After binge watching The Wire I can't believe how overrated it is.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I would've rather to kept it strictly to the streets.

You want it to be one way, but it's the other way.

Sounds like you wanted a simple show about gangsters doing gangster shyt. That's not the show....at all. The show is about the depth of corruption and incompetence in all levels of a city government that leads it to such fundamental disrepair.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
You want it to be one way, but it's the other way.

Sounds like you wanted a simple show about gangsters doing gangster shyt. That's not the show....at all. The show is about the depth of corruption and incompetence in all levels of a city government that leads it to such fundamental disrepair.

Well... They should did switched it up. It was interesting when they incorporated different cops.

Like I said. Season 4 was the pinacle because it corrected/made up for mistakes made in the first 3 seasons.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
8. The reason why season 2 is considered the weakest imo is because of the lazy writing and lazy plot.

What was lazy about the writing and plot? I rewatched the series a few months back and season 2 is arguably the strongest written season. I disagree with everything you said in this post but I'd love to see you back this up.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
What was lazy about the writing and plot? I rewatched the series a few months back and season 2 is arguably the strongest written season. I disagree with everything you said in this post but I'd love to see you back this up.

The ease at which they were able to infiltrate.

The whole reason why they started the investigation in the first place.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
im a get hate for this and I know it's a classic in many people's eyes but it seems like they took a good premise and stretched it out further than anticipated.

You can tell they cared about The Corner because it was based on a true story. It felt more organic and cohesive.

The Wire on the other hand while trying to have an overall theme with each season simply had too many WTF moments in the plot.

1. They focused way too much on McNulty's character. Watching it again for the first time in 3 years McNulty helped make the show weak.

2. I don't know how Stringer Bell held his title for that long. He made too many dumb decisions. His profile should've been the same as Avon. There was no need for him to be in court with D'Anglelo and Bird.

3. Bird getting convicted on the strength of Omar's testimony was just plain stupid.

4. Too many plot convience moments to ensure the cops prevailed in season 1, 2, and 5. The cops investigative skills were meh at best, including Lester.

5. Prop Joe went through the entire series without getting the same treatment as Barksdale and Stanfield.

6. The show became a full blown parody of itself in season 5.

7. Season 4 was probably the best one mainly because they didn't push much focus on the police.

8. The reason why season 2 is considered the weakest imo is because of the lazy writing and lazy plot.

Overall I think they tried to do too much and kept the show going based on fan support. I can't be mad at that but I know for a fact the creators never intended the show to run that long and it showed.
I hope you dont like Breaking Bad.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Maybe the problem is that you binged the show. I dont think you'd think the investigations were too easy if you pace your viewing.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
The ease at which they were able to infiltrate.

The whole reason why they started the investigation in the first place.
Ease? It took 7 episodes of careful investigation, including dead ends (the money trail came out clean, they interviewed ship workers that pretended they couldn't speak English and failed on that route too) before they were able to get a wiretap going. And that still didn't lead to them getting any of the big fish.

The whole reason it started is an example of lazy writing? How? A high ranking officer abused his power and pushed an investigation unit towards a suspect he had a personal petty grievance with. That isn't an example of lazy writing, that is an example of police corruption, which is what this series explores. The suspect was absolutely guilty and worthy of being pursued from a major crimes division, but the reason he was actually pursued was complete bullshyt. That's the kind of ironic narrative that is not only true to life, but sewn throughout the series. The hell is lazy about that?

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Ease? It took 7 episodes of careful investigation, including dead ends (the money trail came out clean, they interviewed ship workers that pretended they couldn't speak English and failed on that route too) before they were able to get a wiretap going. And that still didn't lead to them getting any of the big fish.

The whole reason it started is an example of lazy writing? How? A high ranking officer abused his power and pushed an investigation unit towards a suspect he had a personal petty grievance with. That isn't an example of lazy writing, that is an example of police corruption, which is what this series explores. The suspect was absolutely guilty and worthy of being pursued from a major crimes division, but the reason he was actually pursued was complete bullshyt. That's the kind of ironic narrative that is not only true to life, but sewn throughout the series. The hell is lazy about that?

Did you just say careful investigating :russ: