"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater
wish they would've gone with that plan at Season 4, they could've built up the cat and mouse game between Walt and Hank more detailed

and Tuco needed to stay on the show longer the second episode of season 2 felt like a season finale
I agree with that would've been nice to see. They did mention they kind of pushed the storyline along with Walt confronting Hank in the garage because they knew they had to end the show this year.

Here's the link

http://www.npr.org/2013/10/03/228813142/breaking-bad-writers-this-is-it-theres-no-more

On Walt admitting that he got involved in the meth business for himself and not for the family

Peter Gould: It's interesting in a way, because we had talked over and over again over the years about: When is Walt going to see himself the way we see him? When is he going to have a revelation of what he's done and who he really is? Sometimes there'd be a big episode and he'd let Jane die, or we'd play with the idea of having him start to see himself, and it never felt right. We came to the realization that once he really sees himself, once he has a full idea of who he is and what he's done, the show's over.

Last edited:

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There is a general consensus that Lost was making it up as they went along. I was speaking to that and not a writer's account of what happened.

Walt winning is for the audience. That's the stance that I am discussing from. Story wise, I get what you are saying.

You're talking about major events not changing. I'm talking about details that could change. You are a super fan that gathers information and that's how you debate. I stick purely to the material that I am shown and form my opinions from that. I don't like to have extra information cloud (or inform depending on your outlook) what I'm watching as it's going on. You state that they don't deviate from the writing but you don't have the scripts nor were you there to know everything down to the explicit details. You weren't on set with them etc.

Hypetrain existing =/= they wrote to cater to it, because the hype didn't exist when they wrote the ending, or any part of season 5.
Sure, when they wrote it. However that doesn't mean that during the meetings, shooting and editing, something couldn't have changed. There was a break in shooting the final 8 episodes. However, if that is indeed true, I'll take your word on that.

I agree with the sentiment of your last sentence. I am debating this as a fan of Lost. People have been using Breaking Bad to douse television shows that were people's and their own favorites for some time now. I would barely consider myself a fan of Breaking Bad because I wasn't there during the beginning. The final episode is safe and that just doesn't do it for me.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everyone knows Lost fell off. He set a goal and mismanaged his time, goofed and fumbled the ball. However, it's a travesty to claim that Lost wasn't smashing television out of the gate and still had people's interest up until the last season. They didn't do a split final season with all the preparation time in the world to make sure that they were on their p's and q's. Falling off in the last season doesn't destroy 5 seasons of spectacular television.

Breaking Bad gave an ending that would appease the fans. The constant hand holding and on the nose direction is annoying. In no way was Hank and the Nazis a complete and competent baddy with the way it was handled in comparison to Gus. Gus' arc is leagues more interesting to the Hank/ Nazi one.

Also, the ending wasn't purgatory. And lest we forget a cancer ridden Walt turning into a combination of Sam Fisher and Solid Snake during the last episode. Like I said, it's easy to pile on to Lost because of its shortcomings but Breaking Bad has its share of "Cmon son" moments as well. This "good" ending is just one example.

When did Lost have 5 seasons of spectacular television? :dahell: I only remember Seasons 1, 2, and 5 being spectacular