Ahsoka | Disney+ | August 23rd 2023 | starring Rosario Dawson

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also...ummm.....Jacen (kid with green hair) was suppose to be a Solo in the original canon. They're gonna build on him as a new character in the future. He should have a sister named Jaina. Would be dope if he turns sith like the old canon too.

I knew that name sounded familiar but i wasnt deep in the star wars EU books. Jacen was supposed to be Kylo ren right?

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Yeah everything looked cool and all, but I don't get what the point of their interaction was. Would have been nice to see the actual Anakin pop up like Obi-Wan and Yoda did, say something about the trying to kill her and the rest of the galaxy and all, having a Jedi son...but oh well
I think that was Anakin.

She already knows about Luke. Thus is about her legacy.

This was more like Yoda in the Last Jedi. He burned the tree to teach Luke a lesson about how he was living his life.

Last edited:

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
It was a good ep but you cant tell me the dialogue was :stopitslime:, and the clone wars scenes didnt feel integrated. But its suppose to be a memory so I guess it makes sense. Im also kinda lost on the overall purpose of it. I need to rewatch again.

I give it another 4/5

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Was decent episode. Enjoyed seeing Anakin in his Clone Wars armor. To me, that look is precursor to the Vader armor so it’s nice to see it live action. Other than that, the dialogue between the two of them was weaker than I would have wanted. Everything else about the show was mid to low.

It could have been a whole episode with that flashback and I would have been happier.

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
Filoni came through :blessed:

The clone wars flashbacks were probably the most beautiful scenes in star wars live action history. Imagine if they redid the best of episodes of clone wars in live action.

My throat started feeling funny when Anakin called her snips. Was that the young gomorrah actress from Avengers?

Where was Luke when Ahsoka was on the grind like this?

Last edited:

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
Also...ummm.....Jacen (kid with green hair) was suppose to be a Solo in the original canon. They're gonna build on him as a new character in the future. He should have a sister named Jaina. Would be dope if he turns sith like the old canon too.

Problem is they're tied in to the shyt plot of the sequels. So he doesn't have much of a future lol.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
What a shot :whew:

PXL-20230913-013106756-PORTRAIT-ORIGINAL.jpg
She briefly gave into the dark side when she thought Sabine was dead in ep 4. She yeeted Shin into that rock.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
THIS is why you make a Star Wars series :ohlawd: so many little things were able to breathe and teased for later instead of exposition dumps that a film would require.

Filoni showed the fukk out. Go make that Thrawn movie breh and let us eat :blessed: Clone Wars, Rebels, Mandalorian and Ahsoka all converging for a final epic showdown with Thrawn in IMAX is gonna be :wow:

The purgill sequence was sooo fukking cool, I was in awe and even got a little emotional, I think the music low key got me to put on top of everything else going on :wow:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
If Dave pulls this into a different galaxy the sequels can co-exist and no longer be referenced ... Katherine can stay in skywalker land and Dave does real SW and EU land
Valid point. I did post a bit of a somewhat spoiler that says Ezra and Thrawn are in star wars version of a multiverse which is why they can't be found.

This could also bring back a new version of Luke Skywalker, Han and Leia in the future thus scrapping all of Kennedy's work.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
honestly, why do they even use it... whats wrong with make-up
I agreed with this after last weeks episode, but I have to admit this one NEEDED the CGI de-aging because of what they wanted to do with the story flashbacks :yeshrug:

Good episode overall, it was really cool seeing Clone Wars Anakin and Ahsoka. Acting was great.

I do kind of have one major complaint though...I don't really get the point of the flashback? I mean it was cool and everything, but from a narrative standpoint I don't really see the purpose...force ghost Anakin came back just to say " Don't die?". I mean, I didn't really get the impression that Ahsoka wanted to die in the first place so I'm just not sure why it was needed. I wish Anakin had something more interesting or profound to say.

It's the same with them bringing back Qui-Gon for Obi-Wan only for him to show up at the very end and basically not say anything but "Hey! Here I am!". If you're going to go through the trouble of bringing back these actors at least give their characters something deep or interesting to say.

I think the purpose is a little silly, but I liked the episode so I'm letting them get away with it:
I think this episode was meant to be the equivalent to to Luke's final Jedi "test" in the cave on Dagobah in Empire Strikes Back.
Luke goes into the cave and "fails" the test by getting into a lightsaber fight with the vision of Vader that he has.
So I think the purpose of the visions in this episode was to serve as Ahsoka's final Jedi test...the ability to "win" a confrontation WITHOUT striking down the enemy with your lightsaber.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I agreed with this after last weeks episode, but I have to admit this one NEEDED the CGI de-aging because of what they wanted to do with the story flashbacks :yeshrug:

I think the purpose is a little silly, but I liked the episode so I'm letting them get away with it:
I think this episode was meant to be the equivalent to to Luke's final Jedi "test" in the cave on Dagobah in Empire Strikes Back.
Luke goes into the cave and "fails" the test by getting into a lightsaber fight with the vision of Vader that he has.
So I think the purpose of the visions in this episode was to serve as Ahsoka's final Jedi test...the ability to "win" a confrontation WITHOUT striking down the enemy with your lightsaber.
I think you’re right about the first part being the final test like Luke. But the point of not striking down Vader was to redeem him and keep Luke from falling to the dark side.

Neither of those situations are related to Ahsoka.

She needed to see herself as more than a warrior like Anakin. “All I have to teach my padawan?”

She and Sabine fell out as master and padawan. She has basically been living alone on her ship with no home and no connections. Only when she faced Anakin-Vader and made a choice on her own about how to act did she win.

I think how she reunites with Sabine will we see how she’s changed.