"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That was actually makeup. They added prosthetics so that they could make his face look thinner and sunken.

He did lose some weight too though. He gained weight for the first season to make Walt look :flabbynsick: when you first meet him, then worked out more and lost the weight so he'd appear stronger as Heisenberg came out over the series. Then he lost weight in the last few eps to appear weak again. But yeah, they obviously used prosthetic make-up too.

Fred.

Daps
He did lose some weight too though. He gained weight for the first season to make Walt look :flabbynsick: when you first meet him, then worked out more and lost the weight so he'd appear stronger as Heisenberg came out over the series. Then he lost weight in the last few eps to appear weak again. But yeah, they obviously used prosthetic make-up too.

Fred.

I realize that too, but I wouldn't call it a ton of weight lost (as was quoted). And more importantly, maybe the makeup wasn't so obvious to everyone who isn't you, @hexagram23
:usure:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I realize that too, but I wouldn't call it a ton of weight lost (as was quoted). And more importantly, maybe the makeup wasn't so obvious to everyone who isn't you, @hexagram23
:usure:

People actually mentioned the make up earlier in the thread, before I even knew about it. :manny:

I assume they listened to the podcast before I did.

Fred.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How much time elapsed between Walter coming to New Hampshire and the final moment? 3 months?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
How much time elapsed between Walter coming to New Hampshire and the final moment? 3 months?

As far as I know it hasn't been mentioned, but I'll quote what I said earlier in the thread:

I might be wrong, but I could've swore 5-6 months was mentioned by Peter Gould the writer. I'll try to find it.

It's kind of irrelevant really because 2 months or 6 months doesn't change much. The only benefit to the story is it moves the story closer to Dennys, and the M60.

Look at it like this:

Season 1, ep 1 to season 5 ep 4 is 1 year.

Ep 5 that season to ep 8 = No idea.

Season 5, ep 8 = 3 months, in the montage with "Crystal Blue Persuasion".

Season 5, ep 9 = at least 1 more month. Walt mentions to Jesse he's been out 1 month.

Season 5, ep 9 to ep 15 = No idea.

Season 5, ep 15 = 6 months? They don't say but that would put it a lot closer to Dennys than anything else. Unless there's another time jump in the final ep we can assume he was in NH 6+ months.

Fred.

Last edited:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I forgot about the marathon, wondered WTF yall were talking about

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Silly question maybe, WTF did the name "Heisenberg" come from?