Trips

Superstar
Daps
She called it a genocide months ago and you can go to her twitter feed.

It's never enough!

She learned early you have to work in with the system. If AOC cooperates with the dems and 35% of her agenda accomplished in a congressional cycle. The fanatics in her base would rather have 0% accomplished as long as she says everything they want. She called it a Genocide, and is clearly speaking with the establishment wing of the party about her desires for the ceasefire etc. But, because she's not fighting and chastising the establishment she's the sellout.

These people would rather vote for Jill Stein cause she says everything they want to hear. But don't have a plan for if she actually got into office and worked against both parties. You think her executive orders aren't getting overturned.

Is it better for AOC to work with the party and get put on committees, and work her way up the ladder to get even 40% of the progressive agenda accomplished. Or fight the party every single step of the way and get nothing accomplished, potentially get voted out of office? Like what is the goal?

These people think because everyone loves all their ideas on paper that everything will just happen. And you don't have to work within the structure. I'd rather have AOC in congress, making gradual improvements. Over being a firebrand that yells and gets nothing done because she's too pure to work with the Dems.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
It's never enough!

She learned early you have to work in with the system. If AOC cooperates with the dems and 35% of her agenda accomplished in a congressional cycle. The fanatics in her base would rather have 0% accomplished as long as she says everything they want. She called it a Genocide, and is clearly speaking with the establishment wing of the party about her desires for the ceasefire etc. But, because she's not fighting and chastising the establishment she's the sellout.

These people would rather vote for Jill Stein cause she says everything they want to hear. But don't have a plan for if she actually got into office and worked against both parties. You think her executive orders aren't getting overturned.

Is it better for AOC to work with the party and get put on committees, and work her way up the ladder to get even 40% of the progressive agenda accomplished. Or fight the party every single step of the way and get nothing accomplished, potentially get voted out of office? Like what is the goal?

These people think because everyone loves all their ideas on paper that everything will just happen. And you don't have to work within the structure. I'd rather have AOC in congress, making gradual improvements. Over being a firebrand that yells and gets nothing done because she's too pure to work with the Dems.

There's millions of people in this country who believe a single congressmen or congresswoman wield endless power. There's millions of people who believe the President can do whatever he wants because he's President. They live in a fantasy world. Someone I went to college with called me up the other day complaining about how much money is in elections and how much power big donors have. It was like he just read his first book.

Things move very very slow in Washington, too slow.. we all know this. But AOC has done an excellent job holding on to her principles and not losing sight of her primary goals. Has she had to compromise at times? Obviously, because that's politics and that's Washington.

Either you get elected and go to Washington and fight for your agenda (while having to compromise along the way) or you will die a quick death. They will chew you up and spit you out. AOC has nothing to worry about in her district because first and foremost she is always out there with the people, with union workers, with all of her constituents, assisting in helping them fight their causes. People remember that and she's a superstar. She can hold that seat for as long as she wants it now and in doing so, she can use her platform to push issues to the left.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's never enough!

“Twitter is not a real place”

AOC simply figured that out, and is moving as such.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
a lot of the people in the greater movement are mentally ill and it shows
Unfortunately many of them have coli accounts instead of licensed psychiatrists.

It's never enough!

The latter. Next question :troll:

It’s always amusing to see these people cut their own leg off before the race starts and every two years cycle through politicians that could have helped them but they weren’t pure enough and got tossed to the bushes :mjlol: if you ask them who is a good politician we should admire the answer would change in 2-4 years guaranteed:mjlol:

Last edited:

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Ironically, you've said many times you're thankful you're parents raised you in the American community you grew up in.

There was clearly something alluring about America they were unable to get in Nigeria. :mjpls:

I have?

Like KD said, a lot of fukked up things, and a lot of awesome things happen in the US.

They're back in Nigeria by the way, enjoying retirement. Speaking of, what's up with you and this MAGA rhetoric? Clyburn would disapprove :pachaha:

that has to hurt on a personal level because she clearly cares and is doing all that she can

:laff:

This is the sort of thing you'd expect to see written about Jeff Flake

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Jayapal, Pressley, Omar, Tlaib, Crockett, and other progressive members of Congress.. No one is flaming them for their views on apartheid Israel, despite them having views that plot on a spectrum from moderate to extreme. Why? Because for the most part they've been consistent and honest. There's no smoke for Israel taint lickers like Gottheimer... We know who he supports and he doesn't apologize for it.

Only one member has expressed strong opinions on Israel in the past, THEN while on stage at the DNC, described the genocide in the middest and most benign way possible (for no reasons that were not selfish), THEN called into a sit-in she could have attended in person to tell them they had a right to speak on stage, ignoring that she had that very stage to make the argument for a ceasefire in a more forceful criticism of Israel

Criticize Pelosi all you want, but she never moved like... a bytch. Jeff Flake was pure bytch made. And AOC is moving more like Flake than Pelosi. To compare her to Pelosi right now is an insult to the latter

Her in Congress is a net positive, but it's ok to point out her self-serving and hypocritical actions relative to her talk. And she gonna get these jokes, and she'll be fine

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
They're back in Nigeria by the way
So you can leave? :mjpls:

Speaking of, what's up with you and this MAGA rhetoric?
Trying to be like you my good Nigerian brother
The answer to your question should not be the basis of a rational legal system. I'd want whoever stole my car to be hung drawn and quartered, but a few years in jail is probably more reasonable despite my emotions.

I'm so grateful to my parents for raising me in a community that didn't look to the "hood" for tradition, or honor it. What a sad existence a lot of people must live to experience otherwise :mjlol:

:mjgrin:

Jokes aside, I usually find folks with this line of logic attempting to make Israel/Palestinian affairs a part of the black civil rights movement to be immigrants.

The problem isn’t just saying hey, these people are going through oppression, can’t you relate. But it’s the attempt to make foreign issues as important or more important than the oppression we have experienced and inequality we still experience.

Last edited:

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Kwame Ture. Immigrant.
Malcolm X. Immigrant.
James Baldwin. Immigrant.
Muhammad Ali. Immigrant.
Huey Newton. Immigrant.
George Jackson. Immigrant.
Jesse Jackson. Immigrant.
Toni Morrison. Immigrant.

No, the real demarcation line here are black folk who are curious and educated and realize there is a world that exists outside the borders of the United States, and have engaged with historical and systemic analyses and encountered ideas regarding the various intersections of white supremacy and colonialism, and the black folk who severed themselves from the black liberation ideological lineage and instead weaned on the post-revolutionary Reaganite black bourgeoisie belief that the apotheosis of black life is to climb the white supremacist constructed ladder of material goods, so any talk of solidarity or colonialism or systemic oppression is deemed to be an embarrassing anachronism. The latter group is completely unmoored from history, tradition, or philosophical analysis, which is why they have no literature or philosophy to pull on when the former group calls them out, they just respond with their gut feeling and modern intuitions built upon their ignorance and cowardice.

"Who gives a fukk about James Baldwin or Malcom X, the Panthers are playing next Sunday and my white boss just gave me a raise. Yeah yeah the racial wealth gap is expanding, but I just got 72 month term and 0-down for a Model Y Tesla at only 1.99% APR! No I haven't revisited Toni Morrison's work since they made us read Beloved in high school lit, but Black Panther: Wakanda Forever was my favorite movie of the past 10 years! Why should I give a fukk about my government using my tax money to bomb schools and refugee camps full of 8 year old Palestinian boys and girls, what have those children ever done for me! The only reason I would need to look at a map is to figure out where I'm taking my next vacation! :thumbsup:"

No, the real demarcation line is right there in the term African-American. Some identify more with the latter and some identify more with the former.

Last edited:

franknitty711

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
many, many, many cooked minds including this broad AOC all you need to do is follow the timeline to see the hypocracy.

Used everyone to get voted in, left yall for identity poli-tricks to keep pharmacy, military, multi national corporations in power and her net worth larger.

How am i wrong?

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
This is the sort of thing you'd expect to see written about Jeff Flake

try and be serious
many, many, many cooked minds including this broad AOC all you need to do is follow the timeline to see the hypocracy.

Used everyone to get voted in, left yall for identity poli-tricks to keep pharmacy, military, multi national corporations in power and her net worth larger.

How am i wrong?

Aren't you a Republican

:dead: