Africa's biggest Jesus statue’ unveiled in Nigeria...Nigerians get tf in here.

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang (formerly Eastcoastnaga)
I've already said this, but you guys are off when ya'll talk about Nigerians as one monolithic group. There are 1000s of tribes in this country and none of these groups identify as being the same "race"

Divide and conquer seems to be working well for the cacs, as usual.

African isn't black and white, the average Igbo isn't worried about a white boogeyman, when there is an Hausa in the North that'll murder him and his whole family.

And who is in the background cooking up these situations and fueling these tensions?

but the average Nigerian doesn't have time to worry about that when being murdered is a very real threat, starving to death is a very real threat.

And you don't think being economically colonized by foreigners have nothing to do with this?

The only reason why you guys can get on the internet and rant about white people all, day is because ya'll are comfortable enough to do that. The average African isn't comfortable enough to be worrying about white people.

Specifically, who's fault is that?

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i agree with everything you said, everything. it's still disheartening though. for the longest, i looked up to african countries like they were going to be the saviors of blacks in america. now a days though, i realize they're just as lost as we are here. it's just sad to me, man.

unfortunately or fortunately depending on ones point of view, one thing Africa has adopted is that Capitalism is the way forward....

people are less concerned with building unity across cultures and more concerned with fast streaming wifi, being able to get the latest Iphone and watching the English premier league on cable ...

people are building bigger churches, bigger mosques to attract more followers so they can make more money .........

while I do believe there are some devout religious leaders I think now the majority are driven by power and money.... The likes of you and I see things for what they are and would never dream of giving 10% of our salary to some shyster pastor but unfortunately a lot of the exploited underclass dont think like that...

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps

And who is in the background cooking up these situations and fueling these tensions?

And you don't think being economically colonized by foreigners have nothing to do with this?

lol bro cacs didn't invent these tribes, they've been around for centuries.
And we didn't like eachother far before Europeans ever stepped foot on the land that is now Nigeria.

The only difference is we used to mostly stay away from eachother and mind ourselves, Europeans drew borders and forced us to try and coexist.

We were already divided, Whites tried to force us to unite when nobody in Africa wanted that, we liked being divided and living with people that look like us and speak like us.

You can't blame everything on cacs, ingroups and outgroups have always been a part of human pathology whether white, black, asian, pygmy. Tribes were warring with each other and subjugating eachother long before whites ever came.

Get this idea out ya'll head that blacks are godly peaceful people and cacs are evil. If blacks and whites were put in reverse situations, blacks would have enslaved or genocided white people just like they did to us. shyt is human nature, understand it and adapt as a black person.

Last edited:

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I gotta take an issue with that point dawg ...... there are different tribes and religions ..... you have millions of people that speak different languages and have different cultures living amongst each other .....

has nothing to do with divide and conquer .... people just have an attitude of live and let live in order to get along

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The L from the Biafran War that we've already bounced back from to become the most prosperous region in the nation :comeon:

You guys can learn something from us, you know group economics, how to financially prosper when other groups try their hardest to stop you.

But I'm done arguing African with people who have never been and don't know anybody who actually lives on the continent.

breh ignore these clowns. these dudes read shyt from Wikipedia and suddenly they're experts on matters that even expert economist, historians, and anthropologist don't have a full grasp on. also i'll bet money that most of these dudes in here carrying parents or grand parents have a king james bible plus a white jesus picture hanging somewhere in the house.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
And we didn't like eachother far before Europeans ever stepped foot on the land that is now Nigeria.

The only difference is we used to mostly stay away from eachother and mind ourselves, Europeans drew borders and forced us to try and coexist.

We were already divided, Whites tried to force us to unite when nobody in Africa wanted that, we liked being divided and living with people that look like us and speak like us.

You can't blame everything on cacs, ingroups and outgroups have always been a part of human pathology whether white, black, asian, pygmy. Tribes were warring with each other and subjugating eachother long before whites ever came.

Get this idea out ya'll head that blacks are godly peaceful people and cacs are evil. If blacks and whites were put in reverse situations, blacks would have enslaved or genocided white people just like they did to us. shyt is human nature, understand it and adapt as a black person.

LOL

The tribal skirmishes pre Colonialism don't compare to the economic apartheid causing economic and physical violence on the continent today :mjlol:

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The only difference is we used to stay away from eachother and mind ourselves, Europeans drew borders and forced us to try and coexist.

You can't blame everything on cacs, ingroups and outgroups have always been a part of human pathology whether white, black, asian, pygmy. Tribes were warring with each other and subjegating eachother long before whites ever came.

This is the thing that a lot of people dont understand...

Nigeria is only 50 years old... technically speaking there is no such thing as a Nigerian culture, no Nigerian language or food....

its an artificial construct ....

as a Yoruba man, my language, my beliefs my culture is dictated by thousands of years of my tribe, someone from another tribe has a completely different language , culture and set of beliefs...

we all had different Kingdoms and didnt live amongst each other

The only thing we have in common is skin colour

In reality I have as much in common from a Nigerian from another tribe as I do with someone from Jamaica or New Orleans......

Its a potential powder keg which is why Nigerians are very careful to respect each others beliefs...

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lack of belief in God not changing anything, breh :mjlol:
well lets try it first and find out. because blacks having the highest percentage of religious folks for centuries, definitely aint changing anything

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
these African excuses got me rolling....that's why I don't pay yall any mind when yall try to slander African Americans :russ:

continent as a whole keeps Europe afloat while y'all suffer :mjlol: and got the nerve to try and look down on us

you all failed us ...we should've had somewhere nice to go to post slavery :blessed:

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
LOL

The tribal skirmishes pre Colonialism don't compare to the economic apartheid causing economic and physical violence on the continent today :mjlol:
because Africa pre-colonialism is well documented right :comeon:

Africans don't even write down family trees and you want to tell me how West Africa was precolonialism.
When the only text you have to read on the subject is by whites trying to interpret word of mouth stories, by Africans.