African borders need to be redrawn, we can all agree on this but do have the stomach to stand aside?

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Well since you brought it up.....:hugoehh:

5ebr4y.jpg

.....this is what I'm hoping for. :manny:

Terrible idea and you know it

This is a disingenuous and dishonest level of thought. To believe all conflicts around the world would seize to exist just because new borders are established is foolish. The people within those borders still have to live next to each other. On top of the fact that you'll be asking for hundreds of thousands of people to forcibly relocate.

You know better than this 2quik

I do not, for one second, believe that borders won't be drawn to incorporate limited resources.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps

This is a disingenuous and dishonest level of thought. To believe all conflicts around the world would seize to exist just because new borders are established is foolish. The people within those borders still have to live next to each other. On top of the fact that you'll be asking for hundreds of thousands of people to forcibly relocate.

I do not, for one second, believe that borders won't be drawn to incorporate limited resources.

Thats why it has and will be organic.

Extreme balkanization -----------------> stabilization----------->consolidation

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
when I said do you think organic = non violent you stated,"it can be but that's not the norm."

Maybe I misunderstood what you were stating the norm was?

It won't be peaceful but I think balkanization is going to happen in every region in Africa, regardless of the cost.

The leaders could stop this by leaving IMF/World bank alone, creating valuable institutions with a strong propaganda machine to forge a sense of nationalism and a manufacturing base....but its doubtful.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…

What in the fukk are you talkin about? :wtfdylan:

First of all to the underlined, I never implied anything of the sort. I merely said how I would like the borders to be if it were to happen. The people within those borders already live next to each other, if you hadn't noticed all of them are generally in the same neighborhood so spare me your "omg they have to live next to each other" bullshyt when they've already done that for thousands of years. And where in the fukk did you get the wild assumption that hundreds of thousands would relocate? I'm only coming at you like this cuz you've got some fukkin nerve to come at me like I'm crazy without at least asking how I came up with something like that in the first place.

As for the bolded, I'm just gonna chalk all of this up to you being drunk as fukk right now I don't even know :wtf: you talkin about. If you know shyt at all about the continent you'd realize the way in which I drew the borders gives each "region-nation" a huge wealth of resources that can be shared and efficiently managed by the people. A nation with that much manpower and resources at it's disposal is one that will forge its own future rather than remaining a charity case for the west. Don't ask me how it'll happen, how it should be done, all I know is the borders now already aren't natural so my idea opens it up for tribes to no longer be separated by borders they had no part in. One of the biggest threats to genuine African growth is balkanization and my idea addresses it. I mean damn, if you gon come at me at least challenge my ideas in a real way instead of talkin shyt actin like a closed minded hoe about it.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
the rest of your post doesn't matter

explain how those borders would get this way good sir :smugfavre:

If you had read the rest of my post you would've seen me tell you specifically not to ask me that question. That's something I myself am still trying to learn. But by all means play the smug card, since you couldn't address any of the shyt I said. :hugoehh:

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Like the 100 Years War, War of Roses and The Reconquest of Spain was HUGE in forming Western cohesion. State and identity formation is such a organic thing and hard to facilitate artificially.

Thats why it has and will be organic.

Extreme balkanization -----------------> stabilization----------->consolidation

I agree with all of this.

You cannot artificially create states. It takes time, maybe even wars. In Africa, potential state formation was interrupted by colonialism and so all differences between different groups and tribes were not hashed out. No order of things was ever established in majority of the cases.

We might have to let these groups realise on their own how disadvantageous it is to be a little statelet.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Egypt should probably be separate and joined with north Sudan no?

It could be, but I prefer it go by region. I only designed it that way since Egypt is arguably the most important Arab country in the ME. I felt like it'd be the perfect lead state in a North African regional country. Besides, the less Egypt has it's hands on the Nile the better. :sas2:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
It could be, but I prefer it go by region. I only designed it that way since Egypt is arguably the most important Arab country in the ME. I felt like it'd be the perfect lead state in a North African regional country. Besides, the less Egypt has it's hands on the Nile the better. :sas2:

Eventually the Arabs have to go and we can reclaim our ancient artifacts :sas2: