African American Dances by City

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
My fiancé is of gullah heritage, as all her ppl from Beaufort SC and Charleston. I gotta ask her about any dances or such her kinfolk was doing back then.

Side note: when she get upset, her gullah accent comes out and I can’t even really understand her grandma at times :russ:. I love us (AA’s), man. Such rich culture and history.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
i don't know if this version of steppin originated in chicago or not, but i know i associated with them because kells song.

Chicago had steppin WAY before Kellz made a song about it I luhhhh my city, i cant step like the pro's.... i can do a lil bit what the pros call boppin. But i am always amazed by footworking. Ans, of course, I'd always enjoy juking

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
cats from southern Mississippi be one that line footwork shyt too

Dap + Rep!

I’m a Carolina dude, but I spent a good bit of my life on the MS Gulf Coast. Black spring break on the beach used to be lit as fug. It would suck trying to get anywhere in Biloxi, though, and them white folks hate BSB.

BSB, Mardi Gras, etc. That party/dance culture is pretty much all along that I-10 corridor from NO to Mobile, AL.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
My fiancé is of gullah heritage, as all her ppl from Beaufort SC and Charleston. I gotta ask her about any dances or such her kinfolk was doing back then.

Side note: when she get upset, her gullah accent comes out and I can’t even really understand her grandma at times :russ:. I love us (AA’s), man. Such rich culture and history.

Man, I took part in a second line once. Shyt was hella fun walking through the 3rd ward with my homie and his kinfolk and all his friends. New Orleans is a wonderful city

I always have said Nawlins and the Chuck have the richest most unique histories and culture for black folks. People need to go and pay homage before it’s diluted .