After Sunday we need to decide what The Film Room’s GOAT prestige drama tv show is (poll ends FRIDAY)

Choose TWO. Your GOAT modern prestige drama series. (Tiers discussion below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The Americans is better than every show in its tier, and probably the tier above it. Classic show, Phil is a goat tier TV character, acting performance on par with the GOAT performances imo
This.

Billions shouldn’t even be mentioned in this thread and I say this as someone who still enjoys the show.

Both Top Boy and Ozark should be knocked down a tier.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
The second season of Friday Night Lights disqualifies it even though the seasons after it were great.

And if we’re talking sci-fi then The Expanse deserves a spot on the list.
This furthers my point that almost no shows out of pantheon will have NO bad seasons. Friday night lights was still elite despite that.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
This.

Billions shouldn’t even be mentioned in this thread and I say this as someone who still enjoys the show.

Both Top Boy and Ozark should be knocked down a tier.
Y'all convincing me on the Americans. I wouldn't know but y'all seem passionate.

I can't see Ozark going down, I'm passionate about top boy though (that's crazy :dame:) and unless y'all REALLY think it should be bumped down or others speak up ...idk

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Do feel like Sci-Fi should be included since The Expanse, X-Files, and Battlestar Galatica are presitge dramas. Especially since Lost is included on the list.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Do feel like Sci-Fi should be included since The Expanse, X-Files, and Battlestar Galatica are presitge dramas. Especially since Lost is included on the list.
Honestly x-files is an entire generation before these shows really, and like I said, if we do suddenly we're including star trek, all 10 of its shows, star gate, Dr who, all the star wars shows, arguably the marvel shows, black mirror, it never ends.

It's just a different genre. I can take off lost and we can do sci fi next if that makes more sense

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
:heh: okay Doctor Who disqualified off rip. I understand

:francis: but where Justified at. Southland needs a nod as well

Edit: as one of the biggest Doctor Who stans on this board, I will honestly say Doctor Who shouldn't be on anyone's non-biased list. Me and my girl be talking about it. The show feels more like an anthology than a legit "Series", with each Doctor's tenure/arc feeling different than others'. And arcs ranging from "fukking FIRE" (12th Doctor, 11th at times) to mid/good (13th) to bad (13th's first season). And that's not counting the "classic" series.

Not saying anyone else's is gonna try to vouch, but hey, opinions be heard

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Lol @ power in the same category as FNL or snowfall and Atlanta (is this really a prestige drama…seems like prestige comedy) being ranked above them.
Power was every bit as popular as those shows in it's prime, and it was worthy of starting there as a discussion piece. Less people had problems with that than GoT.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
:heh: okay Doctor Who disqualified off rip. I understand

:francis: but where Justified at. Southland needs a nod as well

Edit: as one of the biggest Doctor Who stans on this board, I will honestly say Doctor Who shouldn't be on anyone's non-biased list. Me and my girl be talking about it. The show feels more like an anthology than a legit "Series", with each Doctor's tenure/arc feeling different than others'. And arcs ranging from "fukking FIRE" (12th Doctor, 11th at times) to mid/good (13th) to bad (13th's first season). And that's not counting the "classic" series.

Not saying anyone else's is gonna try to vouch, but hey, opinions be heard
My father is a triple OG, original to today, Dr who fan..

I encourage someone next week to do this same thread with Sci fi. I can see some HEATED debates.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Power was every bit as popular as those shows in it's prime, and it was worthy of starting there as a discussion piece. Less people had problems with that than GoT.
Popular and being there based on quality levels, which those tiers are, are two separate things. Empire was once wildly popular too, and it makes no tier. Power never had good acting or strong writing and handily fell to shyt by season 4, half its run was pure trash. It’s high key disrespect to put that show in that tier, I don’t care what hood popularity pass it gets

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Popular and being there based on quality levels, which those tiers are, are two separate things. Empire was once wildly popular too, and it makes no tier. Power never had good acting or strong writing and handily fell to shyt by season 4, half its run was pure trash. It’s high key disrespect to our that show in the tier, I don’t care what hood popularity pass it gets
It was a starting point..I actually agree with you.

Not sure why that warranted a one star rating though lol