After Sunday we need to decide what The Film Room’s GOAT prestige drama tv show is (poll ends FRIDAY)

Choose TWO. Your GOAT modern prestige drama series. (Tiers discussion below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait I just realized. How you have Ozarks in this but not Boardwalk?

Ozarks is mid to be honest. Its boosted by it being on Netflix where everything else is slightly below average to trash. Its decent veiewing but it shouldn't be on this list. If you need something from netflix than Orange is the new black is better than Ozark. Stranger things is even better

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
As shytty as GoT season 8 was, the show is still goat tier from previous seasons so thats an auto pick for me cuz no show is seeing GoT in its prime. While Sopranos was dope, I had to go Breaking Bad for my 2nd choice cuz i kept craving episodes when one would end.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait I just realized. How you have Ozarks in this but not Boardwalk?

Ozarks is mid to be honest. Its boosted by it being on Netflix where everything else is slightly below average to trash. Its decent veiewing but it shouldn't be on this list. If you need something from netflix than Orange is the new black is better than Ozark. Stranger things is even better
Yea I thought Ozark was overrated even though I enjoyed the first 3 seasons.
The last season was just weird

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Other questions:
  • Does Atlanta belong on the list
  • Does lost belong belong on the list

Yes, and Yes.

Atlanta, especially if cotdamn Barry is on the list. The writing and direction are top tier. The fact the the show is not as serialized as the rest, with weird narrative structures, etc - Alot of these shows have those elements in them.

Lost - I'd say that Oz was the beginning of "Prestige" TV. But Lost brought that to mainstream TV. If you're gonna include True Detective S1 and Game of Thones, Lost gets in there for sure.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
What about Supernatural?

Buffy the Vampire Slayer might deserve a look as well.

There's a line between a good TV show and "Prestige" TV - which I might think of as spending Movie Money on a TV show.

Cause when Mad Men was popping, it wasn't like NBC wasn't trying to do their own AMC type shows.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
If True Detective is getting a look

Severance and Andor were just as good and tense.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Yes, and Yes.

Atlanta, especially if cotdamn Barry is on the list. The writing and direction are top tier. The fact the the show is not as serialized as the rest, with weird narrative structures, etc - Alot of these shows have those elements in them.

Lost - I'd say that Oz was the beginning of "Prestige" TV. But Lost brought that to mainstream TV. If you're gonna include True Detective S1 and Game of Thones, Lost gets in there for sure.
I was the biggest proponent of Atlanta in this thread, I 100% agree. I got tired of the argument so just made its own category