After being briefed today US congressman said the public not ready for Aliens (Update: NASA hearing Sept 14)

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
On the other hand, there was a time when the majority of experts thought the earth was the center of the universe and the sun revolved around it. There are some seriously well qualified scientists that have been sharing their belief about ufos. They are real careful in their choice of words. We've already discussed the stigma around believing in ufos in the professional world in another thread. You act like all the scientists that have discussed ufos are some crazy loons. Some of these people are leaders in their field. That is hard to ignore.
he one of them nikkas that thinks he knows more than experts in field just because he did a half assed google search, dont waste your time b

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Nuclear bomb tests are designed to minimize the effect on the environment and cause no human loss of life. It’s completely different than nuclear attacks in the act of war where 2 nuclear superpowers have a nuclear arsenal that can destroy the entire planet
I'm just gonna counter with the North Korea nuclear tests that hurt human life in the surrounding areas.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Did I post anything about having alien craft in us possession?

Read my post again with your pointer finger :heh:

You coli nikkas not as smart as you think you are :camby:

How can I know you were talking about something else when you didn't quote anyone and didn't specify anything? I assumed you were talking about the thread topic, which is alien craft in US possession. Are you talking about something else unrelated to the thread topic? Or are you just responding to some random comment in a 20-page thread and failed to quote it?

You said they saw tech we wouldn't have for 100 years. How would anyone even know what the tech was unless they had it in their possession? If you're talking about someone who just had a regular UFO sighting and then claimed it was "100 years in the future" tech, then they're a clown and any expertise they claim should be taken with a grain of salt. There's zero chance you could tell whether something was 10 years ahead or 100 years ahead solely by watching it move, especially if you don't actually work in speculative physics/mechanics.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
There is no video that shows anything like what he described. He claimed that flying saucers went on their sides. The Navy video doesn't even show a saucer, nor is it on its side. To claim the video is showing what he described is a massive stretch, you could also fit his statement to just regular-ass fighter plane maneuvers if you want to reach that far.

Personally, I don't think any of the Navy videos are faked, nor do I think they show any alien craft. They're just filming regular human shyt with some lens/sensor eccentricities.
This video does show that (right before it cuts off)

You can even see what appears to be some type of gravitational field around the craft and the end. The same exact thing bob lazar described.
And the UFO is clearly saucer shaped.

If I looked into it I’m pretty sure this is what the actual pilot described seeing as well

You can’t believe the navy videos are regular human shyt if you believe they aren’t faked because the UFOs in the videos are doing maneuvers that defies physics. They don’t even have the same method of propulsion that we do. There’s no exhaust or anything.

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
How can I know you were talking about something else when you didn't quote anyone and didn't specify anything? I assumed you were talking about the thread topic, which is alien craft in US possession. Are you talking about something else unrelated to the thread topic? Or are you just responding to some random comment in a 20-page thread and failed to quote it?

You said they saw tech we wouldn't have for 100 years. How would anyone even know what the tech was unless they had it in their possession? If you're talking about someone who just had a regular UFO sighting and then claimed it was "100 years in the future" tech, then they're a clown and any expertise they claim should be taken with a grain of salt. There's zero chance you could tell whether something was 10 years ahead or 100 years ahead solely by watching it move, especially if you don't actually work in speculative physics/mechanics.
just stop it breh, you not as smart as you think you are

you caught feelings and replied by calling names like “ufo believer” despite the fact that the us gov did this

In an emailed statement, Mr. DeLonge called the Pentagon’s release “monumental news” that “removed doubt around the authenticity of evidence in the public domain.”

“We believe that this level of recognition is exactly what is required to eliminate the extreme skepticism surrounding U.A.P. events, so we can finally move forward to sharing and analyzing reliable data from respected institutions,” he said. “After 70 years of misinformation, it’s time that we make progress to understand the extraordinary technology being observed during these events.””

You not really that guy fam, just hush, there is literally nothing in the op about possession of ufo

you just a slick talker that slides false shyt that the other person didnt even say in your long winded posts then argues against it to make yourself seem smart

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I've always been open about my background. I went to university to become a scientist, and briefly worked in the field including an internship with an organization that is very relevant to this topic. However, I became a Christian and felt called by God to invest in the Black community as a whole rather than doing my own thing, so I left science as a profession (though not as an interest) and became an educator. Over time, I started my own education-focused NGO that also branches out into other forms of community service.

I've always been consistent about that:
i know a fast city talker when i see one, lemme break down what this really means:

“i went to college, never was respected in my field, didnt really do much in it, had a lil internship, and ended up becoming a high school teacher with a nonprofit thats noone gaf about and i use religion as a cop out to cope with my own failure despite claiming to be interested in the field of science”

dont let these coli nikkas try to convince you they know more than you :camby:

that guy

Superstar
Daps
I'm just gonna counter with the North Korea nuclear tests that hurt human life in the surrounding areas.
I’ll put it another way. We are just experiment to them and the entire planet is just a laboratory to them. They don’t want us to end the experiment prematurely by destroying ourselves or the planet in the process. They don’t care if a nuclear bomb goes off, they care about nuclear war. I don’t think they’ll allow a nuclear war due to the threat of destroying the entire planet in the process. I think they were just as curious to see the aftermath and world reaction as we were as the whole point is to give us advanced knowledge and study our behavior.

In fact, I think they may have been just as shocked and surprised as we were with our use of nuclear weapons.

The concept is actually crazy. We have the capability to generate virtually limitless energy via nuclear energy and the first application of that knowledge is to create a bomb designed to detonate on the same planet that we all have to share. Imagine how primitive and savage we appear to a life from that’s orders of magnitude more intelligent that us.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I’ll put it another way. We are just experiment to them and the entire planet is just a laboratory to them. They don’t want us to end the experiment prematurely by destroying ourselves or the planet in the process. They don’t care if a nuclear bomb goes off, they care about nuclear war. I don’t think they’ll allow a nuclear war due to the threat of destroying the entire planet in the process. I think they were just as curious to see the aftermath and world reaction as we were as the whole point is to give us advanced knowledge and study our behavior.

In fact, I think they may have been just as shocked and surprised as we were with our use of nuclear weapons.

The concept is actually crazy. We have the capability to generate virtually limitless energy via nuclear energy and the first application of that knowledge is to create a bomb designed to detonate on the same planet that we all have to share. Imagine how primitive and savage we appear to a life from that’s orders of magnitude more intelligent that us.
Yeah, that makes sense now. I see what you are saying.

There are so many possibilities with this. What if there are multiple alien groups studying us? What if some of them want our resources? What if the multiple alien groups are fighting over who can control our planet's resources? It appears they are concerned about nuclear weapons, as ufo activity really started to pick up as soon as we developed them.

I hope that potential aliens have our best interests in mind, but I'm worried not all potential alien groups are friendly.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Notice that for every actual specific UFO observation, I've engaged in specific discussion with photographs, videos, logic, expert opinion, and lots of citations.

And instead of engaging with that and responding likewise, the thread just dissolved into a ton of personal attacks on me....why? Because I don't share your beliefs on this one issue, you think that justifies attacking my life and character?

You come off as fukking when you do that.

he one of them nikkas that thinks he knows more than experts in field just because he did a half assed google search, dont waste your time b

Except that every single perspective I've shared is the consensus of the experts in the field. Are you exposing yourself on purpose here?

Literally all you've offered to the conversation is ad hominem attacks, and the suggestion that we should listen to the experts. Yet you disagree with the experts. Odd.

just stop it breh, you not as smart as you think you are

you caught feelings and replied by calling names like “ufo believer”

How is "UFO believer" calling names? That's just literally what you are, just like you can refer to me as a UFO skeptic. What do you want me to call you instead?

You not really that guy fam, just hush, there is literally nothing in the op about possession of ufo

Burchett's comments were in direct response to Grusch's whistleblower complaints. Burchett is leading the committee investigating those complaints and that's where he saw the footage he is talking about. From the article:

His startling comments came after whistleblower David Grusch, a decorated Air Force veteran who’s considered by many to be credible, came forward with claims the government has been running a secret UFO retrieval program.

The House Oversight Committee is preparing a hearing to discuss Grusch’s unverified claims.

Burchett and fellow Republican Rep. Anna Paulina Luna of Florida will lead the committee’s investigation.

All of Burchett's comments are in the context of his investigation into Grusch's claims.

Last edited:

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Notice that for every actual specific UFO observation, I've engaged in specific discussion with photographs, videos, logic, expert opinion, and lots of citations.

And instead of engaging with that and responding likewise, the thread just dissolved into a ton of personal attacks on me....why? Because I don't share your beliefs on this one issue, you think that justifies attacking my life and character?

You come off as fukking weirdos when you do that.

Except that every single perspective I've shared is the consensus of the experts in the field. Are you exposing yourself on purpose here?

Literally all you've offered to the conversation is ad hominem attacks, and the suggestion that we should listen to the experts. Yet you disagree with the experts. Odd.

How is "UFO believer" calling names? That's just literally what you are, just like you can refer to me as a UFO skeptic. What do you want me to call you instead?

Burchett's comments were in direct response to Grusch's whistleblower complaints. Burchett is leading the committee investigating those complaints and that's where he saw the footage he is talking about. From the article:

All of Burchett's comments are in the context of his investigation into Grusch's claims.

Y'all write full-on fan fiction to hide your own insecurity. :russ:

I graduated With Distinction as well as Honors (two different criteria) from one of the top STEM schools in the country after choosing to follow God. I hadn't experienced the slightest barrier in my field, had the grades and rave performance reviews from both professors and employers that I could have either pursued a PhD or gone into full-time employment damn near anywhere I wanted. I left because I wasn't finding it fulfilling anymore on a soul level and God was calling me to serve the Black community and do more than just pursue my own career and status. There's never been any "failure" in that area that I would need to cope with. And I'm still interested in science, and I even still publish, it's just not what I think I should put the main work of my life into.

Oh, and multiple governors and foreign leaders do "give a fukk" about our nonprofit. I've been awarded at ceremonies where the entire venue had to be gone over with bomb-sniffing dogs before the breh giving me the award could even come into the room. That's completely irrelevant to the current discussion, but might as well pop your bubble. It blows my mind that you got so insecure about your UFO beliefs that you want to run to shyt like this.

Breh, it's not that serious. We're discussing UFO sightings. If you want to discuss those, use reason and evidence. I don't need to bring up my credentials in order to discuss these sightings, I just argue on the facts. Why do you struggle so much to deal with those facts that you have to deflect to my personal life instead?
Nah you called names to discredit, you quoted me when I made a general post :umad: and I aint reading all that shyt you typed :umad: Go to bed Walter White :umad:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
This video does show that (right before it cuts off)

Breh, Lazar claimed they were saucers flying on their sides, you posted an infrared image of a vague indeterminate shape NOT flying on its side, and then the infrared image rotates. It doesn't fly on its side anywhere in the video and there's not nearly enough detail in that video to even tell what shape the object is.

And, in fact, the craft isn't rotating at all, it's just a flare effect on the camera lens when the gimbal mechanism rotates. That is explained here:

You can even see what appears to be some type of gravitational field around the craft and the end. The same exact thing bob lazar described.

That's not a "gravitation field", its an infrared image. That same sort of distortion effect around a hot object appears all the time, even for just regular-ass planes. Again, you can see that in the above video when he shows an image of a fighter plane under infrared and it has the same "field" around it.

And the UFO is clearly saucer shaped.

You can't even see the shape of the object, you're seeing the HEAT signature. The object is producing far too much heat to discern an actual shape. Again, this is covered in the above video.

If I looked into it I’m pretty sure this is what the actual pilot described seeing as well

The actual pilots couldn't see the object in question while that action was going on, they were viewing it through the same camera that you're seeing there.

You can’t believe the navy videos are regular human shyt if you believe they aren’t faked because the UFOs in the videos are doing maneuvers that defies physics. They don’t even have the same method of propulsion that we do. There’s no exhaust or anything.

There isn't a single Navy video that defies physics. The claims that they do are simply a misunderstanding of the properties of the cameras used. All three Navy videos are covered in that video above. But if you have a physics-defying video, then post it.

And how would you see the exhaust in an infrared camera? Do you see the exhaust while viewing on infrared when a regular plane flies?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

On the other hand, there was a time when the majority of experts thought the earth was the center of the universe and the sun revolved around it.

This is always a bizarre deflection because no one has believed this since the scientific revolution started. The whole point of the scientific revolution was to actually test evidence rather than believing our own narratives and perceptions. Our "perception" is that the sun revolves around us, but serious astronomers were able to dead that claim quickly once actual scientific methods were used.

In heliocentrism, just like in most fields, it was the experts who were right and the masses who were slower to come around.

There are some seriously well qualified scientists that have been sharing their belief about ufos. They are real careful in their choice of words. We've already discussed the stigma around believing in ufos in the professional world in another thread. You act like all the scientists that have discussed ufos are some crazy loons. Some of these people are leaders in their field. That is hard to ignore.

Anyone can have any fringe beliefs, regardless of their credentials. There are a few (not many) well-qualified scientists who believe in UFOs visiting the Earth.

But when we're talking about actual experts in the field in question (not, saying, biologists talking about physics or medical doctors trying to discuss mechanical engineering), there have been extremely few instances where any qualified expert has co-signed the claims the UFO enthusiasts are making. They latch on to the PhD at the end of the name without even looking to see what field they study in or whether their expertise has ever involved the analysis in question.

And this isn't just about stigma, you can't keep making up things about people's private lives. The vast majority of scientists really, truly believe that we have no serious evidence of aliens visiting Earth.

The funny thing is, I haven't even had to rely on an Argument from Authority here. That only came up because a dumbass on your side claimed, "He doesn't trust the experts!" as if the experts were on his side of this debate.

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Nah you called names to discredit, you quoted me when I made a general post :umad: and I aint reading all that shyt you typed :umad: Go to bed Walter White :umad:

You tried to throw a punch then hide your hands. :mjlol:

And lol at "Walter White" being an insult, wasn't White brilliant and accomplished in his field and then a 2nd one besides? The emotional a$$hole left because his girlfriend hurt him, not because his accomplishments were lacking, and still proved he could succeed in anything else he wanted to. Great "burn" there.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston

This is always a bizarre deflection because no one has believed this since the scientific revolution started. The whole point of the scientific revolution was to actually test evidence rather than believing our own narratives and perceptions. Our "perception" is that the sun revolves around us, but serious astronomers were able to dead that claim quickly once actual scientific methods were used.

In heliocentrism, just like in most fields, it was the experts who were right and the masses who were slower to come around.

Anyone can have any fringe beliefs, regardless of their credentials. There are a few (not many) well-qualified scientists who believe in UFOs visiting the Earth.

But when we're talking about actual experts in the field in question (not, saying, biologists talking about physics or medical doctors trying to discuss mechanical engineering), there have been extremely few instances where any qualified expert has co-signed the claims the UFO enthusiasts are making. They latch on to the PhD at the end of the name without even looking to see what field they study in or whether their expertise has ever involved the analysis in question.

And this isn't just about stigma, you can't keep making up things about people's private lives. The vast majority of scientists really, truly believe that we have no serious evidence of aliens visiting Earth.

You’re always attacking that biologist, I can’t recall his name at the moment, but I think you know who I am talking about. He is a leader in his field, no? He claims to have done work with the government. Why wouldn’t a biologist be qualified to discuss UFOs and aliens? If there are supposed alien bodies recovered, wouldn’t you want a biologist to be involved?

Also, 10%+ of scientists that believe UFOs are likely alien is still a significant amount.

I’m guessing you’re citing this:

I’ve already discussed what has happened to academics who admit a belief in UFOs and aliens, cited John Mack in another thread, explained that I personally wouldn’t admit my belief in UFOs and aliens to colleagues professionally or academically, etc. The stigma is real, whether you want to admit it or not.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You’re always attacking that biologist, I can’t recall his name at the moment, but I think you know who I am talking about. He is a leader in his field, no? He claims to have done work with the government. Why wouldn’t a biologist be qualified to discuss UFOs and aliens?

I'm not the one who brings him up, it's just that when people say, "But there's leaders in their field saying this!", there's no one else to talk about. He's the only "leader" I'm familiar with who is co-signing this claim about the government hiding UFOs.

It's fine for a biologist to talk about UFOs. I just think it's silly to make an Argument from Authority by invoking his name. His expertise is not in the right field nor do the rest of his colleagues agree with him.

If there are supposed alien bodies recovered, wouldn’t you want a biologist to be involved?

Of course, but that's not what he's doing.

Also, 10%+ of scientists that believe UFOs are likely alien is still a significant amount.

Not a very significant amount to make an Argument from Authority. If you're going to claim, "You're not listening to the experts", then it's pretty dumb to admit that you're ignoring 90% of the experts yourself.