African borders need to be redrawn, we can all agree on this but do have the stomach to stand aside?

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I agree with all of this.

You cannot artificially create states. It takes time, maybe even wars. In Africa, potential state formation was interrupted by colonialism and so all differences between different groups and tribes were not hashed out. No order of things was ever established in majority of the cases.

We might have to let these groups realise on their own how disadvantageous it is to be a little statelet.

That or another wave of Pan-African leaders with better economic policies who don't end up dead by airstrike or at the hands of their right hand man :snoop:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I hope sooner rather than later. I wouldn't mind a huge sub-Saharan African migration into North Africa for the sake of more proper demographics.

Are you aware of any trade between Nigeria and Ethiopia? Two largest African markets need to start building those networks.

Shame DRC is in a perma conflict with its huge population and resources.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Are you aware of any trade between Nigeria and Ethiopia? Two largest African markets need to start building those networks.

Shame DRC is in a perma conflict with its huge population and resources.

I don't know of anything in particular between the two but they've had a relationship for a long time now so I would assume trade is involved. I should look into that actually because I'm honestly not sure of the particulars. :hmmjb:

DRC could be what Nigeria is now if it had it's shyt straight. Congo epitomizes the tragedy of the continent.

HideoKojima

DOOM, all capitals, no trick spellin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Georgia, Home of the trillest
What in the fukk are you talkin about? :wtfdylan:

First of all to the underlined, I never implied anything of the sort. I merely said how I would like the borders to be if it were to happen. The people within those borders already live next to each other, if you hadn't noticed all of them are generally in the same neighborhood so spare me your "omg they have to live next to each other" bullshyt when they've already done that for thousands of years. And where in the fukk did you get the wild assumption that hundreds of thousands would relocate? I'm only coming at you like this cuz you've got some fukkin nerve to come at me like I'm crazy without at least asking how I came up with something like that in the first place.

As for the bolded, I'm just gonna chalk all of this up to you being drunk as fukk right now I don't even know :wtf: you talkin about. If you know shyt at all about the continent you'd realize the way in which I drew the borders gives each "region-nation" a huge wealth of resources that can be shared and efficiently managed by the people. A nation with that much manpower and resources at it's disposal is one that will forge its own future rather than remaining a charity case for the west. Don't ask me how it'll happen, how it should be done, all I know is the borders now already aren't natural so my idea opens it up for tribes to no longer be separated by borders they had no part in. One of the biggest threats to genuine African growth is balkanization and my idea addresses it. I mean damn, if you gon come at me at least challenge my ideas in a real way instead of talkin shyt actin like a closed minded hoe about it.
Calm down, sir. that man treated you with respect in his reply. do not name call, this is HL. Argue with some decency :ufdup:

I.AM.PIFF

You're minor, we're major
Supporter
Daps
Well since you brought it up.....:hugoehh:

5ebr4y.jpg

.....this is what I'm hoping for. :manny:

Maghreb union would be more realistic and possible, remove Egypt and add Western Sahara/Mauritania :manny:

But that's a really simplified solution breh

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Maghreb union would be more realistic and possible, remove Egypt and add Western Sahara/Mauritania :manny:

But that's a really simplified solution breh

I feel you. I kinda did it that way cuz I felt like a Maghreb State next to Libya would be an added economic engine for a North African nation while Egypt plays as it's administrative leader on a regional level. The idea is to shift Egypt back into a more Africanized role instead of its almost androgynous role as an African and Middle Eastern country but I also was keen on reuniting the Maghreb as well. I can see your Western Sahara/Mauritania argument my shyt was for the sake of symmetry and so Tuaregs wouldn't get outta pocket in northern Mali plus I didn't want the sub-Saharan state to be only tropical Africa and Black. But still, I can see your point, especially since I gave West Africa the most territory on that map.

All I know is East Africa is sorted out for me, that'd be a GOAT level country considering the resources, location, and coastline. :ehh:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…

All them regional states got potential. North Africa right at the doorstep of the Euro market with a shytload of oil. Africa as a continent could run shyt cuz of it's central position and wealth of resources. I just kinda figured why does Africa have to keep breaking up into still smaller and more volatile pieces while other nations can have good size and resources to grow and develop. My idea is longer than a long shot tho, a lot of people would be giving up power and you'd immediately have old border disputes come up when you begin to organize the current countries into states within a regional nation. It's too ambitious and would take an exceptional level of nationalism/propaganda to be feasible.

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think you would sooner get more political integration in the current EAC as it stands and economic integration in SADC before the Maghreb countries get a reasonable level of unity. The Algerian and Moroccan governments do not like each other at all, if i am not mistaken they closed their borders in 94 and have not opened them since. There have also been involved in an arms race and Algerian support for the independence of the Western Sahara grates the Moroccans. They would also likely try to get some of those Sahel countries like Mauritania in their organization as well. There is also movement in integrating East and Southern Africa through COMESA and the building of the Capetown to Cairo highway is going to pass through those countries. East African countries like Kenya and Tanzania in particular have some similarities with Southern African cultures and languages.

I.AM.PIFF

You're minor, we're major
Supporter
Daps
I think you would sooner get more political integration in the current EAC as it stands and economic integration in SADC before the Maghreb countries get a reasonable level of unity. The Algerian and Moroccan governments do not like each other at all, if i am not mistaken they closed their borders in 94 and have not opened them since. There have also been involved in an arms race and Algerian support for the independence of the Western Sahara grates the Moroccans. They would also likely try to get some of those Sahel countries like Mauritania in their organization as well. There is also movement in integrating East and Southern Africa through COMESA and the building of the Capetown to Cairo highway is going to pass through those countries. East African countries like Kenya and Tanzania in particular have some similarities with Southern African cultures and languages.

Add in that Algeria-Libya relations are a far cry from being good, since Libya is still in a "state of chaos" and Algeria's support for Gaddafi and his family during th Libyan uprising. Also, Algeria has closed or heavily militarized all of its borders, save for the Tunisian borders. So yeah, I doubt they will be any unity and that goes too for other regions as well.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Add in that Algeria-Libya relations are a far cry from being good, since Libya is still in a "state of chaos" and Algeria's support for Gaddafi and his family during th Libyan uprising. Also, Algeria has closed or heavily militarized all of its borders, save for the Tunisian borders. So yeah, I doubt they will be any unity and that goes too for other regions as well.

The world is not static.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…

Yeah, the EAC is much further along than any of the other regions as it stands. That common background of Swahili and having been British colonies I'd say has helped in that regard. To me tho, the EAC could be the beginning of a real effort to stabilize the whole East Africa and make it the viable economic force in the world that it can be. Capetown to Cairo is a great highway idea. If it were possible, I'd love to see a Kigali to Dakar highway built in memory of the hero of the Rwandan genocide Captain Mbaye, an East to West highway would be huge.