AJ Griffin retiring because he thinks the rapture is coming?

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
This is what people fail to grasp.

The Black/Bubonic Plague killed off between 75 and 200 million people in only a few years (1347-1352). I'm pretty sure those folks thought it was the end of the world then, too (crazy thing is, nowadays antibiotics would take care of it right away).
Technically it was the end of the world as they knew it
Except we don't know if there's nothing wrong though.

Stepping away from the game because you value something else more is not inherently wrong, but this brotha taking about how "the rapture is coming". I don't know about y'all, but it doesn't seem like he's in the right mental space to be making those types of life-changing decisions.

:manny:
yeah I feel you, but at the same time we live in a world with nuclear weapons, mass genocides that still continue, social media induced mental illness infecting more and more people, celebrity and athlete worship on the level of new gods practically etc, pretty much the only real positive in humanity rn is we got more tech to be lazier

Not that I'm saying rapture is happening but this is just a result many people are coming to because we live under complete psychos that want to fukk, kill, and buy literally everything on earth

PatCake

Alkali Nonmetals
Daps
Reppin
I, for one, welcome our new space overlords.
Mental illness being a 'savage' crib or gangster that shoots and kills other black men who wear a 'wrong' color. No job, no prospects. Just raging lunatics who's entire personality is hating other black people. No one can enter your 'territory' if they're black. White boys, policemen come and do as they please but black people better wear red or know a gang sigb. But around here it's called being a 'real one'.

Mental illness is 40 year old fathering 3 kids with 3 different women but still so self involved and hedonistic he can spend a whole week partying and 'balling' without talking to a single of of his kids. Still persuing more women amd living like it's all about him. Around here it's called being a 'high value man', coz "these hoes deserve less", riiiiight.

I'm not a very religious man myself but I wouldn't take y'alls life advice if I was homeless.

At least this young man is not hurting anyone but insecure degerates.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's nothing wrong with stepping away from the game due to religious regions, it's a game not an obligation.
it's fukking stupid

it's highly unlikely that there's a magic jewish zombie sitting in the clouds with his dad, watching everything we do. and even if there is, 90% of humans who ever existed didn't believe in him, so who gives a fukk?

childish nonsense

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

He means the King (LeBron) is retiring soon and coming back to the real world during NBA season.
full

"Jesus reigns above it all [...] Time is short."

Clear James Harden reference. See this thread:
Harden scores 48 in Portland, Turns into Jesus on the COURT!!

He''s in Houston. He knows about the old Beard. He means now that Wayoff P is gone and it's just Kawhi and Beard, expect Harden to have a season for the ages as his time in the NBA is running out. Incoming MVP+ ring. :banderas:

Let it be prophesied :wow:

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Except we don't know if there's nothing wrong though.

Stepping away from the game because you value something else more is not inherently wrong, but this brotha taking about how "the rapture is coming". I don't know about y'all, but it doesn't seem like he's in the right mental space to be making those types of life-changing decisions.

:manny:
He's in some fukking cult no doubt

This video hasn't aged at all

All them cult following scamming groups are the same. They scare gullible people with lies like end of the world is coming, etc. and keep them on the leash paying various membership fees or doing work for them for free and so on.

He'll be back in basketball in a few years after he runs out of money

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
Christian or not he should be aware the rapture is completely made up if he's done some reading lol.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
The scriptures teach that no man knows the day or the hour of the most highs return

However, it does teach that you’ll know the time is near through signs and events

If he wants to leave basketball to make sure his relationship is stronger with the creator then what is the problem - you unhappy negroes are sad

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
The scriptures teach that no man knows the day or the hour of the most highs return

However, it does teach that you’ll know the time is near through signs and events

If he wants to leave basketball to make sure his relationship is stronger with the creator then what is the problem - you unhappy negroes are sad

Yup also says 1 day is like a thousand years

So even if the signs point to last days could still be thousand of years

OnlyOneBoss

Superstar
Daps
Why would God want you to stop using your talents he gave you to create generational wealth for your family? :why:

Like take a step bad and think about it, how does that make sense

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Something tells me he's going to regret this decision eventually

I would say he'll definitely look back at 35 with nothing but regret...

...but what's more likely to happen is that other coming to jesus moment hits him in a few years + therapy, and we see him tryna get back in the league to salvage a career.