After Sunday we need to decide what The Film Room’s GOAT prestige drama tv show is (poll ends FRIDAY)

Choose TWO. Your GOAT modern prestige drama series. (Tiers discussion below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Prolly shouldn’t even be on the poll, they are both 1 seeds (I’ve still never watched the sopranos tho)
Agreed. (I too haven’t seen The Sorpranos)

Those two will stay at the top of the mountain because they explored infrastructures that have never been seen in that way and created one of the greatest leading men and characters in Tony Soprano.

I think it’s far too soon to add The Last of Us. I’m all for shows, especially in the boom of streaming, holding the people’s full attention and becoming must see viewing like Succession has but it’s only been one season. I could say the same about Yellowjackets.

I’m not calling The Walking Dead great breh. Sorry I’m not doing it. That show’s been rattling around the shred bin for years.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I also was thinking yesterday that The Wire and The Sopranos should be left off. In the anime world there's the "Big 3". At first I just assumed Dragon Ball/Z had to be in there, but then found out that that's just held in it's own regard and the "Big 3" are three very popular anime that helped move the culture along post DB/Z. Kinda think The Wire and The Sopranos has to be looked at like DB/Z in that regard. Makes for more of these other shows actually getting votes.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
good to "fire" based on certain seasons.

but not "God Tier", based on certain seasons.

One of the things I've come to realize about modern TV is that a 20 episode season will severely fukk you up if you have a "bad" season.
Also add too many seasons can kill a show
4 to 6 seasons should be the sweet spot

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
good to "fire" based on certain seasons.

but not "God Tier", based on certain seasons.

One of the things I've come to realize about modern TV is that a 20 episode season will severely fukk you up if you have a "bad" season.
Damn.......have God in your show and not be a God Tier show brehs :wow:
Them first 5ish seasons of Supernatural were top tier. Them last seasons were good to serviceable though. The case of the week stuff helped a lot with that imo, but they focused way too long on the angels shyt.