African American Dances by City

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
My fiancé is of gullah heritage, as all her ppl from Beaufort SC and Charleston. I gotta ask her about any dances or such her kinfolk was doing back then.

Side note: when she get upset, her gullah accent comes out and I can’t even really understand her grandma at times :russ:. I love us (AA’s), man. Such rich culture and history.

I lived in Savannah for a few years, and this was during the Snap Era, so a lot of the Geechie cats were on that too cool to dance stuff and used to get on us Atlanta cats (I wasn't a dancer but still). I remember Shawty Lo had came down and the Geechie brehs were in the crowd like "GET THESE DANCING ASS ATLANTA N'S OUTTA HERE :scust:"

Boosie was God in the Low Country though lol. IDK what the young people are doing now though because I havent been down in years.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
I see the Sip gets it in :gladbron:

Gotta visit ... I’m convinced people on here that hate on the south (their roots... the originators) are either c00ns or white . :mjpls: This yalls home :ufdup:
I also believe those who hate on the south, really hate on it because they saw or see white folks hating on the south, and some brehs and brehettes want that white acceptance or to be seen on the same level, so you’re spot on with the c00n assessment.

I lived in Savannah for a few years, and this was during the Snap Era, so a lot of the Geechie cats were on that too cool to dance stuff and used to get on us Atlanta cats (I wasn't a dancer but still). I remember Shawty Lo had came down and the Geechie brehs were in the crowd like "GET THESE DANCING ASS ATLANTA N'S OUTTA HERE :scust:"

Boosie was God in the Low Country though lol. IDK what the young people are doing now though because I havent been down in years.
:russ:

Man, I had a home girl going to Savannah State at that time, she was a Boosie stan. He was a king all over the south, but like you said, he was God like from Duval on east to Charleston.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
I see the Sip gets it in :gladbron:

Gotta visit ... I’m convinced people on here that hate on the south (their roots... the originators) are either c00ns or white . :mjpls: This yalls home :ufdup:
Also, if you’re going to hit up the Sip you gotta let me know and I can get you a list of everything you need to do down on the coast; from the clubs & lounges on down to bbq joints.

I’m biased, but the coast is the best area in MS and it’s more to do than one would have you believe. Plus, with NO, Baton Rouge, Mobile, and the FL coastal cities like PCola and Destin nearby, there’s always something to do. So much culture within that area.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Also, if you’re going to hit up the Sip you gotta let me know and I can get you a list of everything you need to do down on the coast; from the clubs & lounges on down to bbq joints.

I’m biased, but the coast is the best area in MS and it’s more to do than one would have you believe. Plus, with NO, Baton Rouge, Mobile, and the FL coastal cities like PCola and Destin nearby, there’s always something to do. So much culture within that area.

Will do. Good look .