African chick who has lived in the US for 10 years asks whether she can speak on black issues that affect her in the US. FBA say no!

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Circumstantial to me.

I wouldn't want them speaking on Slavery/Jim Crow or doing some apples to oranges comparison about who has it worse. But everyday racism in the US and her experience with it, why not?

There's alot of ADOS/FBA descendents in Africa and Europe that have a clearer knowledge on slavery and Jim Crow than alot of you here. Many of htem even have old documents from that era. You all are here and online are so ignorant you think black issues themselves are just black and white

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Notice that the first thing African women want to talk about is colorism and “featurism”:russ:

These broads are the main ones online trying to call FBA women multiracial and try to say that they are not Black.

They were at one points saying Lori Harvey is not Black.

They are the main divestors.

@yung Herbie Hancock
Contrary to popular belief, most non bantu West African women do not date/marry outside, rarely at all. But you wouldn't know that because you're that uninformed or fashionalby internet informed

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Contrary to popular belief, most non bantu West African women do not date/marry outside, rarely at all. But you wouldn't know that because you're that uninformed or fashionalby internet informed

The one's in the West do.

I not referring to the one's in their homeland.

They are not divestors or tethers.

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The one's in the West do.

I not referring to the one's in their homeland.

They are not divestors or tethers.

Do you read what you type out loud? However you organize it in your head it comes out like Hulk experimenting on Ant Man in End Game

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nope you have no right to talk about black American issues
If I moved to Africa tomorrow
I wouldn’t twist my mouth on any issues pertaining to what Africans are going through
It’s not my place, all I could do is listen and try to understand what they going through
And take their lessons and move accordingly
The problem with muthafukkas that come over here and put our culture on is that they try to distance themselves when shyt hits the fan
I’m “*insert diaspora* I ain’t black american
I seen and witnessed that sentiment and that was some crazy shyt
But what can you do, I soon deaded that group of individuals and unfortunately had to get ghost on a Nigerian chick I was really hoping to be with
nikkas don’t want to have a real conversation on this though
And you will be called everything but the son of god if you speak your truth on this forum
...all this based off the one Nigerian you hoped to get with?

ok

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL

more dumb logic from you, alot of students that came back in that era were MOSTLY, usually 7/10 from an aristocratic class. They had connection to their home govt, which in turn had some connection to govt officials in US. Alot of them also went to HBCU's, or in white schools around certain white people who helped them come on exchange. They didn't venture out like that. I do know some older African men who experienced severe racism in Canada back in the 60s, and they transferred to HBCU's and Harvard.

You all make everything black and white without nuance

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:skip: But she literally said, "I'm not black, I'm African." She's excluding HERSELF.

She said based on the internet logic

I always thought I was black until an AMERICAN told me I'm not really black or not black black. Somebody who I thought was concious.

That is the most confused logic I've ever heard.

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:skip: But she literally said, "I'm not black, I'm African." She's excluding HERSELF.

She said based on the internet logic

I always thought I was black until an AMERICAN told me I'm not really black or not black black. Somebody who I thought was concious.

That is the most confused logic I've ever heard.
She's playing timid cuz she know she wrong. She been here 12 yrs. I have jeans older than that. :mjlol:

No, she don't get to speak on colorism, texturism, and featurism- internal FBA issues. She doesn't have the right to tell us who to exclude from blackness. Nobody wants or asked for her opinion. She can talk about why the wm ran her out of her country and how FBA gave her a safe haven.

Do Africans pop all this colororism/ texturism/ featurism shyt when they go to latino countries? Do they even go to latino countries? If no, why not? Exactly.
Yes Africans go to latin countries, you dont own blackness FOH

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
There's alot of ADOS/FBA descendents in Africa and Europe that have a clearer knowledge on slavery and Jim Crow than alot of you here. Many of htem even have old documents from that era. You all are here and online are so ignorant you think black issues themselves are just black and white
I think theres some intellectual dishonesty in this post. Of course there are blacks the world over that know about slavery and the damage it caused. I've had an African American studies course taught by; of all people; a white dude who could speak about the federalist no 54, Dred Scott, Plessy v Ferguson, black codes, John Calhoun, and more for hours...

It's not the race or background of the person speaking on it, it's their tone in which they speak on it. I'm not going listen to a first generation African or any other ethnicity for that matter try and convince me that those wrongs no longer have the same effect, in the manner that many of them do.

It would be like me speaking on the Holocaust or Khmer Rouge or the Rwandan genocide. I have even less courtesy for someone who is not a descendent of a slave trying to tell me the impact it does or doesn't have psychologically and socially on African Americans.

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And I told you, there are limits that African-Americans can reach in the US that black immigrants don’t have to worry about. Black immigrants align more with white supremacy than black liberation. Y'all come to America with the mentality of “just happy to be here”

Ma’am, with all due respect. You just said you have never stepped foot in the US. You have to know when you’re talking out of place. You’re posting headlines about news articles and I am speaking from experience. Black people who are not African American are not treated the same as African-Americans. You posted an article of a African immigrant being killed by police… in 1999 :dead:

It’s funny how people like you would say “they see us all as the same” when black immigrants are some of the first to say “racism don’t exist” when y’all come to the US. :wow:

you another one that makes literally no sense

this is some of the dumbest BS I've read in a while, black immigrants can't even vote, much less petition any govt official on anything, and many depend on their jobs or immigration status to even stay here until/if they can obtain citizoneship

FOH with this retarded talk

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think theres some intellectual dishonesty in this post. Of course there are blacks the world over that know about slavery and the damage it caused. I've had an African American studies course taught by; of all people; a white dude who could speak about the federalist no 54, Dred Scott, Plessy v Ferguson, black codes, John Calhoun, and more for hours...

It's not the race or background of the person speaking on it, it's their tone in which they speak on it. I'm not going listen to a first generation African or any other ethnicity for that matter try and convince me that those wrongs no longer have the same effect, in the manner that many of them do.

It would be like me speaking on the Holocaust or Khmer Rouge or the Rwandan genocide. I have even less courtesy for someone who is not a descendent of a slave trying to tell me the impact it does or doesn't have psychologically and socially on African Americans.

This is a strawman, nobody said this in the video or in this thread. You're the intellectual dishonest one creating a reason to spew xenaphobia

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Coli milic00ns simultaneaously try to gatekeep blackness and accuse others of distancing themselves from blackness. In the end, they just want to be able to hate on other black people.

Bingo, it's comes across like a mental illness. Simply looking for a reason/exuse to feel what they already feel WITHOUT REASON

"You're not black because I said so"
"Why are you not claiming black?"
"I said you can't claim black, you're a tether"

"You tethers dont say your black, even though we said you can't be black, we want you to try to be black"

"let me disrespect you and accuse you of disprespecting me at the same time. I have the right because I'm the authority on black"

whew!

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
130+ posts over what should be the most common sense shyt ever :why:

No you can't speak on our issues when you just got here. Just like how I'd take a back seat, be respectful and stay out the way if I moved over there. Not a difficult concept

10 years? arrived as a child and literally grew up there

10 YEARS

something wrong with alot of you on here