AI song featuring fake Drake and Weeknd vocals pulled from streaming services

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
I'm against stifling the technology itself but you'd have to be a fool to think trying to profit off this is gonna fly.

Yeah it'll be some new law regarding stealing intellectual property or something that will tax the creator to oblivion.
Artist will now get paid from having a sound worth copying.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Just shows how robotic Drake is. :yeshrug:
Heā€™s not robotic, heā€™s formulated

Most artists are

Like I said, all AI is doing is basically trying to predict how an artist WOULD sound, given parameters, and itā€™s based off shyt theyā€™ve already done in the past.

Most music can be considered robotic these daysā€¦ from time stretching to match tempos, effects, mixing engineers that cover up vocal mistakes, etc.

AI doesnā€™t have an original idea to create a song. I think it could be a great tool for referencing though, but flat out copying artist is not going to work.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you donā€™t know God
Supporter
Daps
The facts the song is good although the piano melody is ehh is crazy
We living in strange times

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
I wonder what AI they used. If I could clone a voice from an acapella or something...

:ohhh:
They just used their voices and had someone in a studio record the verses imitating them. Thereā€™s some AI program where they sync the AI voice to another acapella.

Unlike most AI mashups out there which use the filtered acapella from songs, which is why it is usually ā€œhit or missā€ and sounds off.

Most likely it was some Asian dude. Thatā€™s why if you listen closely you can hear an accent.

The AI voice by itself is basically useless and people will almost always be able to spot that itā€™s fake unless itā€™s a near perfect match. Technology isnā€™t advanced enough. Thatā€™s why they had to record a new song trying to sound like the artists themselves.

Iā€™m surprised a lot more people arenā€™t doing this.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Jesus christ that shyt sounds real as fukk

someone wrote the lyrics, rapped and sung it then replaced the vocals.

when they figure out how to get A.I to rap in different styles on it's own, it'll just complete the cipher(generate lyrics -> choose/generate rapping style -> choose/generate vocals).

Last edited:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
They donā€™t even realize how bad this makes them look

Basically scared AI can make a better song than they currently could

You don't understand that music is hard to make. A 3 min song can take 30hrs to create, or even weeks.

So if an AI is able to make it in 20 seconds, of course they're worried. You would be too if you're being honest

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
AI is the future for almost EVERYTHING. Marks my words. In 30 years, AI will replace actual humans over a lot of shyt.
:wow:

The song is a fukking banger.

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
They just used their voices and had someone in a studio record the verses imitating them. Thereā€™s some AI program where they sync the AI voice to another acapella.

Unlike most AI mashups out there which use the filtered acapella from songs, which is why it is usually ā€œhit or missā€ and sounds off.

Most likely it was some Asian dude. Thatā€™s why if you listen closely you can hear an accent.

The AI voice by itself is basically useless and people will almost always be able to spot that itā€™s fake unless itā€™s a near perfect match. Technology isnā€™t advanced enough. Thatā€™s why they had to record a new song trying to sound like the artists themselves.

Iā€™m surprised a lot more people arenā€™t doing this.
This is the disrupter for new artists in my opinion. A dude thatā€™s a talented writer can now blend his voice with drake or wiz to be just distinct enough

bnew

Veteran
Daps
This is the disrupter for new artists in my opinion. A dude thatā€™s a talented writer can now blend his voice with drake or wiz to be just distinct enough

or just pilfer a voice they like from a dead underground artist who never got industry backing, this is gonna lead to wild stuff.