"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm gonna have to go back and watch the last 2 episodes again

:ld:

The theory doesn't make any sense because it assumes Walt knows things that he had no way of knowing. For example we see Jesse building a wooden box, which is a flashback to season 3, episode 9. While he's in rehab he says back in high school he was good at woodworking, and made this beautiful wooden box. Walt never knew that.

Also, if Walt died in the car how would he know Jesse was being held captive by the nazis, because prior to seeing Jesse he assumed they were partners. How would he know Jesse was chained up?

Also, Skyler tells Walt that Lydia sent goons after her. How would "fantasy Walt" know that?

I understand people are :wtf: that Walt was able to move around town freely without being caught, during a nationwide man hunt. But real life crime boss Whitey Bulger lived out in the open in California for 16 years while #1 on America's Most Wanted, with a $2 mill reward on his head. He wasn't ducking and hiding.

Chris Dorner hid literally within walking distance of the FBI Command Center that was looking for him....they just assumed he'd left the state so they never searched the surrounding areas.

Cops aren't perfect. Them not catching Walt for a couple days is a hell of a lot more plausible than "Walt died in the car, and the rest of the episode is a dream".

Fred.

Last edited:

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
:ld:

The theory doesn't make any sense because it assumes Walt knows things that he had no way of knowing. For example we see Jesse building a wooden box, which is a flashback to season 3, episode 9. While he's in rehab he says back in high school he was good at woodworking, and made this beautiful wooden box. Walt never knew that.

Also, if Walt died in the car how would he know Jesse was being held captive by the nazis, because prior to seeing Jesse he assumed they were partners. How would he know Jesse was chained up?

Also, Skyler tells Walt that Lydia sent goons after her. How would "fantasy Walt" know that?

I understand people are :wtf: that Walt was able to move around town freely without being caught, during a nationwide man hunt. But real life crime boss Whitey Bulger lived out in the open in California for 16 years while #1 on America's Most Wanted, with a $2 mill reward on his head. He wasn't ducking and hiding.

Chris Dorner hid literally within walking distance of the FBI Command Center that was looking for him....they just assumed he'd left the state so they never searched the surrounding areas.

Cops aren't perfect. Them not catching Walt for a couple days is a hell of a lot more plausible than "Walt died in the car, and the rest of the episode is a dream".

Fred.

i assume he doesn't "know" those thing because they didn't really happen. the last 2 eps were walt dreaming :manny:

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Lydia was all types of :huhldup: without her makeup
ustv-breaking-bad-s05-e16-finale-3.jpg

Walt told her he slipped ricin in her drink, Lydia could've immediatley went to the hospital to get the shyt taken care of unless it was too late

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
:leon:

That would've actually been dope....I thought "The Sopranos" ending was dope. People would've killed Vince Gilligan though man. You know they would. Look at how the "Sopranos" ending was received.
Fred.
That brings me to another thing I've been thinking lately: is it the director's job to make a finale that suits the fans or the finale that suits his artistic vision and direction (not that those are mutually exclusive)? Is the story more important than the reception? This isn't necessarily just a BB related question either. They could have shown a random person shooting Tony and then a black screen, but they didn't. It's really beyond the point. Did the top fall at the end of Inception?:kanye: I personally like to think it didn't, but that's beyond the point. I personally could care less. Lost deserves criticism for making it up as they went along but getting way too in over their heads and having no resolution to anything except: they're all dead. That's a copout. That's being lazy. If a director puts years into making a top notch tv series and wants to end it in a compelling, thought provoking way (while still answering truly important questions and concluding storylines), more power to him.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i assume he doesn't "know" those thing because they didn't really happen. the last 2 eps were walt dreaming :manny:

That still makes no sense because Jesse had been a slave since "Ozymandias". And the wooden box scene took place in season 3.

So if Walt died in, let's say "Granite State", there's still no way he'd know either of those things.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Lydia was all types of :huhldup: without her makeup
ustv-breaking-bad-s05-e16-finale-3.jpg

Walt told her he slipped ricin in her drink, Lydia could've immediatley went to the hospital to get the shyt taken care of unless it was too late

It would've been too late. There's no cure for ricin and if it's ingested you have immediately go to the hospital to get your stomach pumped. I'm talking, directly after she drank it. This was likely 6-8 hours later. She's dead.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That brings me to another thing I've been thinking lately: is it the director's job to make a finale that suits the fans or the finale that suits his artistic vision and direction (not that those are mutually exclusive)? Is the story more important than the reception? This isn't necessarily just a BB related question either. They could have shown a random person shooting Tony and then a black screen, but they didn't. It's really beyond the point. Did the top fall at the end of Inception?:kanye: I personally like to think it didn't, but that's beyond the point. I personally could care less. Lost deserves criticism for making it up as they went along but getting way too in over their heads and having no resolution to anything except: they're all dead. That's a copout. That's being lazy. If a director puts years into making a top notch tv series and wants to end it in a compelling, thought provoking way (while still answering truly important questions and concluding storylines), more power to him.

Well, look at it like this.

"BB" blew the fukk up this season. Season 5A finale was 2.7 million people. Season 5B was 10.3 million. That's, as far as I know, unheard of. It has to be a record.

Anyway, they started writing 5A and 5B close to 2 years ago, when season 4 was only doing 1.9 mill.

I'm rambling but my point is, they obviously ended it how they wanted to because they had no pressure. "BB" wasn't a hit yet. So I assume reception had very little to do with it.

Now, as far as what you said, I think story should always trump reception. On the other hand, like BIG said "you're making music for fans....you ain't gonna record an album, and go cop all the albums yourself". So there has to be some kind of accountability for you having a fan base, and not ending on some artistic weird shyt just because you can.

Best case scenario you end it how you want, and fans love it. But if, let's say this show, ended with Walt dying in the cabin, I guarantee it would be me, you, gator, and 2-3 other people like :ohlawd: while 10 million others are ready to kill Vince Gilligan. So I'm ok with what we got.

Fred.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Well, look at it like this.

"BB" blew the fukk up this season. Season 5A finale was 2.7 million people. Season 5B was 10.3 million. That's, as far as I know, unheard of. It has to be a record.

Anyway, they started writing 5A and 5B close to 2 years ago, when season 4 was only doing 1.9 mill.

I'm rambling but my point is, they obviously ended it how they wanted to because they had no pressure. "BB" wasn't a hit yet. So I assume reception had very little to do with it.

Now, as far as what you said, I think story should always trump reception. On the other hand, like BIG said "you're making music for fans....you ain't gonna record an album, and go cop all the albums yourself". So there has to be some kind of accountability for you having a fan base, and not ending on some artistic weird shyt just because you can.

Best case scenario you end it how you want, and fans love it. But if, let's say this show, ended with Walt dying in the cabin, I guarantee it would be me, you, gator, and 2-3 other people like :ohlawd: while 10 million others are ready to kill Vince Gilligan. So I'm ok with what we got.

Fred.
I would've been cool with that ending, Walt dying all alone with nothing but a few million.