Alien: Isolation (Linux, Mac, Windows, Xbox One, Switch, PS4, 360, PS3)

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
And the fool ADMITTINGLY played the entire story on hard... Like wtf did you expect to happen? :mindblown:

Hard is SUPPOSED to suck... That's why its called hard.

They said the Alien AI is completely unpredictable. Sometimes it hears you breathing, sees you, won't see you, will pretend to NOT see you only to jump out just and kill you when you think it's left, respond to loud noises, not respond to loud noises, it might hear you radar if it's too close, etc..

I get that and that's fine. I actually like that. That combined with the length pretty much made this a purchase for me.
What I don't like is The Alien ignoring NPCs to solely hunt you.
It seems like NPCs can't trigger his ire unless you deliberately cause a ruckus near them.
That's cheap and we shouldn't still have mechanics in place like that considering how far we've come.
If this thing is going to be running around hunting prey, it shouldn't be discriminating and selectively deaf.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Should have ordered this from SimplyGames earlier in the week.
They've already shipped 'em out and people are playing early.
Wasn't sold on it at the time, though.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

vllqpw.gif

yeah, I think I'm waiting on this one...

TOP LAD

WOAH, HEY GUYS WELCOME TO EB GAMES /COPY THAT/
Daps
Reppin
LORDE
After the whole destiny debacle, I'm skeptical as fukk

:ufdup:

Not waisting cash on meh games

what debacle?
Destiny is a solid game, stop buying into the hype all the time we see these things over and over and people never learn

Strike-Wun

Lion-O Ritchie
Supporter
Daps
what debacle?
Destiny is a solid game, stop buying into the hype all the time we see these things over and over and people never learn

I have destiny, its a beautiful game, just got bland an repetitive, not worth it IMO but I'll play it from time to time

And that's exactly what I'm not doing... Buying into the hype because I've learned my lesson from buying into the hype

A 60 from GameSpot and a 59 from IGN = I'll wait

TOP LAD

Daps
Reppin
LORDE
I have destiny, its a beautiful game, just got bland an repetitive, not worth it IMO but I'll play it from time to time

And that's exactly what I'm not doing... Buying into the hype because I've learned my lesson from buying into the hype

since when were IGN and GS the standard for video game reviews
you know metacritic is the averaged scores of all official game reviewers, right?
so the fact that they gave it a 60 and 5.9 and it's till holding an 80 score should tell you something.
Your talking about guys that give new installments of Call of Duty and Naruto Ninja Storm a fukking 8+ every damn year
why would you not purchase a game you've been hyped about for mad long because they are saying shyt like

"it's so hard and frustrating (even tho I chose to play it on Hard mode)"
&
"The story drags on"

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I get that and that's fine. I actually like that. That combined with the length pretty much made this a purchase for me.
What I don't like is The Alien ignoring NPCs to solely hunt you.
It seems like NPCs can't trigger his ire unless you deliberately cause a ruckus near them.
That's cheap and we shouldn't still have mechanics in place like that considering how far we've come.
If this thing is going to be running around hunting prey, it shouldn't be discriminating and selectively deaf.
It depends brih

Some reviews I've read said the complete opposite. Like they caused the humans to make noise and the Alien destroyed them while you hide and wait for it to be over... And sometimes the Alien gets hip to your tactics.

I mean, I know what you mean but the story is about you. You're supposed to interact with the humans not let the Alien destroy them without your involvement.

and I feel you about Destiny. I'm a Halo guy, so Destiny was cool and not cool at the same time. Fun but I played it mostly by myself in which that game was not meant to be

I usually think gamespot rates a lil harsher than most... Even though I trust them more than ign. But I go by averages mostly. Ign is just fukking retarded now. That guy really played the game on hard and was complaining about how hard it was and how much he was getting killed

Strike-Wun

Lion-O Ritchie
Supporter
Daps
since when were IGN and GS the standard for video game reviews
you know metacritic is the averaged scores of all official game reviewers, right?
so the fact that they gave it a 60 and 5.9 and it's till holding an 80 score should tell you something.
Your talking about guys that give new installments of Call of Duty and Naruto Ninja Storm a fukking 8+ every damn year
why would you not purchase a game you've been hyped about for mad long because they are saying shyt like

"it's so hard and frustrating (even tho I chose to play it on Hard mode)"
&
"The story drags on"

I'm not about to keep going with the back and forth, enjoy your game breh, i may pick it up eventually but I'm not jumping in too soon like I did with Destiny

It depends brih

Some reviews I've read said the complete opposite. Like they caused the humans to make noise and the Alien destroyed them while you hide and wait for it to be over... And sometimes the Alien gets hip to your tactics.

I mean, I know what you mean but the story is about you. You're supposed to interact with the humans not let the Alien destroy them without your involvement.

and I feel you about Destiny. I'm a Halo guy, so Destiny was cool and not cool at the same time. Fun but I played it mostly by myself in which that game was not meant to be

I usually think gamespot rates a lil harsher than most... Even though I trust them more than ign. But I go by averages mostly. Ign is just fukking retarded now. That guy really played the game on hard and was complaining about how hard it was and how much he was getting killed

I'm not a metacritic type guy, there's only a few sites I pay attention to for reviews and thats IGN, GameSpot, GameTrailers and a few youtubers, but the IGN review does seem suspect

TOP LAD

Daps
Reppin
LORDE
I'm not about to keep going with the back and forth, enjoy your game breh, i may pick it up eventually but I'm not jumping in too soon like I did with Destiny

these are the games that need to be supported and you're gunna jump ship because of 2 negative reviews out of a 20 review pool that is mostly positive? gamers like you is what helps makes the industry so shyt, you throw 60 cash at hype but won't support the games that promote creativity and thinking outside the box........because you don't want to waist money? top lel

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
You know...I think I might cop this.

It looks gorgeous and I like the concept. I treat these type of games like I treat black owned businesses...

I want them to succeed because, it moves the ball that much closer to the ,in the case of video games, digital utopia of creativity I want to see.

That's why I'm happy I gambled on LotR's Shadow of Mordor. I could see myself playing this with the wiz sitting right next to me helping me with the puzzles & jumping out of here seat when the alien comes close. lol