After The Zimmerman Trial And What It Means For Us...

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
just look at the original post. homey said he couldnt sleep. n he isnt the only one that felt that way. plenty of people are extremely upset by this whole thing but nobody loses sleep over anybody else. nobody made a coli thread about losing sleep over the numerous little kids that have been injured or killed by stray bullets in hoods all over america. maybe u get an "aw that sucks" or "damn thats fukked up" here and there for a few weeks but their names are erased as quickly as they appeared in our memories.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
and the mainstream media coverage has not been nowhere near as fair in terms of reporting it.

im not just talking about mainstream media tho. i live in new york city and whenever somebody gets hit by a stray in the hood, its like a 2 day story. dudes around me dont even talk about it.

yea theres always groups that stand against it, but im talking about the average joe. the average joe does not care as much as they do with this case.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just look at the original post. homey said he couldnt sleep. n he isnt the only one that felt that way. plenty of people are extremely upset by this whole thing but nobody loses sleep over anybody else. nobody made a coli thread about losing sleep over the numerous little kids that have been injured or killed by stray bullets in hoods all over america. maybe u get an "aw that sucks" or "damn thats fukked up" here and there for a few weeks but their names are erased as quickly as they appeared in our memories.

I wish I could neg you twice.

So we shouldn't treat Trayvon like a special case. Love how you conveniently skip over the fact that this case just set a dangerous precedent for black-white relations in this country.

They just told whites it's ok to put ******s down and there will be no consequence as long as they create a "stand your ground" story to back it.

Trayvon's case is just as important to us as Emmitt Till, Sean Bell, Oscar Grant, and countless others. STOP TELLING US TO WORRY ABOUT BLACK ON BLACK CRIME, WHEN WE LET YOU MIND YOUR WHITE ON WHITE BUSINESS. THIS IS A US VS THEM SITUATION, AND NOW LEGALLY THE WHITE COMMUNITY HAS THE RIGHT TO SHOOT TO KILL, WITHOUT ANY REMORSE OR FEAR OF PERSECUTION.

Trayvon is ABSOLUTELY more important than those others, like it or not.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I wish I could neg you twice.

So we shouldn't treat Trayvon like a special case. Love how you conveniently skip over the fact that this case just set a dangerous precedent for black-white relations in this country.

They just told whites it's ok to put ******s down and there will be no consequence as long as they create a "stand your ground" story to back it.

Trayvon's case is just as important to us as Emmitt Till, Sean Bell, Oscar Grant, and countless others. STOP TELLING US TO WORRY ABOUT BLACK ON BLACK CRIME, WHEN WE LET YOU MIND YOUR WHITE ON WHITE BUSINESS. THIS IS A US VS THEM SITUATION, AND NOW LEGALLY THE WHITE COMMUNITY HAS THE RIGHT TO SHOOT TO KILL, WITHOUT ANY REMORSE OR FEAR OF PERSECUTION.

Trayvon is ABSOLUTELY more important than those others, like it or not.

:ohhh: sorry sharpton i didnt know u posted on the coli

:youngsabo:

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
yea theres always groups that stand against it, but im talking about the average joe. the average joe does not care as much as they do with this case.

well duh, you can't always reach EVERY SINGLE PERSON. :ohhh:

some people don't care and some do. that's life.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpTktfMFyMQ[/ame]

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
well duh, you can't always reach EVERY SINGLE PERSON. :ohhh:

some people don't care and some do. that's life.

yea but im talking overall, the reaction of the average joe to this case. if that same reaction applied to every case maybe murders might get lower and education become a bigger priority in our community.

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
yea but im talking overall, the reaction of the average joe to this case. if that same reaction applied to every case maybe murders might get lower and education become a bigger priority in our community.

IMO it comes down to better parenting and getting kids out of street gangs but that's an uphill battle black people have been fighting for YEARS and are still struggling with. :yeshrug:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
IMO it comes down to better parenting and getting kids out of street gangs but that's an uphill battle black people have been fighting for YEARS and are still struggling with. :yeshrug:

i agree. my point is that the amount of awareness that surrounds this case should also surround the main problems in minority communities. im not saying people shouldnt be outraged over the martin case, im saying bring that same outrage towards ourselves and our own sins that hold back our own communities.

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps

Especially when the first things to go when city budget cuts come is after school programs, summer programs, etc.

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
i agree. my point is that the amount of awareness that surrounds this case should also surround the main problems in minority communities. im not saying people shouldnt be outraged over the martin case, im saying bring that same outrage towards ourselves and our own sins that hold back our own communities.

but we also need a bigger media outlet to bring awareness to that.

the difference was this case was plastered over every major media outlet you can name.

there was a ton off outrage over the death of jonylah watkin in the black community but on a national scale it did not receive as much attention. not to mention the suspect was immediately arrested and charged which is completly different from what the zimmerman case was about. some cases get more attention. white people kill their kids all the time but america was interested in the casey anthony trial. that's life. doesn't mean every time something happens people need to completely change the subject to something completely unrelated to the current topic.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
but we also need a bigger media outlet to bring awareness to that.

the difference was this case was plastered over every major media outlet you can name.

there was a ton off outrage over the death of jonylah watkin in the black community but on a national scale it did not receive as much attention.

not to mention the suspect was immediately arrested and charged which is completly different from what the zimmerman case was about.

thats what im saying tho why people have to wait for something to be big news for it to become important? we need to be more aware of our own issues without needing CNN or FOX news to bring it to our attention. the sad thing is i believe that if somehow CNN or FOX hadnt covered this more than the average story, less people would care.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
some cases get more attention. white people kill their kids all the time but america was interested in the casey anthony trial. that's life. doesn't mean every time something happens people need to completely change the subject to something completely unrelated to the current topic.

i bring up other topics to try to show the overall picture. we cant be so narrow minded we have to think big picture. the most narrow minded among us have this story in their head "trayvon was walking down the street eating skittles and drinking arizona tea and zimmerman walked up to him, called him a ******, and shot him in the face and then he got away with it by claiming trayvon attacked him"

narrow mindedness is a dangerous thing. clouds judgement. just like the jurors were narrow minded because they judged trayvon as a thug because they refused to see the big picture outside of their own prejudice.

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
thats what im saying tho why people have to wait for something to be big news for it to become important? we need to be more aware of our own issues without needing CNN or FOX news to bring it to our attention. the sad thing is i believe that if somehow CNN or FOX hadnt covered this more than the average story, less people would care.

black people are aware of gang violence tho? and you just admitted that there are groups that care about it.

of course a major news network promoting most of their programming to the trial is going to make people listen.

local news can only reach so many people.

if a song is played on every radio station 100 times a day and is in on constant rotation everywhere, it's going to get more attention than a random song on someones soundcloud

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
black people are aware of gang violence tho? and you just admitted that there are groups that care about it.

of course a major news network promoting most of their programming to the trial is going to make people listen.

local news can only reach so many people.

if a song is played on every radio station 100 times a day and is in on constant rotation everywhere, it's going to get more attention than a random song on someones soundcloud

yes BUT u said other problems in the community dont have as much awareness because they arent covered as much. Im saying WHY do they have to be covered for us to be aware of them? its OUR community and we need some white/jewish run news station to promote them for us to do something about it?

there are VERY small groups that care but i want the average joe to care. that average joe that never voted til obama ran or never watches the news but had his face in the tv during the trayvon trial. i want HIM to be outraged over the other problems. thats all im saying. most of these people protesting over trayvon are not wrong in protesting, but they dont give a shyt about anything else in the hood. everything else is just status quo.

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
yes BUT u said other problems in the community dont have as much awareness because they arent covered as much. Im saying WHY do they have to be covered for us to be aware of them? its OUR community and we need some white/jewish run news station to promote them for us to do something about it?

there are VERY small groups that care but i want the average joe to care. that average joe that never voted til obama ran or never watches the news but had his face in the tv during the trayvon trial. i want HIM to be outraged over the other problems. thats all im saying. most of these people protesting over trayvon are not wrong in protesting, but they dont give a shyt about anything else in the hood. everything else is just status quo.

and i just told you can't reach EVERY person? :what:

i can't MAKE every person care. if i could nobody would join gangs and get a fukking education.

some people are stuck in their ways and no amount of protesting is going to completely stop street gangs. that's why parents need to raise their kids right so they don't want to be a apart of that life.