Again...The Official 2013-14 Season Thread for YOUR Defending and Reigning NBA Champion- Miami Heat

WaddupDoe!

Steez.
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang.
Rio's postgame fit tho. :wow:
9hlob.jpg

mj-laughing.gif

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who heard Tim Legler on Collin Cowherd today saying Rio missed like 12 straight 3-pointers during warm ups? Spo better bench dude before he needs a sports psychiatrist.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Am I the only one who would want other players besides Melo? Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind Melo but I think there are better alternatives that include multiple big signings. I think they could have bargained down 2-3 other big name players but maybe this Melo leak is just cover to do just that.

We'll see.

WaddupDoe!

Steez.
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang.
Am I the only one who would want other players besides Melo? Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind Melo but I think there are better alternatives that include multiple big signings. I think they could have bargained down 2-3 other big name players but maybe this Melo leak is just cover to do just that.

We'll see.
i actually agree with you. But who is going to be out there that we can sign? That can help lessen the load on Bron. That would be the reason Melo would come here, because he can carry the team, while Bron rest up during the reg season.

edit: a big that i actually wouldnt mind adding is Tyson Chandler. But he doesnt become a free agent till 2015. He would help out our defense so much. The only down side is that he isnt much a offensive threat.

Last edited:

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water

We'll see.
Depends on who the players are. Say you can walk away with one wing, one big man, and a point for what you pay Melo, I'd be all for it.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
i actually agree with you. But who is going to be out there that we can sign? That can help lessen the load on Bron. That would be the reason Melo would come here, because he can carry the team, while Bron rest up during the reg season.

I'd rather have a combination of the following (permitting that everyone agrees to take less and that randolph opts out): ZBO, Gay, Bledsoe, Gortat, or Lowry

A legit PG and a big man/rebounder. It's a dream scenario but I'd take 2 or 3 of the list above as opposed to only getting Melo. Maybe even get Gasol and/or Pierce to come off the bench.

Melo by himself might be the most realistic option though. I can wish.

Reverend Jesse Jackson

Somebody I Am
Daps

We'll see.

Getting Melo for 13-15 million is a bargain breh, if you can do it you have to. Two mediocre FA players getting paid 6-8 million won't do that. And will Bosh/Wade/Bron even want to take paycuts for those players (I don't even know who those players are this year)

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Getting Melo for 13-15 million is a bargain breh, if you can do it you have to. Two mediocre FA players getting paid 6-8 million won't do that. And will Bosh/Wade/Bron even want to take paycuts for those players (I don't even know who those players are this year)

I'm talking about getting two high paid FA to come down in salary. See above. Melo might be the more realistic option, I was merely advocating what I wish the Heat would do, not what they will

Reverend Jesse Jackson

Somebody I Am
Daps
I'd rather have a combination of the following (permitting that everyone agrees to take less and that randolph opts out): ZBO, Gay, Bledsoe, Gortat, or Lowry

A legit PG and a big man/rebounder. It's a dream scenario but I'd take 2 or 3 of the list above as opposed to only getting Melo. Maybe even get Gasol and/or Pierce to come off the bench.

Melo by himself might be the most realistic option though. I can wish.

ZBO (99% staying in Memphis; if not will want a big pay day)
Gay ( won't let 20 million go next year; if he does will want 10-12 million)
Bledsoe (is RFA; so he getting PAID regardless)
Gortat (Washington is gonna pay him BIG; gonna get paid around 10-12 million regardless
Lowry (getting 10-12 million)

You won't be able to get 2 of these players on your team realistically next year.

Carmelo for 13-15 million is a BARGAIN brehs