Ahsoka | Disney+ | August 23rd 2023 | starring Rosario Dawson

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Good episode overall, it was really cool seeing Clone Wars Anakin and Ahsoka. Acting was great.

I do kind of have one major complaint though...I don't really get the point of the flashback? I mean it was cool and everything, but from a narrative standpoint I don't really see the purpose...force ghost Anakin came back just to say " Don't die?". I mean, I didn't really get the impression that Ahsoka wanted to die in the first place so I'm just not sure why it was needed. I wish Anakin had something more interesting or profound to say.

It's the same with them bringing back Qui-Gon for Obi-Wan only for him to show up at the very end and basically not say anything but "Hey! Here I am!". If you're going to go through the trouble of bringing back these actors at least give their characters something deep or interesting to say.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, I will say this episode captured the wonderment aspect of Star Wars with the space whales :wow:. A lot of dope visuals with them and the memory/flashback with young Ashoka during the Clone Wars.

I remember listening to the Midnight Boys and Van mentioned how the Jedi were using child soldiers and seeing young Ashoka on the battlefield had me :picard: . Was hoping to get a brief tease with Sabine and the others, by the end of the episode but I can wait till next week.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
This was the “Empire Strikes Back” of the series. Holy shyt…:wow:

It captured the essence of Star Wars so well that’s its breath taking. Dave Filoni should have been given the keys to run the Star Wars universe from jump. He just GETS IT :damn:

The live action call backs to “Clone Wars” gave me goosebumps because they really took it there :whoo:

Best dialogue of the series IMO:

Ahsoka: “I will not fight you :whoa:

Anakin: “I’ve heard that before :youngsabo:

I could go on and on…but this was just great :to:

If any Star Wars fans complain about this episode then you just don’t ever want to be happy :pacspit:

Last edited:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Good episode overall, it was really cool seeing Clone Wars Anakin and Ahsoka. Acting was great.

I do kind of have one major complaint though...I don't really get the point of the flashback? I mean it was cool and everything, but from a narrative standpoint I don't really see the purpose...force ghost Anakin came back just to say " Don't die?". I mean, I didn't really get the impression that Ahsoka wanted to die in the first place so I'm just not sure why it was needed. I wish Anakin had something more interesting or profound to say.

It's the same with them bringing back Qui-Gon for Obi-Wan only for him to show up at the very end and basically not say anything but "Hey! Here I am!". If you're going to go through the trouble of bringing back these actors at least give their characters something deep or interesting to say.
I don’t think they’ve gotten to the point of the flashback.

They keep mentioning Ahsoka being of a legacy. Baylan said hers was like Anakin. Death and destruction. Then she sees Anakin.

Teen Ahsoka actress did really good.

Space Whale pulled a get in losers we’re getting yogurt!

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
What a shot :whew:

PXL-20230913-013106756-PORTRAIT-ORIGINAL.jpg

Makes me want to see Ahsoka turn to the dark side :lupe:

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest

Yeah everything looked cool and all, but I don't get what the point of their interaction was. Would have been nice to see the actual Anakin pop up like Obi-Wan and Yoda did, say something about the trying to kill her and the rest of the galaxy and all, having a Jedi son. A real conversation between the two rather than flashback easter eggs...but oh well

Last edited: