Reppin
NULL
10471860_1440427932886591_1344390521_n.jpg

catskill247

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think she's sexy but did she lose weight she looks skinnier. I see alot of ribs and I think I see a kidney lol

Daps
Reppin
NULL
AJ Lee’s Return Ramps Up WWE’s Need to Acknowledge CM Punk
Posted by Bill Atkinson
Maybe I am in the minority here, but I am not convinced that AJ Lee’s return to WWE is completely “best for business.”

Her surprise return Monday night definitely is a shot in the arm to a dragging Divas division. And – just maybe –putting the Divas title back around her makes sense because you always want your top-name performer to sport the gold.
But on the other side, AJ’s return is only going to ramp up the “CM Punk” chants from the crowds. And sooner or later, WWE is going to have to publicly address them, whether or not they want to.

After all, that is his wife who is wearing the Divas title. Not his storyline wife…his real-life spouse.

Maybe that is cracking open the door for a possible Punk return. Lord knows the WWE Universe would eat it up.

But he says he is done with wrestling. That’s not stopping his wife from getting back into it.

To top it off, AJ seems to be all over her crazy-girl phase. No high-pitched screams. No thousand-yard stares. The skipping still is there, but it seems to have regained the reflection of a child-like innocence, not the psychotic break of a modern-day Baby Jane.

When AJ was around, the Divas division had become fun to watch. She is not the truest wrestler in the division – that distinction still belongs to Natalya. But AJ connects with the crowd in a way that none of the other Divas seem to do.

You possibly could include the Bella Twins as ones who can connect with the crowd. But they do so in a Hollywood glamour, unapproachable style. AJ, however, comes across approachable, as the next-door neighbor you might wave at over the fence or hang out with at a neighborhood block party.

She certainly moves the needle in terms of being a charismatic champion.

Thankfully, her arrival and Monday night victory brings an end to the dreadful Paige experiment as Divas champion. In my opinion, Paige was rushed into the top spot way before she was ready. But she offered the ideal storyline “out” for AJ to step aside, get married and get some much-needed rest.

Skills-wise, Paige had all the makings of a good champion. What she may have lacked in personality, she made up for in ring moves. Her combo of a Scorpion leg lock and chicken-wing lock was one of the most original finishing holds I have seen in a long time.

But you cannot succeed as a top champ on skills alone. That is why we refer to wrestling as sports entertainment.

As champion, Paige was not entertaining. As champion, AJ was very entertaining.

I just have a feeling that WWE may have waded into waters they did not intend to navigate.

Ever since his abrupt departure earlier this year, Punk has been the 800-pound gorilla in the room for WWE. Maybe they think they moved past all this on that night last March when they played his entrance music, only to have Paul Heyman come out.

Since then, the Punk chants have become a staple at WWE televised events. They may not start the show and may not end the show, but you know they are going to come sometime.

And they do, usually during matches where the audience is bored.

That’s all changing with AJ’s return. As soon as the first few notes of “Let’s Light It Up” blare across the sound system, the chants will start … and continue throughout her appearance.
And they likely are not going to die down as long as AJ remains active on the roster – or Punk finally makes some kind of appearance. He now is claiming he is retired, but think about it. Have you ever seen anyone completely “retire” from WWE? Even Edge and Shawn Michaels make appearances on the show despite the maladies that forced them out of active action.
Meanwhile, the Punk chants are going to continue. And WWE has only two choices to deal with this.

Come to some kind of reconciliation with Punk. Or invest in a whole bunch of noise-cancelling headphones.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
WWE: AJ Lee deserves better than 'CM Punk' chants

53b5c3cc52664.preview-699.jpg

WWE

AJ Lee returns to Raw to confront WWE Divas Champion Paige.

July 04, 2014 1:15 pm • David Wilcox | david.wilcox@lee.net
AJ Lee returned to WWE Monday after almost three months away.

AJ Lee: The woman last seen losing the Divas Championship to Paige in a shocking upset the night after WrestleMania XXX.

AJ Lee: The woman whose record-setting 10-month reign as champion before that night elevated the division's quality of ring work and delivered one of the best promos of 2013.

And what did the Hartford crowd chant?

"CM Punk."

To them, what they were in fact witnessing was the return of AJ Lee: CM Punk's wife.

And that sucks.

Now, let me cut you off before you trot out that old "They paid tickets, they can chant what they want" line — that's not my point. I'm not saying they can't chant it.

I'm just saying they're jerks. And I'm saying that their chanting is part of a much bigger pattern of sexism in WWE.

No doubt WWE has conditioned them to behave that way, what with it being ruled by men for decades and consigning the Divas matches to the palate-cleansing "death slot" between main events. (Which isn't to say they aren't making progress.)

But again, I say: That sucks.

I'm even a Punk fan. Under other circumstances — a boring promo, a lull in the action — I would join the chants, which admittedly function well as both support for the superstar after his January walkout and protest of the company conditions that led to it.

Who knows? Maybe the chants are meant to support her, too. Maybe she's even chanting along inside.

Still, I'll hold off on my own "CM Punk" chants when Lee's working. I'd rather pay attention to one of the best performers in WWE today. For her TV time to instead be defined by the absence of her husband, well...

Yeah. It just sucks.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
WWE Power rankings
Paige
Paige experienced the very definition of an up-and-down week, having defeated Naomi at Money in the Bank for a high note and then experiencing the lowest of lows by losing the Divas Title to AJ Lee on Raw.

Rank
Previous

Rob Van Dam
Rob Van Dam righted the ship against Cesaro & RybAxel on WWE Main Event after suffering a pair of losses on back-to-back nights in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match and against Seth Rollins.

Rank
Previous

Big E
Big E rebounded quickly from his humbling loss to Rusev at Money in the Bank 2014 by mustering strong efforts in tag team action on WWE Main Event and one-on-one battles on Raw and “WWE Superstars.”

Rank
Previous

Rusev
Rusev did not allow Big E to impede the Russian Gold Star Medal recipient’s rise to power in WWE at Money in the Bank 2014, but now must crush another obstacle in the form of Jack Swagger.

Rank
-
Previous

AJ Lee
AJ Lee shocked Paige and the WWE Universe on Raw by returning to the squared circle and promptly reclaiming the Divas Championship from the British grappler who ended her previous reign.

Status
Not open for further replies.