"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
someone rip the music in the final credits so i can use it as my ringtone

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tumblr_mtx4t6EfRs1qe6vsbo3_500.jpg

Based Cranston da GAWD :wow:

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
Amazing. Only thing I didn't really like was the way Walt caught that stray bullet. It seemed like he was low enough on the ground that he wouldn't have gotten hit. Someone convince me about that part so that I can feel good about the whole episode.
Dude put a remote control m60 in his trunk and you want to talk about realism?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Ok here's my thoughts.

Finale was dope. Was it as good as "Ozymandias" and "Granite State"? No. Was it a good episode of "Breaking Bad"? Yes. But I said 2-3 weeks ago "Ozymandias" was basically the last ep, and the last 2 were epilogue.

So....what's the problem? I didn't know an entire series run was hinged solely on it's finale. "Dexter" could've came with the GOAT finale, and it wouldn't erase the last 2-3 seasons. "The Wire" series finale was underwhelming, it didn't hurt the show one bit.

"The Sopranos" had a highly divisive ending. People complained. This series "plays it safe"....people complain. Could they have killed off more characters? Sure. But if we're gauging the quality of a show based on how many characters were dead in the finale "Lost" would be the GOAT series.

And yes, they played it safe. Definitely. But here's the thing. Season 4 "Face Off" was originally the end to this series....and it ended more or less exactly the same as this. Minus Andrea, Hank and Walt dying. Yet no one complained. Do people not realize that would've been the ending to the series, if Sony/Gilligan hadn't renegotiated their contract?

Now, a few complaints.

They could've....should've....explained the ricin delivery. Maybe someone noticed it, on some Lily of the Valley shyt, and I didn't. It's possible.

The final scene with Jesse should've been longer.

I feel like Jesse should've died solely because the show is over. He's the co-lead. There's no more story for him. The rest of the characters you can kinda guess where they end up. Jesse it's a clean slate more or less.

This is the GOAT, and the only show that gets better each season. With the exception of 5A. It goes 5A, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5B.

Fred.