African American Dances by City

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Black people dance and party too fukking much. Put some of that energy into black empowerment.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Get em shawty get em :blessed:

I would assume Atlanta ticking is rooted in locking

Bankhead bounce, the go to dance for non dancing folks from 94 to like 98 :russ:

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
Hard to tell...well maybe a little, because it just seems like regular close, slow dancing.
IMO what a lot of we consider “regular close, slow dancing” is essentially a slow drag, it’s just that nobody uses the term anymore.

I just go off what my pops describes from back in the day, said people used to bust on themselves cause it was that intimate, peep how ol girl was grinding on Cochise’s leg.
:yeshrug:

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
Lol them sur Mexicans take credit for all of this on some "minority culture" bs that's why I love the coli unapologetic black
They know better than to claim any of the dancing. At the most they’ll attempt to poplock or some shyt.
:mjlol:

They’re better off false claiming credit for Zoot suits, which nobody believes but them anyway.
:mjlol:

Black Haven

We will find another road to glory!!!
Daps
Looked like a Krump Twerk.

What's this? All I recognize is Milly rock

It's the "love come down" challenge from a couple years ago that had folks from all around the states(mostly east coast) participating in using a variety of common dance styles with the Harlem shake being the most used one.

Last edited:

T'krm

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BA DOS Af pr
Yea, @Selah im out here arguing on behalf of the gang, you better tag me next time homie :ufdup:

Lol, I’m messing with ya. Great thread! I’ve damn near dapped every post #AAgang

AAdos #AAgang repin' in full force all over! :blessed:

invalid

Banned
Daps
Great thread.
Can somebody explain Dallas Jigging and Miami Jooking?
Doesn't look like a distinctive dance, just something you do when you catch a beat.