[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3knnFisGZX4[/ame]

turek44

The Gunner
Daps
Reppin
Jelenia Góra, Poland
201213Report.png

Character: A

AJ has taken us on a whirlwind tour of each area of her character this year. In the space of a year, AJ has gone from a mellow girl into a woman who takes command of any situation she is placed in. Sure, she has unorthodox methods of gaining the attention of those around her, but either way- it works. There has not been a Diva in the past few years that has been able to showcase a character with as much depth as AJ Lee, and for that, we applaud those that gave her the opportunity to let AJ shine as well as the Diva herself for being someone that has inspired a whole new generation of girls.

Target: Continue with the great work, and remember that you have a huge platform to let people see you for who you are.

Matches: B

Much like last year’s report, AJ’s match grade is lower than her other grades in other areas. This is because she has excelled more in her out-of-ring activities. However, when AJ has had the chance to compete in the ring, she has definitely fared better than in last year’s report- which other Diva can claim a victory over Team Hell No in the main event of RAW? This wrestling year saw AJ main event RAW a whopping FOUR TIMES, and that should be celebrated.

Target: WRESTLE MORE! You are capable of multi-tasking, and your fans are waiting for you to claim a certain butterfly adorned title…or a World Championship…this year is your year for gold.

Storylines: A+

There was no way AJ was going to get anything less than an A+ in the storylines category. AJ has been at the heart of some of the biggest storylines in WWE during the 2012-2013 year. She gave the kiss of death to Daniel Bryan, had three of WWE’s top guys wanting her all at once, became the General Manager of RAW, resigned in the midst of the AJ Scandal, made John Cena lose the main event of WWE TLC and is now happily embedded in her dysfunctional family with Dolph Ziggler & Big E Langston. There was no escaping AJ whether you liked it or not.

Target: Find a Diva rival and create a storyline with them that gets fans excited about the Divas division again. There’s so much unfinished business between you & Kaitlyn- work with that.

opularity: A

In terms of year-on-year improvement, popularity is where AJ continues to excel. Between last year and now, AJ has gained a whopping 527,000 followers on Twitter, and according to FanPageList.Com, is the most influential female athlete on social media. With everything that has happened to her this year, her popularity has soared, and even when she turned heel, she continues to be the most popular Diva in WWE today. Through a combination of the three categories above, AJ has a rabid fanbase that will love and support her regardless. They see that AJ is living the dream as a WWE Diva and that she will be a mainstay in WWE for years to come.

Target: There’s nothing we can say other than continue to be true to yourself.

Maizeandbluekid

Early 2010's OG
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Bolded is what annoys me about a lot of her fan's always complaining about how WWE and Creative are treating her. We all can list several people on the roster that are getting treated worse, and have way more to complain about. She was given more attention and exposure than any of the wrestlers that actually wrestled in the match she was involved in all Mania Week. All this :sadbron: for AJ is worst than Cena comparing himself to Donovan McNabb on Raw a few weeks back.

Is this a kayfabe or shoot interview? Because if it's kayfabe, then her acting skills here are top notch and she's gotten much better. She seems genuinely hurt and surprised that they lost.

If it's a shoot, then she needs to stop being such a mark for the business and grow up. Not everyone can go home happy. Many hard working people didn't even make the show - Cesaro, Tenzai, Brodus, Sandow and Rhodes. The Miz has gone from main eventing WM27 to wrestling pre-PPV show matches and even the current women's champion didn't make the cut. The way WWE creative is nowadays, AJ should be happy she was even on the show at all. She seems like a nice person, but her "It's not what I wanted" line comes off incredibly immature.

Same here. She almost seems sad in the mirror, as if she only found out about the finish minutes before going out. Again, if kayfabe, then she's fabulous here as there's a hint of pain and sadness on her face, but if its a shoot, then I guess she really thought she, Zigs and E were going to be booked to go over.

I think she was happy to just have an entrance and go out there for mania. From all of her interviews she seem happy just to be booked on this crowed card.

Thought I think she was a bit disappointing that she didn't get to actually wrestle in her hometown which again I don't look at it as she is ungrateful. I think 90 % of the workers wish they had better spot on the card or more time to showcase there stuff. I think she handle the whole thing very well though she wish things have gone better for her:manny:

After the year they dedicated to her, she must not shooting about creative team and bookers. She talked surely about the kayfabe loss, we know she's smart and she wouldn't fall in arguable phrases in a wwe.com interview. Also in my opinion i don't find a good reason in the eventual winning of the tag team titles by Ziggler & Langston, it would not be changed anything and surely we will not see Ziggler cash in, instead now we can still hope it tonight.

AJ was the ONLY diva appeared in Wrestlemania. Stop.
If they don't put an anonymous Divas Champion on the main card of the most important event of the year it's not her fault. So she must be gratified on it.

For that video, I think it's kayfabe, but it's possible she could be using real disappointment to drive her performance, kinda like how actors reflect on past memories to help them shed tears :manny:

Even though I am a self-admitted AJ mark, I agree with some of these statements. It would not make AJ look right if she was all boo-hoo about not wrestling on Mania, considering the year she had in 2012. She was the GENERAL MANAGER OF RAW for Christ's sake.

So yeah, while it would have been great to see her wrestle at WM, especially considering the fact that it's in her hometown, I think AJ is extremely grateful and satisfied that she even made the show at all, and even though I dislike that mindset that some superstars have (happy just to make on TV, but not enough drive to take it to the next level and be world champ or whatevs), in this case, I will make an exception, because while AJ got her spot, and rightfully so, guys like Cody, Sandow, and Cesaro, didn't. I feel more bad for those guys than I would for AJ.

But like Lannister said, the tears and the line "Not what I wanted" may have been in reference to Ziggler and Big E not winning the tag straps, which would be the right kayfabe thing to say. If so, that's a GREAT acting job by AJ.

Again, AJ not wrestling on the card this year is not the end of the world. She has all the time to keep improving her skills, moveset, build even more towards her character over the next year, so that by the time WrestleMania XXX rolls around, or maybe even sooner, when AJ becomes Divas Champion, that moment will be all the more special. It would feel incredibly rushed if they did it now. Also, she needs to be a babyface to make the moment more satisfying to complete her underdog story.

Now again, this all depends on whether or not WWE will even give a flying fukk about the Divas division to spend that time building up someone (whether it be Kaitlyn or whomever) to be that perfect counterpart to AJ, that Trish to her Lita.

And that's my 2 cents. :yeshrug:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I keep hearing Trips isn't too keen on the Divas Division, so who knows how long it will remain in shambles. I'm not even sure AJ winning the title is enough to revitalize it on it's own, but we'll see. A proper build to a match at Extreme Rules would be a start. If she were to win it now, it's not because she deserved it, but because it would help give off the image of a power couple for her to have a strap of her own next to the new WHC Dolph.

and I'm with Maize in that I wish to see her win it as a babyface, but that doesn't look likely right now. Team Rocket is looking like it's gonna last for a while longer *sigh*

joegeo

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I keep hearing Trips isn't too keen on the Divas Division, so who knows how long it will remain in shambles. I'm not even sure AJ winning the title is enough to revitalize it on it's own, but we'll see. A proper build to a match at Extreme Rules would be a start. If she were to win it now, it's not because she deserved it, but because it would help give off the image of a power couple for her to have a strap of her own next to the new WHC Dolph.

and I'm with Maize in that I wish to see her win it as a babyface, but that doesn't look likely right now. Team Rocket is looking like it's gonna last for a while longer *sigh*

Well Trips does overlook NXT and they have a pretty strong divas division there.

So it can be a case of Trips not being keen on the division, but still seeing it has value for the company.

Maizeandbluekid

Early 2010's OG
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

As long as Stephanie is there, there will be some focus on the Divas division, just depends on how much it will be.

And about keeping AJ/Ziggler together, they may just keep having Dolph losing matches, and have it culminate in him attempting to cash in... AND HE FAILS! He could then blame it on AJ for "distracting" him in some way shape or fashion, and ZiggLee would be no more. :blessed:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As long as Stephanie is there, there will be some focus on the Divas division, just depends on how much it will be.

And about keeping AJ/Ziggler together, they may just keep having Dolph losing matches, and have it culminate in him attempting to cash in... AND HE FAILS! He could then blame it on AJ for "distracting" him in some way shape or fashion, and ZiggLee would be no more. :blessed:

I would love for that to happen, but I have a feeling Dolph's losing streak came to an end last night, and now his push will begin. If it happens, at least it will put AJ back in the spotlight again, that's the positive out of this.

Kratos

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For that video, I think it's kayfabe, but it's possible she could be using real disappointment to drive her performance, kinda like how actors reflect on past memories to help them shed tears :manny:

AJ has said that when she's out there performing, the emotions she feels are real during that moment, so she is employing some form of method acting. The thing is, when she's in character, she usually cries or goes "nuts". She NEVER tries to hold it in and keep her composure. In those vids, she's trying hard not to lose it. She talked about her journey and coming home and stuff, which means she was being AJ Mendez, then suddenly she "supposedly" went into kayfabe mode. Then there's the vid of her looking sad PRIOR to the match when she was putting on her make-up. I guess it's possible the reality of the situation hit home for her - that she finally made it to the big show, but when one does a heel interview, one should stay in heel character. Talking about your real self is not the way to get over as a villainess.

She seems like a nice girl, but for her sake, she needs to stop being such a mark for the business. Even the way she talked last week about Ziggler and how no one deserves the title more because he's a great company man, etc. Listen, if she were in character, I get it, because Bobby Heenan used to do that all the time (stay in character and push the talent during interviews and promote upcoming bouts) and he was a MASTER at it, but she was clearly AJ Mendez when she was talking. Even her tweet tonight is markish.

Congratulations to my baby Ziggy @heelziggler. No one works harder or deserves it more. No one. I'm so happy right now.

This is not the tweet of a heel manager/girlfriend which is expected. She's coming off like a fan and it's very annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.