me. We saw him irreversibly broken in that cabin. People would hate it because they didn't get a finale that was tidy and full of resolution, but for a show that's tried to be emotionally impactful so many times, seeing that Walt died a weak, lonely old man that was never given a chance to right his wrongs would have been the most emotional thing this show has ever done. Gilligan would never escape questions about what happened to this character or that character but the answer to what happened to the only important character on the show would have been answered in a powerful way that few if any of his contemporaries would have had the balls to do.

:leon:

That would've actually been dope....I thought "The Sopranos" ending was dope. People would've killed Vince Gilligan though man. You know they would. Look at how the "Sopranos" ending was received.

I think the show ended sufficiently dark. If that makes sense.

The finale on it's own is upbeat....Walt is winning at every turn, his family gets the money, and he dies without ever spending a day in jail. But Walt only got a happy ending if you disregard the rest of the series. Nothing that happened in "Felina" erased "Granite State" or "Ozymandias". Or any other episode prior to that. Hell, truth be told, every single character on the show would've been better off if he died from cancer 2 years ago instead of getting chemo/an operation. Yes his family would be in debt, but now they have $9 mill and....

1. Everyone Walt has ever known or loved hates him.
2. His children will grow up without a father. Their entire lives will be colored by "oh, it's Heisenberg's kids".
3. Hank died, Marie is a widow.
4. Lydia died, her daughter is an orphan.
5. Andrea died, her son is an orphan.
6. Todd died...."I'm sorry for your loss". :to:
7. Skyler will most likely still go to jail, since the charges seem to be racketeering (money laundering and tax evasion). They don't need Walt to convict her of those.

And that's just this season. Tomas, Drew Sharp, Gale, Jane, Combo....think about every single bad thing that had to happen, for Walt to get this victory lap.

Walt won....the last ep is Heisenberg :blessed: but everyone else had to pay for it. The only downside to him dying alone, the ending you said, would be we wouldn't have that nice contrast of him winning at the expense of everyone else.

Fred.