Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Speaking of, what's up with you and this MAGA rhetoric? Clyburn would disapprove

Every time he says something especially bigoted, juvenile, or stupid that catches me by surprise, I have to remind myself that before he changed his name, I used to think of him as just another right-winger cosplaying as a moderate. After the name change he started pushing DNC line so regularly that it took me a while to remember that his values and demeanor are further to the right than the politicians he supports.

His weird segue into xenophobia doesn't even make sense. Like, when did Jamaal Bowman and Cori Bush come out as immigrants? :dahell:

So you can leave? :mjpls:

Trying to be like you my good Nigerian brother

:mjgrin:

Jokes aside, I usually find folks with this line of logic attempting to make Israel/Palestinian affairs a part of the black civil rights movement to be immigrants.

This take is so fukking bad and, as usual by you, supported by literally nothing. :mjlol:

Kwame Ture. Immigrant.
Malcolm X. Immigrant.
James Baldwin. Immigrant.
Muhammad Ali. Immigrant.
Huey Newton. Immigrant.
George Jackson. Immigrant.
Jesse Jackson. Immigrant.
Toni Morrison. Immigrant.

No, the real demarcation line here are black folk who are curious and educated and realize there is a world that exists outside the borders of the United States, and have engaged with historical and systemic analyses and encountered ideas regarding the various intersections of white supremacy and colonialism, and the black folk who severed themselves from the black liberation ideological lineage and instead weaned on the post-revolutionary Reaganite black bourgeoisie belief that the apotheosis of black life is to climb the white supremacist constructed ladder of material goods, so any talk of solidarity or colonialism or systemic oppression is deemed to be an embarrassing anachronism. The latter group is completely unmoored from history, tradition, or philosophical analysis, which is why they have no literature or philosophy to pull on when the former group calls them out, they just respond with their gut feeling and modern intuitions built upon their ignorance and cowardice.

Let's not forget W.E.B. DuBois (later in life), Paul Robeson, James Lawson, Eldridge Cleaver, Angela Davis, Alice Walker, and Andrew Young. You can even count pro-Zionists like A. Phillip Randolph and Bayard Rustin - while they may not have been pro-Palestine, at least they agreed that human rights issues outside of the USA are deeply important too and engaged with them as part of the movement.

The crazy shyt is that we're talking about the same person who talks so self-righteously about how we have to stand up for the Ukrainian people. So foreign wars and international human rights suddenly become important when a US enemy is doing the killing, but not when a US ally is responsible? There isn't the slightest moral or ethical weight backing his position, it's just political posturing.

"Who gives a fukk about James Baldwin or Malcom X, the Panthers are playing next Sunday and my white boss just gave me a raise. Yeah yeah the racial wealth gap is expanding, but I just got 72 month term and 0-down for a Model Y Tesla at only 1.99% APR! No I haven't revisited Toni Morrison's work since they made us read Beloved in high school lit, but Black Panther: Wakanda Forever was my favorite movie of the past 10 years! Why should I give a fukk about my government using my tax money to bomb schools and refugee camps full of 8 year old Palestinian boys and girls, what have those children ever done for me! The only reason I would need to look at a map is to figure out where I'm taking my next vacation! :thumbsup:"

You hit almost every aspect of his life right to its core. Just need to add video games and an expense photography habit and you'd pretty much have his bio. :pachaha:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
However, these organizers were not deployed to aimlessly knock doors. Instead, they were tasked with not only building, but strengthening key relationships — among faith leaders, small business owners, county committee members, and potential surrogates and volunteers — across the two-dozen neighborhoods that made up the Fourteenth District mosaic. As the COVID-19 pandemic devastated working class communities in the Bronx and Queens, while Caruso-Cabrera attacked Ocasio-Cortez on Fox News, Team AOC pivoted to food distribution and mutual aid. Through Team AOC, one of those organizers, Jonathan Soto, helped establish a program that brought free one-on-one tutoring at the height of the pandemic to hundreds of families across the district.
I remember Pascal Robert on This Revolution and the Black Agenda Report said this is why leftist organizations don’t make strides, while right wing orgs dominate certain areas. Right wing organizations do stuff like this while left wing orgs either can’t or don’t know how. You gotta build a community. It’s interesting that AOC took that same approach with her district.

Also scattering her campaign office across the district instead of one place was smart as well.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
AOC means well. Its just that politics require extreme cuthroatery to get things done which she lacks tbh...

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
AOC means well. Its just that politics require extreme cuthroatery to get things done which she lacks tbh...

I've been very harsh on her in recent weeks, but I'm sure she means well, genuinely.

That doesn't really mean much though. Her actions have been the opposite of cutthroat. Cutthroat is Tlaib or Pelosi. Or even someone like McConnell before the stroke. Singular minded and driven.

Her actions have been mid, insipid and feckless.

Like Jeff Flake :mjlol:

Last edited:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
I've been very harsh on her in recent weeks, but I'm sure she means well, genuinely.

That doesn't really mean much though. Her actions have been the opposite of cutthroat. Cutthroat is Tlaib or Pelosi. Or even someone like McConnell before the stroke. Singular minded and driven.

Her actions have been mid, insipid and feckless.

Like Jeff Flake :mjlol:
Yea you cant be a poodle in between wolves. Them nikkas literally made her cry.

Last edited:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Y’all still in here fighting imaginary ghosts? :mjlol:

Only people mad at AOC are the cac mamba and folks putting the 🐍 on her for purity test reasons.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

bytching about third parties is asinine and anti-democratic. Not every political movement has to be 100% pragmatic and power focused

It's very simple; if you want their votes bad enough, try negotiating with them to include some of their less bat shyt policies in your platform. And as a result, maybe you peel away some voters from them and swing things towards your end in close races

The alternate is being offended and flabbergasted at the suggestion that maybe, you aren't owed votes simply by being the lesser of 2 evils, and there are some voters out there for whom that argument just won't fly, and you have to offer something of value to bring them over to your side, otherwise they'll go with someone who is bat shyt insane and has zero chance of winning and has policies they absolutely align with, but otherwise, they would have stayed at home anyways, because fukk going out to vote for mid :mjlol:

Anyways. Notice how she didn't answer the question? :pachaha:

Simple answer: vote how you feel, it's a (imperfect) democracy. May the candidate who wins the most EVs win
:wow:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

EvCXrHyXYAQJlWt.jpg

Trips

Superstar
Daps
Jill Stein can say whatever the fukk she wants. She ain't doing shyt to actually help the people in Gaza. Jill Stein calls for a ceasefire are as good as everyone on this forum in terms of tangibly being effective. AOC has also called for a ceasefire, but hey she's actually apart of the party that has a chance to win the nomination and maybe...just maybe they can get there.

In the highest of unlikely scenarios where Jill Stein becomes president. Is she going to sign an executive order calling for a ceasefire. Is she going to sign an EO to stop all funding to Israel? That shyt would get overturned so fast we wouldn't even know it happened. Jill Stein and these pie in the sky motherfukkers that just get to say shyt cause they aint doing shyt.

:camby: